• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG156: Usohachi and the Ninja School!!

This episode was great. Jessie talking about being a ninja and throwing a starmie was funny. Besides its voice I liked every aspect of it. Also its about time Brock recieved a baby pokemon. he has been talking about breeding but, never really did anything besides the little vulpix thing. I hope that Bonsly controls him or stops him from doing the whole lovey dovey thing. Much like how Togepi restrained Misty from being mad all the time but, in this case its a good thing the baby is holding back the character. Anyway awesome episode.

I don't think that Bonsly's necessarily going to supress Brock's character, so much as bring out the nuturing part we rarely see. And given both that and Bonsly being a fourth-generation Pokémon, Brock should be pulled out of the background that the writers have otherwise loved to stick him in.

Bonsly's definitely going to be good for Brock's character. And I bet everyone who's whining about Bonsly's voice are going to get used to it faster than it took 'em to get used to Meowth's Japanese voice. XD

I like Meowth's Japanese voice a lot too. But for myself (and I'm pretty sure a good number of other people), it was difficult to appreciate it without hearing it for a while. XD

It helps in a way that Maddie Blaustein took the squaking and screeching from the Japanese Meowth.

But daaamn is it ever a shock the first time you hear it. :p

I had it worse than most. The first I heard of Meowth's Japanese voice was when I downloaded Polka o Dolka, and Meowth sounds even more Meowth-ish in that than anything else, I think.

Yeah Meowth's Japanese voice really does take some getting used too XD First time I heard it I think it took me back a bit, but now I'm used to it I really like it, I like Meowth's dub voice too :3 Both suit the character wonderfully~! I think I tend to favor the English voice though since I've been watching the dub longer than I've been watching the Japanese version XD

Archaic and others who didn't like this episode: Fark you.

Doctor Oak said:
FishFace.jpg

I smell classic.

AAAANNND there was a Slayers reference. Musashi called herself a tensai bishoujo ninja (tensai = genius). In Slayers, Lina always called herself a tensai bishoujo madoushi (madoushi = sorceress). Yes, they are both voiced by Megumi Hayashibara.

Eeeheehee, that's great! I didn't catch that, probably because I've never seen Slayers.

Yeah, for whatever reason, Archaic seems to have his opinion shared by about three other people total - namely the other ones lined up to record for the BulbaCast this week, one big reason why it had to be postponed. Can you believe that?! I dunno if it'll make it in, but there was one point where I was just like, "You guys stink."

This is seriously going into my list of favorite episodes, if not topping it. And Bonsly's ranking way up with my favorite Pokémon And I still don't see what they see that's so awful about the episode, save a few points of wince-worthy CGI.

Indeed Argy is right about the voice of Lina Inverse and Musashi(I though there was something familiar when I heard Linas' voice in the first episode of Slayers i saw).
Back to the subject: well, for this episode I just have NO COMMENT at all--it was just sweet and funny too, especially now that Brock has to take care of a baby pokemon(I think it is his first baby-stage pokemon)--i hope that the writers will put from now on more accent on Brocks' Bonsly and try to attract the publics' attention with the other characters aswell.

Bonsly's crying was really annoying, except at the beginning of the battle where he used it as a distraction.

And am I the only one fanboying over Koroku? <3~

I'm guessing it it that guy in JKaizer's Avatar.

What freaked me out is Forretress and Tangela using straws to breath through their nonexistant mouths.

JKaizer said:
Bonsly's crying was really annoying, except at the beginning of the battle where he used it as a distraction.

I loved that. I seriously hope that Brock gets to use it more - Bonsly looks like it'll actually be able to handle itself in battle.

Which is certainly more than Togepi, Gonbe or Manene have managed so far.

Munchlax? Um, Munchlax has done some pretty good battling since May caught it back in Hoenn.

Manene doesn't strike me as a fighter, just like Chimecho didn't.

Plus, it's going to be in that contest...

But Bonsly already has the potential to do so much more.

But this is Brock we're talking about, the guy barely ever battles. The writers aren't going to suddenly turn him into a battle machine when he's done next to nothing in the entirety of AG.

But I do agree that we'll see Bonsly a lot because the little bugger will probably pop out of it's Pokeball like Psyduck, Wobbufett, and Skitty did.

Bonsly is made for battling. We can't tell what will happen with Brock in 2006...

(a) Bonsly will be in battle more bringing Brock out of the background
(b) The writers will keep Brock as he is and completely forget Bonsly's personality in ths episode.

The most likely of the two is (a) but, knowing the writers, I am a little worried about the possibility of (b).

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom