• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG168: Muchul and Three Rougela Sisters!!

rk4sk9.jpg

This episode features an onigiri and a Jessie Fantasy.

This episode has some funny looking scenes, comedic violence, and some cool animation. The new animator director is okay in my book.

Episode summary gained from viewing the pictures:

The group is continuing towards the Battle Tower when a Smoochum appears. May is immediately taken by its Attract, but Smoochum suddenly floats up in the air and into the hands of an overly protective Jynx. The three Jynx attack the group with ice attacks, freezing Pikachu in the process.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket are fighting over their last onigiri. They do rock-paper-scissors (which Jessie wins) but continue to fight until it rolls down a hill. (That onigiri is so getting turned into a sanwhich. :rolleyes:) At the bottom of the hill, Smoochum eats it. But Jessie doesn't mind since she is also taken by the Attract. Jessie picks it up and decides to turn it into a star. (Note that her fantasy has no Giovanni anywhere.)

In Filler Town, Nurse Joy has healed Pikachu while Brock falls in love. However, there is chaos outside. This is being caused by the overly protective Jynx. Swellow and Combusken battle for a while, but then Swellow flies off, (probably to locate Smoochum.)

Team Rocket do a little dance, (which looks like it turns into the motto,) but then the Jynx turn up and they run off. We then get a scene between Jessie (holding Smoochum) and James (holding Manene) which looks very RocketShippy. It results in Manene and Meowth dressing up as Smoochum, though that doesn't work.

Jessie is unwilling to let Smoochum go and climbs up a tower to where the Ice Beams can't reach her. Ash climbs after her and so Jessie calls Meowth on her mobile to get the Meowth Balloon up. To her horror, however, Smoochum starts falling. Ash grabs it but starts falling himself. The Jynx use Psychic to save him. They look happy and Ash hands Smoochum over to them.

However, Team Rocket are not happy. They use the claw that has so often been used on Pikachu to grab Smoochum. Swellow saves Smoochum but it starts falling again. Aparently the Jynx can't come to the rescue this time so Brock, May and Max rush to save it. They run into each other and fall to the ground, where Smoochum savely lands on Brock. The Jynx use Ice Beam to send Team Rocket blasting off, though Jessie goes seperately for some reason.

As the sun sets, Smoochum is now in Ash's arms. It kisses him :eek: and then evolves. :eek: :eek: It looks a little surprised and unhappy at this, though Ash cheers it up. And now that Smoochum has grown up, the Jynx won't be overprotective and Ash can continue towards the Battle Tower with another problem solved.

I thought this episode was funny and quirky. It kinda reminded me of kanto fillers. Also Jessie climbing up the tower with smoochum was priceless.

I...loved this episode...I don't know why.

The animation I really liked, it was fluid and cool looking. This episode had great music imo, as well as some funny parts. ANyone noticed Jess's clevage in the magician outfit?

This epospde also reminded me of Kanto, namely because they're there. the thing that bugged me was I couldnt stand Smoochum outside of the Pichu Bros. Thats my only complaint.

Didn't we already see another Smoochum in Johto that wasn't part of the Pichu Possé?
Habunake said:
ANyone noticed Jess's clevage in the magician outfit?
Add that to the rolling onigiri... do you think the writers are privately rebelling against 4Kids?

Yeah that rolling onigiri has gotta be sending some kinda message...

Or maybe 4kids will skip the episode entirely so it doesn't make a difference.

Jesus, Satoshi, you're the king of double standards, aren't you? Muchul didn't have any objections about going with the Rockets, and no matter what those overprotective Rougela felt about it, people "catching" wild pokemon the same damn way he has done before is something he could stay out of for once. Catching wild pokemon is what people do in this world.

Uh, hello? Didn't you notice that the Jynx were attacking the city as a result of TR taking Smoochum? Consider that next time before you make a post that intentionally ignores several moments of the episode.

Anyone notice it took the Jynz bit by bit to freeze the ladder but it took them a few seconds to freeze the balloon? Plot device, yay.

Onigiri, cleavage, Jynx. This episode exist purely to piss off 4Kids and Kids WB.

Hehe, I love this saga so much. Why? Because we're in Kanto again and are getting great Kanto fillers.

Team Rocket's motto/dancing/fantasy was perfect. This was definetly a highlight for them.

Wow, the Jynx froze a Magikarp in mid-air. It probably died unless the ice melted quickly. Pokemon's hardcore again.

You don't die from freezing in the Pokemon world. Remember Pryce's Piloswine? Yeah I know it's an Ice type, but still...

If you really want to get technical, Carp are a cold water fish...so if you extend the anime physics to it...it's OOOK. Then again so is everything else.

The only thing I hated about this episode is that it was just filler, I'd really like to see the next episode which looks like it has some meat and potatoes...

Geodude said:
Uh, hello? Didn't you notice that the Jynx were attacking the city as a result of TR taking Smoochum? Consider that next time before you make a post that intentionally ignores several moments of the episode.

Yes, I did notice that. The Rougela were in the wrong by attacking a nearby city because their fellow pokemon willingly went with a couple of trainers who didn't even know of the Rougela sisters' existense. Stopping the three pokemon would be the right thing to do, not trying to get Mucul back. Again, catching pokemon is what people do in this world, and it's not like the Rockets were doing it by unethical means this time. They simply stumbled upon a pokemon they wanted, and the pokemon didn't have any objections going with them. We've seen a lot of pokemon being caught in the exact same fashion during the show.

Maybe the only way of stopping them was getting Muchul back :/

What other way would you have suggested?

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom