• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG152: Hakuryu's Lake!

Well 5 episodes would put that at AG157, for which the title has not been released to my knowledge, and coincidently the same week that Movie 8 releases on DVD.

Ooh. There's a beautiful new piece of BGM, with vocals. Now I wonder if the voice was synthesised...

Also, screenshots.

Last edited:
Is it me, or is May's Squirtle getting better attacks sooner than Ash's? Her's has Ice Beam, and now Hydro Pump. It took Ash's Squirtle 111 Eps until it learned Hydro Pump.

This sucks. If May's Squirtle gets too strong, then there's no reason to bring Ash's Squirtle back.

If May's Squirtle replaces Ash's for good I will be pissed.

That's it, it's time to make some turtle soup. That reptile is really starting rub me the wrong way. One uber attack after another. Argh, why are the writers so easy on May? Why can't she actually work for anything?

TK n Happy Ness said:
Is it me, or is May's Squirtle getting better attacks sooner than Ash's? Her's has Ice Beam, and now Hydro Pump. It took Ash's Squirtle 111 Eps until it learned Hydro Pump.

What Hydro Pump? That was Rapid Spin, assisted by Bubblebeam and Water Gun.

Whoo, Koji with a ponytail! I'll be anxiously awaiting seeing this one!!

Still, Rapid Spin requires a fair bit of training and I doubt a baby squirtle would learn it this fast.

Zhen Lin said:
Ooh. There's a beautiful new piece of BGM, with vocals. Now I wonder if the voice was synthesised...

Are you sure it is exactly new?

If your referring to the piece at the end of the episode, it sounds like a piece from movie 4, when Celebi is revived.

I don't think the countdown is part of the actual opening, corect?

The music that plays when Celebi is revived, that music is like one of my favorite piece of music ever!

If I understand correctly, the countdown is before the first scene (which is now before the OP, remember) and it's simply counting down from the end of the last show to the starting of Pokemon.

The Big Al said:
That's it, it's time to make some turtle soup. That reptile is really starting rub me the wrong way. One uber attack after another. Argh, why are the writers so easy on May? Why can't she actually work for anything?
There's an interesting line about that in "Where's Armaldo?". May works for ages on Bulbasaur's Petal Dance, but as it is not one of Ash's Pokémon, we don't get to see any training. <_<

Unregistered said:
If May's Squirtle replaces Ash's for good I will be pissed.
And you expected Ash's Squirtle to return? I give it two episodes in the Battle Frontier tops.

FabuVinny said:
And you expected Ash's Squirtle to return? I give it two episodes in the Battle Frontier tops.

That's what I wanted, for it to return for an episode or two for a Brain, like Charizard and Snorlax. Since Squirtle is his Pokemon and not some random filler character, it has a great chance of appearing.

I don't see why Satoshi would need Zenigame when he has Heigani right there.

Argy said:
I don't see why Satoshi would need Zenigame when he has Heigani right there.

Maybe because he'd want to use him? Just because they're the same type doesn't mean Ash shouldn't use his Squirtle.

Besides, IMO Squirtle is much stronger than Corphish.

But Squirtle is a fire fighter. And Ash is going to get a new Water Pokémon in D/P land anyway, so it isn't worth having Ash's Squirtle return now, especially when a Squirtle is already on a main character's team.

That doesn't matter. Squirtle took off some time to help Ash in the Johto league.

And that's why I don't like about May's Squirtle. Just because she has a Squirtle it shouldn't "replace" Ash's much cooler and better Squirtle. They made an episode with the two Bulbasaur, why can't they do the same for the two Squirtle?

I'd much rather see Ash use a few of his old Pokemon one last time, as they've done nothing but rot away at Oaks for over 150+ episodes. Why is Ash bothering to keep his old Pokemon if he's not going to use them anymore? It's a shame that they're sitting there collecting dust and Ash won't even use them anymore. He might as well release them all if he's never going to use them again.

It battled for him. It still can't stay on full-time.

May's Squirtle is completely different to Ash's Squirtle. They have completely different personalities. Besides, he does use Pokémon again, as the first two Battle facilities have shown.

He should use the rest of them too, even if they're conflicting types. As I said, having Ash's Squirtle return for just one episode would be fine.

At least with the two Bulbasaur the writers have them both co-exist. With the Squirtle it's like May's Squirtle "replaces" Ash's, so much in fact that Ash didn't even mention his Squirtle.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom