• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG159: Who Single-Handedly Has the Victory!? Pokémon Orienteering!

I enjoyed this one...this episode had a game show feel to it (even down to Joy's Price is Right-style food reveal). Masato Pole Vaulting over the river is another example of this feeling (think Takeshi's Castle here). There are many other examples, but I can't think of any others atm.

Limerick said:
Yes, the prize was a medal with the winners picture in the center. The ending was amusing overall. The ep may not be the greatest, but it had some good comedy.

Ep Pics: (180 pics, 320x240)
http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VF4W3A5Q4KMS3UP76V3OWV85H

I'd upload them, but the FTP seems dead, so enjoy!

Don't forget about that mountain of food & fruit, which I believe James decided to share with everyone, despite Meowth and Jessie's shock (haha, that was priceless).

This episode looks fun. Gonbe making Max his lil' puppet and "Jessie & meowth" bonding(?) look pleasing. I like random episodes like this:)loopy: Random contests eveywhere).

oh &...

JAMES BEAT THE SMART KIDS!!:yahoo:

(write more when I see it)

Jessie and Meowth helped James by catching the others in various pitfalls, but James didn't know this was happening.

Good episode. Needless to say, seeing Kojirou actually win the contest was beyond awesome, and Musashi and Nyasu's antics were hilarious. Especially Nyasu's Kojirou wig. XD

I found this to be one of the most original episodes in ages. I really enjoyed it!

This proves that James is not a bad guy but his rather dragged along by Jessie and Meowth. I'm sorry but I would have told both of them to hit the road long ago. I still think James would have a brighter future outside of Team Rocket.

It's hard to think of a filler ep that made me laugh as much as this one. Battle Frontier continues to get better and better.

Also - I wonder if this could be considered the Pokemon Dash adaption. Seems fitting enough and would explain the one-Pokemon rule and why the Pokemon HAD to trek themselves rather than be carried as Pikachu, Manene and Usohachi would have been in other circumstances.

Wow. Although I sometimes thought about how strange it was for Ash-tachi to just stand there during TR's motto, but this just showed me just what I wanted to know. 1. The backgrounds and music are just for the viewers, and 2. dang, TR must look absolutely silly to them, just standing there yelling and posing for 20 seconds. That was hilarious!

This episode was fun. It had a nice piece of music from the first season, James won, and Eevee was just so gosh-darn friggin' cute, not to mention the above scene.

Maemuki Roketto Dan was awesome in this ep. ^^ Pure Win.

Last edited:
I'm happy. James finally won something^^ He deserved this.
If he plays fair he will win again. I'm sure.

This episode was really good. I hadn't expected much out of this episode and was pleasantly surprized. James and Manene were, great in this episode and them winning was just perfect, finally something to make up for the whole Pokéringer mess. Bonsly abusing Brock was pretty funny also.

By the way, anyone know for certain when Dustox last appeared?

I know it was a LONG while between this and it's previous appearence - makes me wonder if they somehow forgot about it following it's similar disappearence from the Battle Frontier intro until Mysterious Dungeon.

poop

Just wanted to say that this episode really did make me laugh again and again. :D Lots of great TR scenes, Brock scenes, ailingly cute scenes, and all that jazz.

Kasumi-san said:
I think the last time it appeared was in the giant butterfree episode, one of the first Battle Frontier episodes, by the way.

Kasumi-san is correct. AG142 - Evolution! That Mystery and Wonder!! was the last time Dokukeiru made an appearance. That tells me it has really become a minor pokemon in the Rocket Gang's roster.

It's ALWAYS been a minor Pokemon in their team. It's only really used for Contests and that's about it.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom