• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG152: Hakuryu's Lake!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
1117.jpg

From TV-Tokyo:
On their way to the Battle Dome, Satoshi and his friends come across a famous fishing spot. However, there aren't any fishers at the lake! The gang meets a woman named Asagi, who tells our heroes that the "rogue pokemon" Shazarigaa (Crawdaut) is the reason neither human nor pokemon will come out to the lake. So, in order to protect the peace of the lake, Satoshi promises to get rid of the Shazarigaa...

There's no mention of Hakuryuu (Dragonair) in the summary, so the pokemon's name in the title may not be a mispelling after all.

Last edited:
Corphish is in the preview, and it doesn't look like it is evolving. We'll have to wait until next week to be sure, though.

I wonder who those eyes belong to...

There's no mention of Hakuryuu (Dragonair) in the summary, so the pokemon's name in the title may not be a mispelling after all.

Let me get this straight - the Japanese writers may have forgotten there was a Pokemon named Hakuryuu and named a random lake that has nothing to do with it that name instead?

Gosh, that's like 4Kids levels of stupidity . . .

Corphish VS. Crawdaunt battle I hope.

Good thing Corphish doesn't evolve as proved by the Battle Dome episode, I love Corphish too much to see it go through a generic evolution.

There's also a Vaporeon in the episode, I wonder if that's some kind of foreshadowing since May might have an Eevee in that egg.

I'll also be somewhat annoyed if Dragonair doesn't appear in this episode, we haven't seen one in ages!

Erm...so, I'm the only one who noticed the glowing purple eyes that look pretty much identical to those of Dragonair's?

They looked white to me...

They also look closer to Dragonite than Dragonair. It is likely that the lake was named after Dragonair, but they haven't been seen in a long time. (Since the Crawdaunt came?)

Zeta said:
Let me get this straight - the Japanese writers may have forgotten there was a Pokemon named Hakuryuu and named a random lake that has nothing to do with it that name instead?.

Well. It could just be a generic Hakuryū - as in white dragon, but...

The TV Tokyo website has Hakuryu's name spelled correctly, ハクリュー. More importantly, the preview on the website seems to have been corrected since the television broadcast.

Unregistered said:
Erm...so, I'm the only one who noticed the glowing purple eyes that look pretty much identical to those of Dragonair's?

I just watched the preview... they did look like Dragonair's... and they better be Dragonair's or this episode will turn out to be nothing more than another uninteresting Battle Frontier filler episode.

Adding to what Argy said, the title text at the end of the preview itself spelt Hakuryuu's name correctly. You know, on the Rayquaza thing.

Hehe, I can imagine all those telephone calls coming in after Thursday evening... "Excuse me, but Hakuryū's name is spelt with a , not a u..." But there's ample evidence for the pre-correction title...

attachment.php

Oh Em Gee!
It looks like a cool episode with another evil Pokemon but what really attracts me to this one episode is Asagi.
From the flashback to the present time, Asagi is THE hottest filler character so far in the 9th season. I dont give a Pikachu's tail if Asagi's an old lady, that hair still really kicks arse! Her youngerself is also a knockout so it's not as surprising as it would be.
I cant WAIT till this episode airs!!!! I only have one Asagi picture and it's the one on the thread. *is drooling*, and btw if you edit out all the old age marks from Asagi, you get someone so hot that she could burn Kanto down
*is cooling down*
I just hope she's really as good looking as she is in that picture.

On Pokeani there's something about a change in the OP; something about a countdown...

This is the count down to the end of the series. It has to be; no other explanation.

On a much more logical note, I'd say this could be for a number of things, which includes acting as a timer for the hatcing of the egg.

Maybe it's a countdown to the whole Ranger thing, since they've been making quite a big deal out of it?

What's the countdown starting at, anyway?

Here's what I know from Pokeani:

OP: Musashi's Dokucale was inserted into the TR scene, but Manyula was removed. It looks like the Mew and Lucario scene was taken out, too. There's something to do with Mysterious Dungeon, but I can't fully translate the sentence.

I still cannot tell what the countdown is about, but I can confirm that it isn't about Haruka's egg and it isn't about Ranger.

In the episode, Satoshi's Heigani fought the Shizarigar twice. It lost the first time and won the second. One of the characters of the day has a Showers that Heigani also fought and lost to. Yes, there was a Hakuryu in the episode.

It looks like a modified AA [since most of the Pokémon in there have changed since], though the last picture is PSM.

Ah. Wait. I think I know what this could be. After the end of the previous show, they will announce that Pokémon is coming up next. They used to have random clips from the episode itself there - and the script was ポケットモンスターアドバンスジェネレーション、この後すぐ Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation, right after this(or something like that). That would be followed by some commercials.

Buuut. This is a countdown. So perhaps it directly precedes the show, unlike that one.

I wonder if next week's capture will include this new clip.

As for Dungeon... that scene replaces Mew & Lucario clip. Given that Dungeon was released on Thursday, it may be a one-off thing.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom