• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG164: Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

Hey Guys! Here are the results of today's battle:

Sceptile defeats Shiftry
Venusaur defeats Heracross
Swellow defeats Venusaur
Claydol deafeats Swellow
Sceptile defeats Claydol

and btw, Sceptile learns Solarbeam during battle with Claydol.

Last edited:
Wow, so we waited over 170+ episodes for Heracross' return and all it does is get defeated by Venusaur?

Why writers? Was it so hard to have Swellow faint instead, as that thing has enough victories?

Heracross fans are going to be pissed.

I don't know...It's said that Heracross used Mega Horn TWICE during the battle with Vanusaur but still didn't win...that's weird...

Yeay!!! banzai!!! my faith in swellow prevailed I knew swellow was gonna kick ass. And at that a venasaur i'm so proud. As for heracross loosing maybe ash might keep it for a while and train it a little cos it's one of the few that we never really saw ash training with.
Go swellow, Go swellow, Gooooooo swellow.

If Ash's Tauros can defeat a Venusaur, surely Heracross can win at something...

At least Sceptile got a good chance to show what it is made of.

FabuVinny said:
If Ash's Tauros can defeat a Venusaur, surely Heracross can win at something...

At least Sceptile got a good chance to show what it is made of.

Yeah but this is spencer's venasaur we're talking about probably got it when he use to be young so should have a hell of a lot of experience.

Drake is the most powerful trainer in the Orange Islands!

And Heracross still could have defeated Shiftry.

FabuVinny said:
Drake is the most powerful trainer in the Orange Islands!

And Heracross still could have defeated Shiftry.

Yeah but it makes more sense if you think about it heracross and all the other's at oak's lab haven't really been in battles for a while so they would be a little rusty.

Of course. That's why Bulbasaur could still kick Team Rocket's ass on the Oak Gathering episode and why Phanpy had Hidden Power, because they're rusty!

One must ask the question, why did the writers bring Heracross back just to lose? Bwuh? There was no point.

And Tauros took down that Venusaur with Ash's only strategy being the beginner's luck factor...

Scott85 said:
One must ask the question, why did the writers bring Heracross back just to lose? Bwuh? There was no point.
*Wishes Heracross stays and swellow goes*. I also am annoyed with Sceptile learning solar beam out of all the awesome moves it can get it gets solar beam.

Unregistered said:
Of course. That's why Bulbasaur could still kick Team Rocket's ass on the Oak Gathering episode and why Phanpy had Hidden Power, because they're rusty!

Did you hear me say that they can't attack? now don't get it twisted READ first. And any one can blast team rocket off for heaven's sake in chronicles starter pokemon were blasting them off and pokemon learn attacks all the time has nothing to do with how strong they are.

Not that I can recall. Ash's well trained Bulbasaur/Totodile/Cyndaquil did very well against Butch and Cassidy, though.

Snorlax has also done well recently so they aren't getting rusty while they are at the lab.

FabuVinny said:
Not that I can recall. Ash's well trained Bulbasaur/Totodile/Cyndaquil did very well against Butch and Cassidy, though.

Snorlax has also done well recently so they aren't getting rusty while they are at the lab.

Yeah along with help from delia's mr mime, and tracey's scyther. Taking into consideration that Pikachu blasts off team rocket on it's own without breaking a sweat. Any way back on topic does anyone know if ash still has heracross in his team?.

FabuVinny said:
It was Totodile's Water Gun that blasted them off, though.
Well it's a cartoon as we all know anything can happen just like how may's baby pokemon seem to whoop experienced fully evolved pokemon i.e skitty/houndoom, so in all fairness this is a useless argument. Back on topic (like I said before) does anyone know if heracross is still in th team or sent back?.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom