• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG153: Battle Dome! Fusion of Fire and Water!!

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Preview is up at TV Tokyo. It looks like the preview style has changed; there is text used throughout and the eyecatch-things of Rayquaza-tachi have been replaced by still images from the OP.

It's Satoshi's Ohsubame (Swellow) and Heigani (Corphish) vs Heath's Windie (Arcanine) and Laglarge (Swampert). We already know who wins due to the manga that was revealed a couple weeks back.

Discuss.

From TV-Tokyo:

Satoshi and his friends have finally arrived at the Battle Dome after much struggle. There, the Frontier Brain Heath was a famous superstar, and Satoshi becomes surprised when he sees his flashy battle area upstairs. Against the combination of Heath's fire-type Windy and water-type Laglarge, Satoshi has chosen Heigani and Ohsubame. However, Heath's battle calculations seem to have Satoshi in a pinch...

In front of a large audience and on tv... I hope Delia gets to see this.

FabuVinny said:
In front of a large audience and on tv... I hope Delia gets to see this.
I'm betting she watches it at Oak's place.

Yeah, Tracey, Misty, and Oak cameos would be good too. But for how the Battle Dome is set up, the writers can't ignore their existance.

I'm betting they won't show any of them. :D

I wonder if Scott will be in this episode though, he showed up for the last two Brains.

I'm sure he will. But then we were sure that Ash would use old Pokémon in all the facilities. So we'll have to wait and see.

You're probably right about the cameos, though. :rolleyes:

Though looking closer, can anyone actually see an audience in the dome?

Never knew Hiis could be so hot. Always thought he was too "girly" for me. I changed my mind, his hair color is hot!
Wow, I wish there would be a Misty cameo, but only time will tell.
*wants Hiis pics*

FabuVinny said:
But then we were sure that Ash would use old Pokémon in all the facilities.

Well, according to the episode preview made at the end of AG 152, I really don't think that Satoshi will use other pokemon then Ohsubame and Heigani and that it will be only one double battle..Maybe he will try and go with these pokemon head on at this 3rd Battle Frontier Brain fight...Who will emmerge victorious, we will definitly see.

Hmm. So the 5 second countdown remains, but then again, the segment with Oak telling us about the Dungeon of Mystery giveaway also remains.

I think this is the first episode to feature 7th movie music.

Other bits:

Tucker is included in the intro credits. For a guy dressed like that, he has a deep voice, not to mention lots of adoring fangirls.

Animation is really good in this episode.

Team Rocket does not try to steal any Pokemon, therefore do not interrupt the match. Instead, they are serving snack for the many viewers of the match ala their Hoenn League job.

There were references to Ash's participation in the Kanto, Orange, Johto and Hoenn leagues.

The movie title card music was definitely used during Satoshi's introduction. But I don't know offhand which one it is... the referee's floating pod is another reference to M7... (and recently we had a reference to M8 with Musashi's high-tech visor...)

GoldChaos said:
There were references to Ash's participation in the Kanto, Orange, Johto and Hoenn leagues.

Why did he mention it? Someone asked him?

He didn't mention it. It was shown in the video introducing Satoshi to the crowd.

Zhen Lin said:
He didn't mention it. It was shown in the video introducing Satoshi to the crowd.

Seen the pictures. They also show the whirpool cup, weired...

Zhen Lin said:
The movie title card music was definitely used during Satoshi's introduction. But I don't know offhand which one it is...

It's definately movie 7's. It's the only one that ends with a bells/strings bit. The following piece of music was also from movie 7, but not on the OST I believe.

And later, sometime in the second half of the episode, there was some of the Deoxys vs. Rayquaza music.

Comparison Screens!

BFOpeningTuckerShadowed.jpg
BFOpeningTuckerAdded.jpg

Hmmm. I wonder why they made poor Greta wait an episode before she was added to the opening while Noland and Tucker were added in their debut episodes? Lazy animators.

IndigoLeagueReference.jpg
WhirlCupReference.jpg

JohtoLeagueSilverConferenceReferenc.jpg
Image1.jpg

If the Orange League wasn't mentioned in the dialogue, it wasn't mentioned at all. The video introduction mentioned Ash's participation at the Indigo Plateau, the Whirl Cup, the Johto League Silver Conference and the Hoenn League. Strange the Orange League battle was omitted considering it was the only "league" Ash even won. Perhaps he'll "win" the Battle Frontier depending on whatever he has to do to do it.

For a show that's supposed to be an entirely different series it sure makes alot of references to events that didn't take place in the series. :p

Last edited:
FabuVinny said:
So did we get any cameos?

You mean like the two Fighting-type Gym Leaders in the last Frontier episode? Not unless you count...

howdisturbing.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom