• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG154: Startling! Frightening! Elekid!!

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Team Rocket go after Pikachu early in this episode. But when they blast off, James is seperated from Manene and an Elekid gets May's egg. Will the hatching happen this week?

The preview is in the same style as the last one, yet for some reason the music stops for a few seconds half way through.

Hmmmm quite interesting this future episode. I wonder if Casey(the cheer leader of the Electabuzz BaseBall Team) will be appearing in this episode -- where there are pokemon with black and yellow stripes, there is always Casey there(although Casey already has an Elekid)
And questioning further on, what can hatch from the pokemon egg?(i doubt it can be Eevee)

Eevee is most likely. And Casey won't be in this episode. This is just a wild Elekid.

Cool, May was narrating the preview!

Another semi-May focused episode just to annoy Pie. :p

James was narrating the preview as well, interesting.

If the egg hatches this episode will be non-filler. I really like Elekid, it would be a good capture for May, but she probably won't get it.

Last edited:
I think I will have to go first and get the preview to clarify myself on the upcoming episode...

*sees black clouds coming from behind Scott85* I gotta go now...

Scott85 said:
Another semi-May focused episode just to annoy Pie. :p

No, actually, I was going to say this sounds like an interesting episode. I like baby Pokémon a lot (hence why I can't wait for Brock to get Bonsly and such) and this seems to have a strong focus on them - Manene will have some great role in the episode, I bet, and then there's Elekid, and whatever hatches from the egg. There's a strong possibility May will have a large role, but it feels to me like it will be no larger than James' role and there will be a good focus on baby Pokémon. And at least she's not taking control of a breeding-related episode or traveling through time.

By the way, if you don't want me to complain, don't come up with comments that seem to indicate you're deliberately trying to set me off. 'Kay? Good.

NEWS FLASH

PokeAni states that Phanpy evolves in this episode.

~Zak

Well, that (evolution) certainly was faster than I expected.

Yeah. I knew Phanpy was growing up, but the writers could have built up to it more.

Doesn't Gomazou's evolution seem a little unfair? Look at how much battling it's done compared to poor old Heigani... I don't complain when Pokémon evolve, but jeez.

MistyIRC said:
Anyone think the Battle Frontier is getting rushed a bit? I mean, I don't like it either when we're deluged with 20 fillers at a time, but SOME filler is okay, really...

We got a ton of filler between Noland and Greta. That was enough IMO.

As for the BF being rushed, does it matter? I'd rather get to all the important episodes quicker, the less filler the better. Isn't it fantastic that we're getting so many GREAT episodes in a row? The writers are on a roll!

Besides, wasn't the original Kanto just like this? It was only 80 episodes long, and Ash got to Gyms with only a few episodes between them.

As for Phanpy, it HAS been a year or so when Ash was traveling in Hoenn. Phanpy isn't a baby anymore, there was the whole Hoenn region for it to grow up. It really is no surprise it evolved so soon.

My guess is Grovyle will be Ash's next evolution, simply because it's in his personality. I don't see Corphish evolving ever, the writers probably love it too much in it's current form.

Besides, wasn't the original Kanto just like this? It was only 80 episodes long, and Ash got to Gyms with only a few episodes between them.

Kanto was like that for fifteen-twenty eps... remember the huge amount of filler around, I believe, Fuschia?

Yeah, but uh...doesn't this series have enough filler as it is? :p

The Dragonair episode just before the Tucker ep was a filler episode. Granted the next episode is important because of the Ranger, the one after that is important because Brock may capture Bonsly, and the May time traveling one just sounds too exciting to be a filler.

So uh...isn't this good?

MistyIRC said:

Kanto was like that for fifteen-twenty eps... remember the huge amount of filler around, I believe, Fuschia?

Actually yes, there were about 26 between Fuschia and Cinnabar... but after "The March of the Exeggutor Squad" they kinda toned it down (I don't count 'The Problem With Paras' as one since that's the first time Charmeleon didn't obey).

But I like when they surprise us with stuff like this at the LAST minute. As in, no text from the magazines, nothing in the preview, not a word of evidence that it would happen.
The capture of Torkoal was kind of like that, except it did seem as though there was evidence towards it happening, however there has been about the exact same amount of evidence in other filler eps with wild Pokemon.
Jessie's Wurmple, however, was a perfect example. As was the evolution of Pineco into Forretress, and Snorunt into Glalie (except that episode was already a non-filler in other ways).

~Zak

Well...i say this ep should be good...but we'll have to wait and see with the info and pics given...soon...:D

i'm so going to miss Phanpy...it has a cute face...

but Donphan he's tough...and they can make him cute...if they decide to give him a CUTE FACE...lol :p

MistyIRC said:
Anyone think the Battle Frontier is getting rushed a bit? I mean, I don't like it either when we're deluged with 20 fillers at a time, but SOME filler is okay, really...

I agree. It's just poor planning to front load all the fillers at the beginning of the saga - it makes the rest of it look horribly rushed.

I mean, I know that pacing has never been the anime's strength, but cramming so many events together and making the whole saga feel unbalanced and disjointed is just ridiculous.

Ok, Donphan. You've had your fun. Now bugger off so Totodile and Cyndaquil can evolve!

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom