• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG167: Decisive Game! Haruka VS Takeshi!!

Battles happen off screen. And we have actually been told that fact on many occasions.

I wonder...if Brock knew beforehand that he would've had to lose the first battle to get her attention, would he have done it?

That's a really good question, whether Brock would deliberately hurt his reputation to get a girl. I think he'd toy with the idea, but I don't think he'd intentionally lose in the end. If that were the case, he may as well just have a sparring match and not waste the opponent's time or his own just to lose. Then, too, he cares too much for his own Pokemon and Pokemon in general to put them on the line in a battle he didn't really have his heart in anyway. This is just my gut reaction. Will have to ponder this some more. But like Kasu said, I think he has too much integrity to fight in something he wasn't concerned about.

Question that came up in the Brock Club...

After the Raticate trainer's appeal:

Brockcontestexcited.jpg

Brockgettingbitchedat.jpg

Brockknewthatreally.jpg

What did Brock say, and why did May get ticked off about it?

My interpretation (and bear in mind that I have no knowledge of Japanese) was that Brock was admiring Mika's appeal, (like he would normally do in the audience,) but then May reminds him that Mika is the opposition.

"Y'know, Mika sure looks sultry when she appeals with Raticate..."
"Brock! She's only 8 years old!"
"BWAUGH!! Uhh, I... er, I knew that! I meant it only as a compliment!"

If I was a GymShipper or JailbaitShipper, I would say that May just caught Brock out and that there is hope for him liking a younger girl yet. :p

Pie said:
What did Brock say, and why did May get ticked off about it?
I'm afraid the only thing I can really understand is Haruka's "You're not supposed to be impressed!"

I can pick out only some of Takeshi's words (like tajitsu ni ["some day"], I think), but not enough to make a sentence or tell what exactly he's talking about.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom