• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG165: Usohachi King and Manene Queen!?

Scott85 said:
Jo-Jo, do you always enter the threads where "Drew" is typed? It seems like whenever someone mentions Drew you pop up a few minutes later. :p

The search feature works well doesn't it?
...The search feature? Um, dude, if you're going to stalk me, please keep it to yourself.

FabuVinny said:
Yo. Brock is paired up with James here. Unless you are into BrocketShipping...

The funny thing is, we don't even know if James or Brock will react to their Manene/Bonsly. Hell, we don't even know if Bonsly and Manene are just acting for that matter.

BTW, has anyone figured out what that arrow was pointing to one of the directors in the preview? Is that guy an anime version of the real-life director of the Pokemon movies? It looks like him.

Jo-Jo said:
...The search feature? Um, dude, if you're going to stalk me, please keep it to yourself.

I click a lot of peoples usernames randomly, this is nothing important.

The odd thing is that the arrow isn't in the copy of the episode I have. Just the TV Tokyo preview...

I dont think theres going to be any Brocketshipping, if their is I'll be scared for life. Also, with Meowth and Pikachu, i remeber this mentioned way back in Kanto, that Pokemon are only evil when pushed to be, so Meowth is good when hes not under the influence of Team Rocket. Meowth is a naturally good Pokemon but when he comes over the peer presure of Team Rocket hes evil. Also i want to do a test to see if Scott comes if i say "May is perfect". Also, Meowth isnt doing anything with Pikachu and really, please no Pika-Meowth shipping, thats wronger than Brocket. And I'm sure ill have so many people disagree with me that Pokemon are naturally good.

Well saying that ruined your test. :rolleyes:

Normally, Pokémon only become bad uner the influence of a bad trainer. That's even said in the games by Professor Elm's assistant. However, Meowth is an exception. If it wasn't for his biology, Meowth would be human. He has been pushed through bad experiences to come into a similar situation as Jessie and James. See the Becoming evil thread to see what I mean.

And you can't get people to stop shipping a particular pairing. For example, I know that one of the ex-mods of BMG is a BrocketShipper and Pikachu/Meowth is another fairly popular pairing. Just look at previous episodes where they left their trainers, such as Bound For Trouble in the Orange Islands and you will see evidence for it. It's hardly any worse than other Pokémon pairings, such as the Nidoran in Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?.

FabuVinny said:
He isn't crying. Just wiping away a tear in a cool fashion because he lost Bonsly but they are now reunited.

No, Brock reminisces about an older Usohachi King and Manene Queen movie. At that point in the show, Brock still hasnt been reunited with Usohachi. He doesn't cry, one tear isnt crying.

Well I only had the preview to go by then and that was just after James hugs Manene.

This epsiode was high;y disapointing to me. Half of it were those guys thinking they had the other Manene and Usohaichi the other half was trying to make a movie. I think the big problem was everyone expected this to be a big filler, but it was just a normal one.

Well that recap was pointless.

oizo1x.jpg

Anyone else notice how Max is looking at Ash? First Tracey, now Ash... Then again, it could just be more foreshadowing to a defeat at the Battle Tower.

I liked the use of music in the recap and opening scene.

This is the second Team Rocket battle in a row with just Dustox. :eek:

Lots of running around and Meowth talking. Odd that Pikachu had no problem with Meowth stealing.

So if the Bonsly King and Manene Queen are seperate Pokémon then it looks like Brock and James's Pokémon still have no defined gender. And Brock and May apparently already knew of the 4th-gen Pokémon. This set are integrating themselves in the past already. :rolleyes:

So Meowth can see through the costumes in an instant but Ash-tachi can't?

And now Meowth is getting Pikachu involved in the plot? Come to think of it, are Team Rocket actually doing anything bad?

Who needs Pokémon when you can battle wth your body? :-D Bonsly does well too. May is going to have a hard time defeating it in the upcoming contest. In fact, the whole Bonsly/Manene battle is great, especially the Teeter Dance. It was a shame to get to Pikachu vs. Seviper, really.
oj0z2b.jpg

FabuVinny said:
So if the Bonsly King and Manene Queen are seperate Pokémon then it looks like Brock and James's Pokémon still have no defined gender. And Brock and May apparently already knew of the 4th-gen Pokémon. This set are integrating themselves in the past already. :rolleyes:

They started doing that almost a year ago in the Lucario movie.

FabuVinny: Max has always admired Ash since day 1. Both May and Max do for that matter, he's their role model.

I'm not sure about Max admiring Ash from day one. The impression I got was that he was mocking him. And he did call him "Al," IIRC. Can't say anything about May, since I never saw her first encounter with Ash.

Just lookit him, though. I don't recall him ever looking at Ash like that before.

Andromache said:
I'm not sure about Max admiring Ash from day one. The impression I got was that he was mocking him. And he did call him "Al," IIRC. Can't say anything about May, since I never saw her first encounter with Ash.

Max said he watched all of Ash's Johto league matches on TV and wanted to travel with him as soon as he saw that May was with Ash as well.

Sure he was mocking his name, "You're Alf!", but Max already seemed to hold him to high regard.

As for May, she already had a great deal of respect and admiration toward him as soon as she watched Ash/Pikachu sleeping together in AG1. It's pretty much why she didn't care that her bike got destroyed.

Ash: You're walking too slow.
May: I did have a bike.

Max: He came top 16 in the Johto League.
Ash: I was top eight.

I didn't really see much admiration in early Hoenn. May softened her attitude towards Ash when she saw how much he cared for Pikachu but neither looked at him like that before that I know of.

I loved this week's ep. Made me chuckle a lot more than pretty much every other ep and had some fantastic stuff in it. Teeter Dance being just one memory that'll last me a life-time, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if that writer is a cameo either, he's not really anything like the generic adult-male template they seem to have. Then again, pretty much all the other characters are pretty different too.

The animation and everything just seemed... different and also, better, in this ep. They obviously got the good animators on this ep. Pity they couldn't have done that for Groudon/Kyogre.....

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom