• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG161: Juptile VS Tropius! Grassland Duel!!

Yep. And people thought Tetsuya has pretty much shown the world that Grovyle wouldn't evolve... now lets see Corphish prove everyone wrong about Team Aqua.

This saga has been throwing unexpected evolutions on us like mad.

Corphish is the only one left to evolve, though I'm still not sure if Ash will get a part-dark Pokémon. I think Combusken is more likely to be next now.

Hey guys! Just now got the confirmed news: Ash's Grovyle evolves into Sceptile eventually. But he stops being able to use attacks (including Leaf Blade & Bullet Seed). According to Nurse Joy, it's probably due to the mental damage and influence of his failure in love and also the evolution.

PS: You can't imagine that Manene uses attack move in this episode! Guess What it is??? It 's Flamethrower!!! But probably it's just using Mimic...

PPK said:
. But he stops being able to use attacks (including Leaf Blade & Bullet Seed). According to Nurse Joy, it's probably due to the mental damage and influence of his failure in love and also the evolution.

No I caan't believe they've done that after groovyle worked so hard to learn bullet seed and leaf blade is like his signiture move now, if that's true I think they've lost it doin that what next a swellow that can't fly? or corphish that can't crab hammer or bubblebeam? they make the moves fun why take it away...:dumb:

Don't worry. Sceptile will have an episode to learn them again after the next contest episode.

The curse of the quirky final evo continues...I feel sad for Scep, though. Does anyone have a pic of him with his twig and everything? Does he even still have his twig?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kasumi-san said:
Sceptile forgetting how to perform the attacks he learned in the past is the most stupid thing ever.

They probably did that specifically for the purpose of having an episode for it to relearn them.

But what's this about "failure in love"?

Meganium probably rejected him and now poor Sceptile's feelings are hurt.

Manane using flamethrower is actually the next episode, where Jessie is using it as her Contest Pokemon.

Anyway, about the rejection, it seems that Meganium and Tropius actually has feelings for each other.

GoldChaos said:
Anyway, about the rejection, it seems that Meganium and Tropius actually has feelings for each other.

yeah, that's right.

Kasumi-san said:
Great. Another rejected Pokémon added to the list: Totodile, Marshtomp and now Sceptile. :/
If it had worked out, Sceptile would be joining Primepe and Pidgeot instead. It's better this way.

OH... btw, Manene's voice has changed, due to the absence of Ootani.

But Pikachu's seems to remain the same. They may have used the voice clips from previous episodes.

And don't forget Meowth's loves as well. And Wobbuffet didn't get rejected by Kirlia, but he got blasted off from her.

Sceptile looks badass still, even with no attacks!

And it looks like we can add Nurse Joy to the list of crazy drivers...

Well, there could be an update on Nurse Joys' BIO related to her pokemon (i haven't seen her having a Meganiun till now)...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom