• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG157: Haruka Travels Through Time!!

I actually think I will cry if there is indeed to be an addition to Eevee's line in D/P.

I understand people calling for a Leaf Stone evolution in G/S and R/S because of Espeon and Umbreon but 2 Generations on, we don't need to revive the flogging of poor Eevee.

If anything - Eevee's inclusion is a nod to Genius Sonority's 3D games where it and it's evolutions have been starting Pokemon. Just as Bulbasaur was a nod to Fr/Lg when it came around.

Doctor Oak said:
If anything - Eevee's inclusion is a nod to Genius Sonority's 3D games where it and it's evolutions have been starting Pokemon. Just as Bulbasaur was a nod to Fr/Lg when it came around.
That's what I considering: Bulbasaur and Squirtle covered the Fr/Lg games, now little Eevee here is going to take up the Pokemon XD reigns.

Pray that it doesn't go much further than that!

If they really wanted to advertise XD, don't you think some of those characters would have been introduced in the anime? Like Mirror B., Mike, Wes, and Cipher?

How is anyone watching the show going to make the connection between May getting an Eevee and the Eevee you start with in XD? Eevee just seems like another FR/LG promotion Pokemon to me.

Scott85 said:
If they really wanted to advertise XD, don't you think some of those characters would have been introduced in the anime? Like Mirror B., Mike, Wes, and Cipher?

How is anyone watching the show going to make the connection between May getting an Eevee and the Eevee you start with in XD? Eevee just seems like another FR/LG promotion Pokemon to me.
No? Sure, they did it with Pokemon Ranger, but Fr/Lg was handled with simply a Pokemon (or two), no necessary extra characters needed. Dungeon has its bit in the opening. So I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Eevee is here because of XD.

But it IS a stretch to think of it as just another Fr/Lg promo. Those games are caput as far as the land of the the rising sun is concerned. XD at least makes some sense given the time frame. Now, if down the line, May's Eevee turns into a shining new D/P Pokemon, we can turn our attention elsewhere, but for now it's sensible to assume that Eevee was spawned thanks to XD just the manner Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Munchlax were.

Technically Fr/Lg got an entire ep devoted to them.

'Journey to the starting line' in Chronicles aired in Japan around the time of their release and for obvious reasons has close ties to the games.

Eevee is too random a Pokemon to have not at least been inspired by the Orre games. In which case, whilst not an all-out advertisement for XD, it IS a nod to both it and Colosseum.

?

I think that they are gonna use evee as an introduction to a grass type evolution.

I think that they're trying to use evee as either a new d/p evo or for may to get an espeon the group has never had a psychic or ghost with the acception of ash leaving haunter.

All right, all things considered (May still shouldn't be traveling through time, and the method just plain confused me - necklace? Huh?) this was a nice episode. Not particularly interesting, but heartwarming. Made me wanna make some hot cocoa and cuddle with my kitty on the couch.

The one thing that really stopped this from being a great episode, possibly great enough to justify May's time traveling, was that the main plot, the whole fixing the scenario thing, unfolded too quickly. Maybe if they focused a little less on the setup and more on the execution? Meh, I guess there's not that much that could be done about it without extending the episode's length.

They used the worse animators for this one, didn't they? It wasn't too bad, since this one was a very action-light episode, but it was very noticable in the intro segment. Brock looked up to see Joy twice, the Bonsly tackle was done in a lazy manner, unlike the episode before, Brock's falling backwards was a bit awkward... I winced at least once watching that first part. Even though Brock's expression was priceless.

Cheesey as it is that May's getting one, Eevee is adorable. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing her carry Eevee around in her arms and do everything with it rather than Squirtle... but that may be wishful thinking. Heck, they might just find a way for her to carry both around and have them out 99.9% of the episode...

No, she had Eevee in her arms. And Squirtle beside her.

Bonsly, however, was put back in it's Pokéball by the end, so we can assume it won't spend all its time in Brock's arms. Which is both good and bad in ways.

When Joy first appeared, Brock greeted her in the same way the others did, so I thought for a second that Bonsly was actually going to hold him back. But a few seconds later he did his usual reaction thing (which was quite funny BTW) so I guess he simply had to put Bonsly down first. :p Then of course Bonsly got jealous and attacked him...I wonder if that'll take the place of Max dragging him away by the ear? I hope not. It was funny, but the ear thing is a tradition.

The ear pulling was old when Misty was doing it. Then thanks to her, Max started copying her. Before Misty came back for the Mirage Kingdom episodes, Max used to stand on the side and let Brock flirt. Once Max saw Misty pull Brock by the ear, he copied her.

Thanks a lot Misty, your one horrible trait from Johto has continued with Max. Disgusting.

I actually fond this episode pretty slow, (The Brock scene at the beginning was the best part to me.) even the egg's hatching didn't seem
that eventful to me. The interaction between May and Meowth was pretty bland. Which is odd, because usually Meowth+One of the heroes episodes are among the most comedic in the series. I'd have to say, this is a pretty average episode. Certainly not one of the great character centric eps, and if not for the egg, this would be pure filler.

... The unregistered one reminds me of Dogasu. xDD -giggle-
Dogasu's twin clone cousin's brunkle! o.o

Sounds like a boring episode. Aw. Too bad. Too sad.

I note from SPP that May getting Eevee is now confirmed. Sorry if this is a repeat post in any way - I haven't seen a confirmation anywhere else on this thread.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom