• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG163: Jukain! Dawn of Revival!!

The anime should do this all of the time. There's just nothing bad to it (other than the speedy amount of time it covers).

Yeah, having running subplots over the course of several episodes is great.

V Faction said:
The anime should do this all of the time. There's just nothing bad to it (other than the speedy amount of time it covers).

With the impending D/P release, the anime has a huge amount of events to cover in a relatively short time, which is why they're doing this.
Appearantly, the producers had no idea when the release would be when they started the Batte Frontier arc, spent way too much time on shoddy filler episodes, and are now struggling to get through everything they've planned before the release.
Out of the last 16 episodes, only 2 have been filler, and that is not a coincidence.

Well, at any rate, that's a GOOD thing. This series has enough filler.

Adamant said:
With the impending D/P release, the anime has a huge amount of events to cover in a relatively short time, which is why they're doing this.
Appearantly, the producers had no idea when the release would be when they started the Batte Frontier arc, spent way too much time on shoddy filler episodes, and are now struggling to get through everything they've planned before the release.
Out of the last 16 episodes, only 2 have been filler, and that is not a coincidence.
One thing I don't get though... When IS the release date?

Okay, so yeah, they're trying to make the deadline since they underestimated the time left till D/P... but when is that deadline? Maybe only they know (or are allowed to know [which still raises the question of how much in the dark they were when the BF started anyhow]) the release dates.

And despite this, there's nothing against them producing plot-relevant episodes on a weekly basis in normal time frames. It's not hard to create up a frivolous (but still important some how) goal in the world of Pokemon to throw along side Gym Badges and Contest Ribbons. They can add another character, pry open the old Team Rocket chest, make up some world crisis... Many, many options that are far better suited to filling our time than another episode about evolving the King of Onix so that it doesn't fall asleep in the race against a time-traveling Psyduck.

Adamant said:
I wouldnt say they were slow at first. they only had 6 fillers in between the battle factory and saffron contest. Also at the very beggining the episode after the oak one they were already at mt. moon and were near cerulean at the end. I think they started rushing even more though. I still suspect D/P wont be released until near the end of 2006 for Japan but, I could be wrong. It could release mid year. I think the writers are just rushing for a mini saga. Going by the writers pace we could be done in May or June including the GF and whatever Ash does.
Are you serious about Chansey?

Wow, if that's true, this would be the first non-Pokemon Center Chansey we've EVER seen in the anime.

Geodude said:
Wow, if that's true, this would be the first non-Pokemon Center Chansey we've EVER seen in the anime.
FYI, there was a non-PC Chansey seen in the episode 'Pokémon Fashion Flash' XP

If you're refering to Fashion Flash, then that would be a yes. Infact the person who DID own it isn't one of the most forgetable random characters to appear in the series. Rather creepy looking, stereotypical flaming guy iirc.

It's true. That Chansey belongs to Spenser, according to Pokeani.com.

Just saw the ep, and quite a good one at that, and yes, Spenser has a Chansey. It healed Sceptile.

Yeah the Ash/Sceptile bonding was great, and I loved seeing how protective Sceptile was of Ash, regardless of its inability to attack and its injured condition.

Geodude said:
Just saw the ep, and quite a good one at that, and yes, Spenser has a Chansey. It healed Sceptile.

It also has a crappy voice. Boo.

But yeah, pretty good episode, with some great bonding scenes between Satoshi and one of his most loyal pokemon. Jukain also manages to be cool enough that I don't mind his evolution THAT much.

Also, gotta love Manene mimicing Sonansu.

Ukon didn't strike me as a very interesting character, but from the looks of the preview, he'll be better next week.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom