• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG168: Muchul and Three Rougela Sisters!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 168: "Moochul and the Three Rougela Sisters!!"

0316.jpg

Airs Thursday, March 16th on TV-Tokyo
From the TV-Tokyo website:

While traveling on a mountainous road on the way to the Battle Tower, Satoshi and his friends come across the kiss pokemon Moochul (Smoochum). Haruka thinks the pokemon is cute and wants to pick it up in her arms, but when she does, she is suddenly attacked by three Rougela (Jynx)! The pokemon battle Satoshi for a while to protect Moochul, eventually leading him and his friends off the path.

Later, the Rocket-Dan encounter this same cute Moochul in a forest and hatch a scheme...

Last edited:
Go figure. I wonder how KidsWB will work their way around this one? Anywho, the episode sounds interesting, and if May captures Smoochum, I'll go cut myself!

Nursejoy's boy said:
I think that jessie may catch it becuase Manene and Smoochum Mr. Mime and Jynx

Here's a theory, nobody will catch anything!

Huzzah!

At least they're purple... so no doubt UK, Canada, etc. will get it.

Nursejoy's boy said:
I think that jessie may catch it becuase Manene and Smoochum Mr. Mime and Jynx

Yea I was just about to say that Jesse does look really mesmorised by it plus she did miss out on an ice type pokemon before so a smoochum would make it up. And i wouldn't mind if someocatches it (as long as it's not may) because i'm sure it would come to the uk. Another side note is that after this is the psychic battle would be good if ash used this as a mini training run.

Team Rocket narrates the preview for this episode, so it does seem this will be a Rocket-centric episode. My money is on TR planning to take Smoochum, but Jessie develops a bond with it, and they decide to return/the twerps beat them up and take it back.

The min I saw this title of the episode I knew that they probably won't air this on KidsWb. XD But, if they show it in UK, (which they probably will) we could probably see it on DVD. (but that will be like, 2008 by the time this gets on DVD. x_X ) So who knows... ._.

Uh. There's still nothing to say that this wont air on KWB. The only way to know for sure is to see if they air the Pacifidlog eps later randomly.

I still think there's a better chance of May capturing it.. Because you know this is just like the Skitty episode, but May got it. And besides. Jesse isn't one to capture "cute" Pokemon. AKA Arbok, Seviper, Lickitung, Wobbufet, Dustox.. You know. So I'm more on the side of May getting it seeing as Smoochum is right down her alley.. plus May hasn't "captured" any Pokemon in the BF episodes, only hatched and given to.

However with the whole KidsWB thing.. I'm pretty sure they only didn't air it becasue it was black history month.. which kinda explains it all.

Now for the episode. It looks intersting. There haven't been very many mountain episodes for a while... Snowy ones I mean. Plus this is exactly like the Poochyena episode. However I don't think these Jynx want the Smoochum to evolve as much as the Mightyena did...

I don't think anyone will capture it. Smoochum will live in harmony with those 3 Jynx, and the gang will wave goodbye to them.

We've seen this happen countless times in the anime, with the characters leaving a wild Pokemon with their family/flock/friends instead of keeping them. Why would this time be any different?

Smoochum isn't a D/P promotion, so that's out. It's not even an RBY Pokemon either, so it can't be used to promote FR/LG. It's just a GSC Pokemon, which holds no grounds.

Wurmple wasn't cute? ^^;; And Ekans?

Or maybe I just don't know what cute is. :p xD;
And you KNOW Jessie DOES love cute Pokemon.
Remember Dratini?
And Smoochum especially. :p Forgot that?

Wurmple and Ekans both evolved. And you know Smoochum would never be allowed to evolve if it joined the regular cast.

QuietDragon said:
Wurmple wasn't cute? ^^;; And Ekans?

Or maybe I just don't know what cute is. :p xD;
And you KNOW Jessie DOES love cute Pokemon.
Remember Dratini?
And Smoochum especially. :p Forgot that?

I thought likitung was really cute back in the days.

Lickitung is jailbait...

JEssie needs a new Pokemon, Smoochum is okay for her.

Nursejoy's boy said:
If They Catch Smoochum, And It Evolves, 444 Is The Last Pokemon Episode In America!!!!

And why would it evolve in the episodes its caught in?

Nursejoy's boy said:
If They Catch Smoochum, And It Evolves, 444 Is The Last Pokemon Episode In America!!!!
And where were you when they taught proper capitalization in school?

Well.. if it did evolve... and some caught it.. KidsWB would have no choice but to A: Deal with Jynx. B: Cancel Pokemon in the U.S. But since Pokemon probably gets them more than half their money, I really dont think they'd wanna cancel.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom