• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG162: Pokémon Contest! Yuzuriha Convention!!

It said, "Dear Haruka" I think. Wakana wrote the letter and sent it to May, but she forgot to sign her name at the end.

It said "Dear Haruka". Wakana meant all along to send May the letter, but she forgot to sign her name. She sent the rose with the letter because she wanted to emulate Drew. That's where the mixup came from. Bit of a stupid plot device, really - how thick do you have to be to send a letter to a total stranger and not sign it?

edit: darn, too slow. :p Well, in answer to your second question, nobody seems to know. I think Wakana wanted to challenge May, or just wanted to meet her, but I'm not sure why. She didn't seem to know that May was a friend of Drew's at first, which would have been the obvious reason.

Then again, the Hoenn Grand Festival was televised, so it's possible Wakana just came to hear about May and wanted to meet a talented co-ordinator. Wakana does rather give off the groupie vibe. :p

Last edited:
I think I'll wait for these episodes to be dubbed before I try to understand the letter...
Pie said:
Who will Drew cheer for? ;-)
He seemed to be silently supporting May.

Why was Combusken glowing? Blaze?

FabuVinny said:
I think I'll wait for these episodes to be dubbed before I try to understand the letter...

Just get this. Wakana wanted to meet May in person at first at that Harley contest ep. But since she lost to Harley, Wakana didn't want to talk face to face with May. Thinking that May would've been a little too depressed. So Wakana sent the letter.

FabuVinny said:
He seemed to be silently supporting May.

Well, he was making comments in the crowd. Saying that she should've used Gonbe because the Solarbeam worked out pretty good with no charging and kind of critisized her about not using Gonbe for the second round after just seeing what Solarbeam could do. And then Brock replied saying "Shuu you're pretty harsh on Haruka." :ksmile: <--- With that kind of face.

FabuVinny said:
Why was Combusken glowing? Blaze?

It learned a new attack. Mega Kick. Shuu commented that when a Pokemon and a human become one a new attack is born.

All those translations were by Sushi, not me. Sushi. ;-)

:cheers:

Last edited:
I was basing that on the facial expressions during the actual battle since he can support both of them during the appeals.

Well now you have what's really going on ( translated by the talented Sushi of course ) instead of *thinking* what they're doing and saying based on what their doing. :kawaii:

She said now you know for sure what the dialouge was as it was translated by someone who can understand Japanese.

Shuu commented that when a Pokemon and a human become one a new attack is born.

Shuu makes some interesting proverbs, I can't see Drew saying the same thing. Ah, how a character changes when they go from speaking Japanese to english. It ain't just the name changes folks.

Are you kidding? Cheesey proverbs like that and "ConShuucious" can stay in Japan Land.

"ConShuucious say... who the hell am I kidding, I was only in this episode for the silly love triangle and the swimsuit scene."

Sorry for the double-post. Regarding why Wakana wanted to meet May - according to the translation I read recently, Wakana had watched a number of contests and reached the conclusion that May was the girl Drew respected the most. Wakana wanted to some day become a trainer that Drew would respect just as much/more. So she decided to meet her main 'rival'. Here's the dialogue (translated by Sushi):

WAKANA: Haruka-san, I challenge you!

*Haruka reacts.*

WAKANA: Haruka-san, you are my target!

HARUKA: Your... target?

WAKANA: Yes. I've watched several tournaments, and have come to the conclusion that you are the girl Shuu-sama respects most!

HARUKA: Huh? What's that?

WAKANA: Although I'm still a newbie who doesn't have any ribbons yet, I want to be a Co-Ordinator that Shuu-sama respects just as much someday. And the best way to achieve this is to beat you!

Last edited:
No, she just stares at Wakana with her mouth open for a long time. The first time she blushes, I think, is backstage when Wakana asks her if she likes Drew.

*checks episode*

Oh, it's this scene...
ofofoz.jpg

I just remembered how Wakana goes "Haruka-san" during the first blushing scene.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom