• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG163: Jukain! Dawn of Revival!!

GoldChaos

Reaction score
Well, the preview's up at TV Tokyo.

The gang arrived on the island where the Battle Palace is, Spectile seems to run off, Eevee's using ShadowBall, and even Spenser appears as well with a Venusaur.

Did they have to bring Venusaur into the picture again already? I couldn't tell you if they plan to use it in the following battle or not, but I'd be sorely miffed if they did.

What do you expect? It faced a Meganium and a Tropius, all that's left is a Venusaur and we'll have all three Grass starters. (Except Tropius, of course, but that one's enough of a Grass type symbol to be up there with those three).

~Zak

It wouldn't be so bad if May didn't just battle a Venusaur in a Contest not too long ago.

I know, I know... Maybe because I was half expecting them to hand over Spenser's game team like they did with Tucker and Lucy. Greta seemed out of place with Hariyama and Medicham, and Spenser looks to be the same with Venusaur.

But I'll give credit for having him ride on top of it. Very cool.

Roses Ablaze said:
Why does May's eevee know shadow ball? >_<

Because Eevee's movepool is so ridiculously boring that the writers wanted it to have a decent attack.

Otherwise all we'd see is crap like Tackle, Quick Attack and Headbutt. :/

Mind you, we're not yet sure how it gets Shadow Ball, but it could very well fall into the same instance as Petal Dance and Ice Beam.

Maybe combusken might evolve soon, and why are they letting may have all the interesting moves hope sceptile learns his moves back or even better learn a unique move in this episode.

It looks like it will be learning its moves again in time to battle Spenser in the next episode. Looks like it will be to save Ash and Pikachu as well. :rolleyes:

So this is basically a training episode right?

All of Ash's Pokemon are out, so I'm guessing he's training them too. Of course Sceptile is the most important as he needs his moveset back.

May is training Eevee to use Shadow Ball...and Brock...will probably be standing in the backround doing absolutely nothing as usual. Besides sticking a bottle into Bonsly of course.

Nice to see Spenser get two episodes. Other than Noland, he's the only other Brain to appear before the match.

So why are Haruka's Pokémon learning all these TM attacks? You know, Zenigame with Ice Beam, Eievui with Shadow Ball, Gonbe with Solarbeam, Eneco with Blizzard, etc.

Argy said:
So why are Haruka's Pokémon learning all these TM attacks? You know, Zenigame with Ice Beam, Eievui with Shadow Ball, Gonbe with Solarbeam, Eneco with Blizzard, etc.

What I wanna know as well is how do tm's work in the anime. Plus I would love to see masume come back soon and have a sceptile on sceptile battle with ash cos he seems like ash's only rival at the moment plus the're so evenly matched. And i'm still waiting for ash to take revenge on ritchie by wiping the floor with his copies of ash's team.

TM's are taught to Pokémon with a lot of training. Not that we usually see it when it is May's Pokémon that get them. :rolleyes:

The Sceptile belonged to Tesuya. Masamune has a Swampert.

FabuVinny said:
TM's are taught to Pokémon with a lot of training. Not that we usually see it when it is May's Pokémon that get them. :rolleyes:

The Sceptile belonged to Tesuya. Masamune has a Swampert.

I thought it was tetsuya:dumb: but a sceptile swampert battle still sounds damn good.

The only way I'll ever forgive them for using such a horribly clichéd plot device is if it makes Ash remember Cyndaquil and bring him back for the next episode.

ZoraJolteon said:
The only way I'll ever forgive them for using such a horribly clichéd plot device is if it makes Ash remember Cyndaquil and bring him back for the next episode.

I always wanted them to bring cyndaquil back mostly cos it was a baby when ash got it so never got too close to it a bit like phanpy plus I want ash to have a typhlosion and his first ultimate water type in feraligatr.:spin:

For some reason I don't really see Ash getting a Typhlosion or a Feraligatr, yet I can see him getting a Quilava and a Croconaw. I don't know if Totodile would be the same if it evolved, though...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom