• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG152: Hakuryu's Lake!

I'm sure he will. We still have another four facilities to go. And once Ash's Squirtle does turn up, it will get to meet May's Squirtle. There's nothing to get worked up about.

There's something utterly wrong with the fact that an "OMG THE END OF THE SERIES IS NEAR!" prediction was made because there's a 5-4-3-2-1 at the very start of the episode now. XD

One thing bothered me about this episode. I was crossing my fingers for a co-existance of Crawdaunt and the other lake Pokémon - it's one of those themes in Pokémon that warms my heart so much. But instead there's a "Everything is better as soon as Crawdaunt is gone because he's mean!" type ending, or at least that was the impression it gave me... what gives, Pokémon? What happened to getting along despite differences? !_!

Zhen Lin said:
What Hydro Pump? That was Rapid Spin, assisted by Bubblebeam and Water Gun.

Then explain.
AG152_149.jpeg

Marshtomp caught Squirtle mid-Rapid Spin with its Water Gun. The water filled the shell, making it spray out in a Hydro Pump-esque manner when Squirtle was propelled away from the Water Gun by Corphish's Bubblebeam.

It was a pretty awesome combo attack, I thought. I'm usually not a big fan of the combo attacks, but that's because they're often just "Let's fire more than one kind of beam at the enemy!"

Unregistered said:
Maybe because he'd want to use him? Just because they're the same type doesn't mean Ash shouldn't use his Squirtle.

Besides, IMO Squirtle is much stronger than Corphish.

OK, then why shouldn't Ash train Corphish so Corphish is as strong or stronger than Squirtle?

Unregistered said:
And that's why I don't like about May's Squirtle. Just because she has a Squirtle it shouldn't "replace" Ash's much cooler and better Squirtle. They made an episode with the two Bulbasaur, why can't they do the same for the two Squirtle?

Dude. Nobody ever said May's Squirtle was a replacement for Ash's. And "much cooler and better" is your opinion. Why should the writers listen to you? And May just got her Squirtle, so it's not like Ash's will never ever show up.

Unregistered said:
I'd much rather see Ash use a few of his old Pokemon one last time, as they've done nothing but rot away at Oaks for over 150+ episodes. Why is Ash bothering to keep his old Pokemon if he's not going to use them anymore? It's a shame that they're sitting there collecting dust and Ash won't even use them anymore. He might as well release them all if he's never going to use them again.

All right. We'll have Ash use his old Pokémon and then there will only be enough time for one per episode. You know, there are only so many Battle Frontier facilities and only so many Gyms. His old Pokémon (most of them, anyway) have had their days in the sun, and now it's time for the new ones. I can guarantee that with your attitude, in a year when Ash is knee-deep in the D/P region with brand new Pokémon, you'll be whining that Corphish and Swellow and Grovyle aren't being used enough.

^ It's just that it's a waste to see good Pokemon (especially the underused ones like Muk, Kingler, etc) do absolutely nothing for what...nearly 200 episodes?

Why IS Ash keeping these Pokemon if he's not going to use them? Why are the writers still bothering to show them at Oaks and have Ash greet them but then never have Ash use them?

Sure, it's obvious it's for promotion of the new games, but if he's not going to use his old Pokemon, why bother keeping them? I want all of Ash's Pokemon to get at least one battle in this region, and it's a shame that Pokemon sit there collecting dust region after region. The writers may just as well have Ash release them as I said, as it wouldn't make a difference anymore.

When they didn't keep them at Oak's, everyone whined that Ash released too many Pokémon. They still get to do things, such as in Chronicles and the "Oak's lab" episode.

What is this, argue with the Unregistereds week?

Anyway, I always thought it was a nice parallel to the games, because honestly, who hasn't let perfectly good Pokémon rot in the PC?

btw, does that pink/lavender-haired hottie have an official name? Now that I know the red head is the real Asagi, I'm confused.
If not, then her name is now
ASANI!
Meh, original but I was braindead.

Yay, I figured out the Trivia Quiz on my own without pausing and before the answer. :D

I got the first two right (though I still need more practice with who they are; I thought "Utsubotto" and saw in my mind Weepinbell [Utsudon]... x_x).

Crystal Clair: Hisame.

At the end, they had a fill-in-the-blank shiritori (a game in which the last kana of a word makes up the first kana of the next word). Pi-ka-chu-u -> U-tsu-bo-(small tsu)-to -> To-sa-ki-n-to

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom