• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG164: Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

Because we rarely see him used and it have been nice to have him do something worthwhile?

Unregistered said:
Because we rarely see him used and it have been nice to have him do something worthwhile?

Oh i'm sorry I suppose I can see how that makes logical sense:mallet: ......now why did a thought like that not cross my mind oh yea...because it's vacuous and bland. so the writers are being more inventive with the series don't you think they've noticed how everytime ash switches a pokemon it always seems to win what's wrong with variation? (which doesn't in keep with the story being unpredictable) so heracross lost GET OVER IT ALREADY. And in my opinion heracross did do something worthwhile just because it didn't win doesn't mean it was useless.

I heard heracross is with the group at the end....maybe he'll stay for a bit!

FabuVinny said:
Maybe. Maybe not.

How long was Heracross around for in Johto?

He's been around for about 18 episodes in the jhoto saga which is pretty good just he hasn't really been used a lot. But having said that aswell I don't think they ever formally took him out of the series aswell, was just automatically sent to oak's.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see Heracross stay for a bit, but him standing at the end means nothing. We didn't see Ash send Snorlax back to Oak but we know he's not with him anymore.

I imagine Heracross will be sent back to Oaks offscreen sadly.

doodler243 said:
He's been around for about 18 episodes in the jhoto saga which is pretty good just he hasn't really been used a lot. But having said that aswell I don't think they ever formally took him out of the series aswell, was just automatically sent to oak's.
18 episodes is good? Thats horrible. I think Phanpy got more episodes in Johto than Heracross. It would be nice to see Heracross in the main group but, most likely we'll be sticking with the current group.

Ash traded it for Tauros in one episode, sent Tarous back, and Oak wanted to keep it to "study" it.

V Faction said:
No wonder Heracross had such a good "Horn" Attack... :nono:

Yeah was fraustration of being left with oak for all that time. It's nice to see them use some of the old pokemon though but would be nice to see them stay for a while. Would love to see how better cyndaquil has gotten.

Spenser is currently my favorite Frontier Brain.^^ The battle style worked well, even though this is the style in the game that I wanted to see in the anime the most.
nzpv7l.jpg

That Pokéball robot thing is some very advanced technology.

...So does Sceptile know Waterfall now?

Yes! I hoped they would use the Heracross running gag in this episode but I can't believe they actually did it!

Heracross put up a good fight and it was a very powerful Solarbeam that knocked it out. Swellow then only needed to get a couple of hits in to defeat Venusaur.

I do like how Sceptile's Solarbeam is animated.

Heracross is in the closing scene but they are still on the beach and Ash hadn't had a chance to send it back to Professor Oak. If Ash doesn't use it in the opening battle of next week's episode, he has sent it back.
nzqalw.jpg

Onwards to the Battle Tower...

What was the berry that Spenser handed out BTW?

Interested to know what it does - especially since he gave it to his Venusaur after fighting Heracross... cheat0r.

It's a Nanab berry. It has no effect other than for blending. Although I wish there'd been some sort of reference to the fact it's listed as "Very hard" in the games.

ZoraJolteon said:
Although I wish there'd been some sort of reference to the fact it's listed as "Very hard" in the games.
It is? Wow, that's funny. While everyone was eating, I was thinking about how the nanab eaters would be done eating before the apple eaters because the nanab berries looked so soft and had nothing they had to peel (surprise to a banana lover) or eat around (like a core).

I love sunsets, too. I would like to have been with them during that one, all orangy and pretty and stuff.... *melts*

Last edited:
In my opinion the most important thing is Heracross put up a good fight. We have to remember that Venusaur's Poison type negates several of its Grass type weaknesses, so its not the same as Drake's Venusaur vs. Tauros. Although to me it seemed like Venusaur could have been Spencer's oldest, first and strongest pokemon, given it had the most emphasis in both episodes.

Heracross weakened it and Swellow finished it off, my only complaint is if that was Megahorn it didn't look as impressive as it did in the Johto League, although it wasn't deflecting a Flamethrower here...

I was hoping for something more unique than Solarbeam for Sceptile, but it still looks nice and is only the second of Ash's pokemon to know the move.

Yeah I loved the way they animated the solarbeam, was a bit like a ray gun charging up or something reminds me of how meganium does it aswell. Only need to learn one more cool move to add to his arsenal (*ahem*earthquake maybe? *ahem*).

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom