• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG164: Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

GoldChaos

Reaction score
TV-Tokyo has the preview up. It's Swellow, Heracross, and Sceptile against Venusaur, Claydol, and Shiftry.

GoldChaos said:
TV-Tokyo has the preview up. It's Swellow, Heracross, and Sceptile against Venusaur, Claydol, and Shiftry.

Yaaaaaa Heracross is back and swellow's gonna kick ass yaaaa can't wait to see this one should be great.

Can't say I'm enthused by the opponents. Claydol's an abomination of a Pokemon, Venusaur was in a contest not long ago and Shiftry's not exactly a Pokemon that makes me scream "woooo!" when it comes on.

Oh well, seeing Heracross in battle again should be enough.

Judging by the preview, they seem to start on a standard stadium but are not limited to it as they run all around the area. I presume getting Claydol in the water is one of Ash's strategies.

Swellow better get defeated early on so Heracross gets a decent win.

Swellow and Heracross are both up against Venusaur. That win might go to Heracross, though I don't know how. But then, one of Ash's Tauros took down a Venusaur back in the Orange League.

On second viewing, the water seems to be part of Spenser's strategy. But water can't do much damage to Sceptile...

Scott85 said:
Swellow better get defeated early on so Heracross gets a decent win.

No I hope ash has a clean sweep cos I don't want any of them to loose least of all swellow plus it has the advantage and it's strong.

Two of Ash's Pokémon will faint. I'm guessing that Sceptile will be the last one standing, while Swellow is least likely.

Did they have to go with Swellow? He's... kind of made to go at least 2 rounds. That endurance and all. Now that I think about it, going with Swellow was a bad choice because, realisticly, Ash's Swellow should not get knocked out in one round. And it's that notion that makes me worry about Heracross and HIS battle spotlight.

Swellow should be the first to faint, it had enough victories. What was the point of bringing Heracross back for it not to do anything?

That's why I'm hoping Heracross at least takes down Venusaur, and then Sceptile will clean up the rest. We haven't seen Heracross in battle in over 180 episodes, it would be retarded to bring it back just for it to get defeated so easily.

Going by the preview, this is my theory:

Swellow defeats Shiftry
Vensaur defeats Swellow
Heracross defeats Venusaur
Claydol deafeats Heracross
Sceptile defeats Claydol

We didn't see enough of Shiftry, so I may be wrong there. But Claydol/Sceptile seems to be the main battle.

Is BF going to end up as the "Give Swellow the shaft" season?

Ideally I suppose that Sceptile could be recalled vs Shiftry as it's still having problems with its attacks, so everyone gets a KO.

Actually ideally Swellow would evolve, or at the very least get another move to go alongside Double Team and many different names for what's always just ramming the opponent.

Why do people want another Swellow evolution? Just so it can be a 3rd stage Poke like Pidgeot?

I think it's fine the way it is, and I don't think Nintendo and Gamefreak will make an evolution to a flying type like Swellow when Noctowl didn't get one either.

I agree... for the time being. To tell you the truth, I have no freakin' way (nor care) of telling how they plan to pump out the new D/P Pokemon. I just let that hot tamale drop, including any idea pandering to an evolution for Swellow.

Any and all speculation in regards to wacky new evos I drop on Torkoal.

FabuVinny said:
Swellow defeats Shiftry
Vensaur defeats Swellow
Sceptile defeats Claydol
Not that I disagree or agree, but that's a very very basic battle progression. The constant back-and-forth operation is so played out. If I could adjust fate I'd make it lop-sided.

FabuVinny said:
Going by the preview, this is my theory:

Swellow defeats Shiftry
Vensaur defeats Swellow
Sceptile defeats Claydol

We didn't see enough of Shiftry, so I may be wrong there. But Claydol/Sceptile seems to be the main battle.
problem with that theory is that we see Sceptile getting hit by Shiftry's shadowball after we see shiftry use the move. My prediction:
Swellow vs. Venusaur. Venusaur wins.
Heracross vs. Venasaur. Heracross wins.
Heracross vs. Shiftry. Shiftry wins.
Sceptile vs. Shiftry. Sceptile wins.
Sceptile vs. Claydol. Sceptile wins.
This is based off of seeing Heracross and Swellow facing Venasaur and Sceptile facing both Shiftry and Claydol. I would assume they wouldnt have Heracross out in the first round since it will be around for a limited time and also Sceptile seems to be the focus of the preview and Claydol seems to be showing the most power.

It's probably more as much as I hate to say it swellow probably gets defeated by venusaur then heracross beats venasaur but is taken down by shiftry who is then taken down by sceptile who also thrashes claydol after struggling to dodge a barrage of psychic. Bit off topic but sceptile looked like he's well and truly back and ready to kick ass,after a nice bonding session with ash (that looked so sweet):blush: .

Well this is news. Needless to say, I'm thrilled to see Heracross finally get some well-deserved attention. It should also be nice to see Nendoll used in battle for the first time, even if its movepool is rather generic.

Why do people hate Claydol? I like that we get to see a battling Claydol. The preview shows everything out of sequence, methinks.
It does seem, however, that Claydol is the Pokemon Ash will have the most trouble with.
I really hope Heracross wins one for the team. It needs battle glory.
It's also cool to see Shiftry, because in my opinion, it's an awesome Pokemon. Hope it uses something cool like Extrasensory or Razor Wind.
Most importantly, GO SKEPPY! WOOP! WOOP!

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom