• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG156: Usohachi and the Ninja School!!

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
So the episode where Brock finally gets Bonsly must be about Brock... right? He is no where to be seen in the preview!

The preview is also larger than usual...

But is that Forretress? As in Brock's Forretress?

And a there is also a Kecleon who can make its stripes invisible.

Brock is nursing the Bonsly in the preview. And at the end it looks like he's battling it with Foretress.

You have NO IDEA how tense I am about this.

This has to have Brock getting Bonsly, just because of how long they've been teasing us with hints to it happening... but they've screwed us over on similar things before. Nothing can be assumed from the summary, given its vagueness and the lack of a translation... but there's still no mention of Brock in there anywhere, not even in the main cast list for the series, which lists everyone including Pikachu, Max, and Meowth. The preview is vague, and it wouldn't be the first time that an episode with a good amount of Brock didn't show much of him in the preview at all... but at the same time, added up with the summary...

DANGIT, WRITERS, STOP SCREWING WITH THE HEADS OF THE BROCK FANS!

*deep breaths*

I take no responsibility to how explosive my reaction will be, whether positive or negative depending on how the episode turns out.

FabuVinny said:
So the episode where Brock finally gets Bonsly must be about Brock... right? He is no where to be seen in the preview!

Perhaps the preview's deceiving? In the Elekid episode's preview we saw glimspe of Phanpy, without the slightest inclination it was going to evolve.

Anywho, I haven't seen the preview yet, but hopefully we do get some more of Brock and he does capture Bonsly.

But the evolution wasn't the focuss of the episode, and it was a surprise. But we've known that Brock will get Bonsly for half a year now.

FabuVinny said:

Eh were you watching the preview with your eyes closed or something? :p

Brock is shown in the preview standing right behind his Foretress. As I said above, the guy nursing the Bonsly looks like Brock in those ninja clothes as well.

Okay. I've calmed down now. Watched the preview over and over (it is better to see rather than go by what others have seen, after all), and the Brock nursing Bonsly clip is enough to calm my fears. They've been tempting us too long, and this is too close. This must be it. It just friggin' has to be.

Which will make me all the more rabid if I have been mislead, but that's a paranoid sidenote.

Anyway.

Shiftry! And Ariados! And Ninjask! And of course Forretress and Bonsly! Ninjas = awesome Pokémon. *grin* And I love the outfits. Brock looks good with a headband.

And the nursing Bonsly thing is just too cute. *melt*

Yeah, I suppose Tangela and Kecleon are pretty good too.

But Shiftry and Ariados and Bonsly are all way up on the Pokémon-beloved-by-Pie list, and Ninjask and Forretress are certainly pretty high as well. <3

Although we shafted out of a lout of things and this is a filler, it's a well animated one. Still "WHY COULDN'T WE GET JANINE?"

As for the center of the episode, Bonsly is annoying. I haven't we already had the crybaby thing?

It's an integral part of Bonsly's nature to be a crybaby, though, isn't it? Besides, I think Bonsly's crying is much cuter than Torkoal or Squirtle's crying. =P

As I said in the other thread about the news of the revealed title for this episode, I hope Brock gets it.I also already wrote the following spoiler(I'm not sure if it really is a spoiler ... it's a rather minor detail from the 8th movie. But maybe it spoils people's view on this episode before they have seen it.) in my old post in the other thread:
Brock was nice to Usohachi in the 8th movie, giving it some food after it tried to steal some and was chased away by someone else (I don't remember who it was)

I also think that Usohachi is cute while Haruka's Zenigame wasn't (and isn't).

Yeah, Pokeani said Brock got Bonsly.

But that was obvious anyway, so it's not exactly shocking news.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom