• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG163: Jukain! Dawn of Revival!!

FabuVinny said:
For some reason I don't really see Ash getting a Typhlosion or a Feraligatr, yet I can see him getting a Quilava and a Croconaw. I don't know if Totodile would be the same if it evolved, though...

But I really want him to have a full set of ultimates or maybe lapras will come back and they will have an evolve form for it that needs some kind of stone (that's really cool)

ZoraJolteon said:
Wait and see...

Exactly I think it might in the next batch plus swello's supposed to be a stronger version of the pidgey line so the final evolution should be as huge as pidgeot and swellow's only half the size so i'm looking forward to something spectacular.

If anything should evolve into something from the next set, it should be Torkoal.

That's a rather poor judgment to go by. You think Chansey needed an evolution? What about Scyther?

It's up in the air.

ZoraJolteon said:
Torkoal has a base stat total of 470. Swellow has 430. Swellow needs the improvement more.

Oosubame has won more than 1 battle. Coatoise hasn't. Coatoise needs the improvement.

Swellow is NOT going to get an evolution.

When D/P comes along they'll just have a brand new 'early capture' bird Pokemon in its place - just as they have done since G/S when Hoot-hoot replaced the Pidgey line and when Swellow's line replaced Hoot-hoot's in R/S.

Ash ALWAYS catches these Pokemon and more than likely always will. When D/Pland comes along, Ash'll just catch a replacement for Swellow - there will be no evolving.

I would agree with Cyndaquil being brought back to evolve though. However, even though Ash has an open spot on his team for a fire type, i'd say it being one of his old captures is unlikely if he's ever to fill it. Chances are he'd either catch a new Pokemon from the current 386 or will pick up one of the new D/P Pokemon from the next set to be revealed.

Doctor Oak said:
Swellow is NOT going to get an evolution.

When D/P comes along they'll just have a brand new 'early capture' bird Pokemon in its place - just as they have done since G/S when Hoot-hoot replaced the Pidgey line and when Swellow's line replaced Hoot-hoot's in R/S.

Ash ALWAYS catches these Pokemon and more than likely always will. When D/Pland comes along, Ash'll just catch a replacement for Swellow - there will be no evolving.

I would agree with Cyndaquil being brought back to evolve though. However, even though Ash has an open spot on his team for a fire type, i'd say it being one of his old captures is unlikely if he's ever to fill it. Chances are he'd either catch a new Pokemon from the current 386 or will pick up one of the new D/P Pokemon from the next set to be revealed.

This is what I don't get though 1) why is ash always switching pokemon that he's trained really long and hard with for a completely new team (apart from pikachu that is) so therefore it's no surprise that he's not gonna win anything any time soon and if the make him swap swellow for 'a replacement' I would be upset cos swellow can (unlike his pidgeot or noctowl) endure electrical attaks and swim. And I would be just as upset if he did that with sceptile or corphish simply cos corphish, sceptile and swellow have really learned how to battle together and they're key to his team. Also they are really funny when they have their moments like when snorunt was trying to learn ice beam n kept freezing ash and how swellow kept crashing into the tree when it was learning aerial ace n treeko with bullet seed and corphish hitting ash on the head when he was learning crab hammer and. And mainly their journey together have been really touching n funny to just replace so soon.

The point of the anime is to sell and market the new Pokemon from every generation of games. Whether Ash wins or loses at the end of that series is irrelevant so long as along the way he's encountered and/or caught every new Pokemon to make the kiddies buy the games and merch.

That's why he keeps 'starting afresh' and why he will continue to do so.

Doctor Oak said:
The point of the anime is to sell and market the new Pokemon from every generation of games. Whether Ash wins or loses at the end of that series is irrelevant so long as along the way he's encountered and/or caught every new Pokemon to make the kiddies buy the games and merch.

That's why he keeps 'starting afresh' and why he will continue to do so.

But why are you so adamant that swellow is definately not going to get another evolution?. They added another for oddish,poliwag,scyther,onyx,chansey and evee in the jhoto saga taking over fron indigo so why is it set in stone?.

Maybe its because Swellow is one of those 'begining of the game' pokémon that are never really acknowledged?
Suggesting that Swellow could evolve is like saying Noctowl, Raticate or Linoone could have gain evolutions.

It's interesting how these latest episodes have fit together:

AG161: May gets the letter.
AG162: May ponders the letter while Govyle evolves and loses attacks.
AG163: Ash wonders what to do about Sceptile while May competes in the contest.
AG164: Sceptile gets its moves back while Ash meets Spenser.
AG165: Ash battles Spenser.

Yep, it seems like this was a planned arc of sorts for awhile. In any case, it's nice to see they keep alternating between Ash and May spotlight.

FabuVinny said:
It's interesting how these latest episodes have fit together:

AG161: May gets the letter.
AG162: May ponders the letter while Govyle evolves and loses attacks.
AG163: Ash wonders what to do about Sceptile while May competes in the contest.
AG164: Sceptile gets its moves back while Ash meets Spenser.
AG165: Ash battles Spenser.
yeah the writers showing constistency and being able to string a series of episodes together other than a league or contests. Good job writers they should do it more often. Anyway cant wait to see if Sceptile learns new moves and how Eevee learns shadow ball.

^ Yep, and May training Eevee to use Shadow Ball is obviously leading up to the next Contest, where May will most likely use it.

So many important episodes in a row, and they're all great episodes too. I hope the next string of episodes after Spenser are as good as these have been.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom