• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG162: Pokémon Contest! Yuzuriha Convention!!

One thing though. On bulbapedia it states that Wakana owns a surskit whats up with that? In the preview it showed she owned the vibrava and Hoothoot.

Someone must have screwed up then, unless there's some text that mentions Wakana owning a Suskrit elsewhere.

Although it would be hilarious if she owned a Suskrit too. Wakana owning both a Suskrit and Vibrava while Drew owns a Masquerain and a Flygon?

You don't know how big my smile would grow across my face if that happened. :D

That would be fantastic. A character appearing in the show who seems to genuinely believe that owning the same Pokemon as her crush will improve her chances with him, only for it to have no effect whatsoever? Yes, plz. XD

Last edited:
^ Wakana is really timid around Drew. :x

May won her 3rd ribbon. (Although that was pretty obvious anyway)

Why is there not more info up about this ep by now? 'Cause it sounds BRILLYANT. Wakana's all *jealous* and May's all *blush* and Drew's all *swimsuit* and I must have episode pictures, by God!

My brief review, based on what I know so far: hurrah for love-triangles! Hurrah for Contestshipping! HURRAH FOR FANSERVICE!

Last edited:
Hah! I knew there'd be Contestshipping. I can't wait to see the episode. Hee.

One blush isn't SO MUCH Contestshipping. :p

This episode is more heavy Wakana/Drew at any rate.

It wasn't just one blush. It was at least two. And one of them was in response to Wakana asking her what her relationship with Drew was. And apparently at one point, Drew blushes, too (fecking cute!!).

Wasn't the second blush because Wakana fainted in May's arms when Drew walked by?

Drew said something like, "2 more ribbons to go!" and then Wakana fainted and kinda fell backward into May's arms, and she blushes for some reason.

I think the second blush had more to do with Wakana fainting over Drew, considering that May blushing over Drew saying "2 more ribbons to go!" sounds kinda...odd.

I'll give you the first blush though. :p

Scott85 said:
Someone must have screwed up then, unless there's some text that mentions Wakana owning a Suskrit elsewhere.

Although it would be hilarious if she owned a Suskrit too. Wakana owning both a Suskrit and Vibrava while Drew owns a Masquerain and a Flygon?

You don't know how big my smile would grow across my face if that happened. :D

Screwed up...? :-(
I'm sure I haven't, Scott.
On Pokeani's website there IS a surskit in the Pokemon list.......

Anyway, congratulations to May. Now she's got three Kanto Ribbons.
Oh, and congrats to Combusken too... It learns Mega Kick...um...another powerful move...cool.

As to Jame's Manene. It is surprising that it already knows three moves: Tickle, Teeter Dance and Mimic. Just cute.

Just to make sure, Teeter dance is the move that causes the opponent to become confused?

And Tickle seems so appropriate for Manene; Clowns make people laugh, Tickle..(obvious). Hurray for clown midget!

Is Drew really in a swimsuit??.....*squee*

Myss Hydra not logged said:
Just to make sure, Teeter dance is the move that causes the opponent to become confused?

And Tickle seems so appropriate for Manene; Clowns make people laugh, Tickle..(obvious). Hurray for clown midget!

Is Drew really in a swimsuit??.....*squee*

Um...Teeter Dance confuses all Pokémon on the scene, no matter user or opponent.

Well the episode already aired and the next episode preview is up. That means we should get a lot of information soon. And uh... Scott85 no offense but you seem kind of in denial right now. ( information by Pitchi ) The second blush that May had was after Drew said "You got 2 more ribbons to go" or something like that. Then she blushed.

Drew appeared and went over to Ash's Sceptile looking at it then May asked about the letter and he said he didnt send it. Then we see May training with Combusken and Munchlax. Then we meet Wakana and the letter is explained. May and Wakana see drew laying down on a chair with his Roselia in the next one over and Wakana blushes and freaks out. Then they talk and the contest begins.
Also what exactly was with May's appeal. What was the point of the solar beam? She used solar beam then metronome and Munchlax fell asleep with metronome and then May threw a pokeblock in the air to awaken him he leaped high in the air for it and then did a focus punch to the ground. Jessie had Manene use teeter dance for appeal. Wakana had Surskit do something not quite sure what though.
May faced Manene Jessie almost could've won. Its just Manene's mimiced fire spin was being used for along time and Combusken ran out and used sky uppercut on Manene and James freaked out. Combusken then faced a Skarmory and beat it. Combusken and vicrava battle was good. I believe vibrava had used sandstorm and that made Combusken immobile but then its head feathers glowed light blue and it used mega kick to free itself. Also Combusken used quick attack in the Manene and Vibrava battle. May eventually took vibrava out with mega kick.
In the end May and Wakana were hanging out with each other and drew walked by to say good bye and Wakana fainted and May blushed. There was also this cute scene with Jessie and Manene laying down by the beach looking up at the moon with James and Meowth watching a little bit a way.

AG80.jpg

So what was the deal with the letter then?

Wakana sent her the letter, don't know why.

May is teasing Drew about having a girl who likes him in that scene, as Wakana is standing right there blushing over him.

What I think is so sweet about this episode is how caring Jesse appeared to be over manene sort of reminds me about when she met up with the blissey she went to school with. And manene actually looks like it likes her so sweet:awww: would be cool if they gave team rocket something proper to do.

Can someone tell me how in the world Scep got his twig back? Did he just pick up his old one from the previous ep or what?

Kasumi-san said:
Wha? There was a rose in the letter May received. If that wasn't Drew then who was it? James? :p
I like you thought it was Drew. It was a letter to Drew from a fangirl that accedetally got to May.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom