• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG169 & AG170 Titles Revealed!

Sunain

Inactive Account
Reaction score
AG 169 タワータイクーン、リラ登場! Tower Tycoon, Lila Enters! 2006-03-23
AG 170 バトルタワー!以心伝心バトル!! Battle Tower! Telepathy Battle!! 2006-03-30

Thanks to Limerick for the translations.

Who were the Pokemon used in that battle in the game?

Who do you think she will use in the match?

We know the first title translated is "Salon Maiden Anabel Enters!", since that's what she's referred to when you battle her in-game. The second ep might have her with Alakazam because I think that's one of her Pokemon she uses (when you're going for the Silver symbol), so expect a repeat of the Sabrina ep in that one.

Looks like a slowing down in BF...

First we have the Palace getting 2 eps, then we get a few weeks of (what seem to be) fillers and again we have a 2 ep Tower battle.

And if Ash is going to be losing any, losing against a Psychic Pokemon wouldn't surprise me. If he did, then it would lend quite a bit of credibility to him training for a couple more eps to train Corphish to make it evolve - and leave him with a fully evolved (minus the rat) team for a change.

Although if I were to actually bet on it, I'd say he wins anyway.

Usually a loss happens in the first episode so there is a good chance of Ash winning.

However, I'm wondering about whether the writers wanted Ash to lose in front of Scott. After they specifically mentioned the Battle Tower at the end of the Battle Palace battle I wonder if they are going to change Scott's estimation of him only for Ash to bounce back and earn learning the location of the Pyramid.

The BF isn't slowing down. There are only 4 episodes between Spenser and Anabel. And one of those episodes is a Contest. How is that slowing down? Just because we get 3 fillers we're slowing down? Bwuh? If anything they're still blowing through the BF.

And at this rate I'm sure Ash will beat all the Brains. I can only imagine how shocked Scott will be if Ash loses.

We're slower than earlier in the reigon. When was the last time we got two fillers in a row? And the writers are back to the 2 episode Gym Brain Battle format.

Anyone think Noctowl will be used for this battle? It could come in handy.

FabuVinny said:
We're slower than earlier in the reigon.

Not by much.

Between Greta and Tucker there were 3 episodes. Between Tucker and Lucy there were 4 episodes. Between Lucy and Spenser there were 5 episodes.

Now between Spenser and Anabel there are 4 episodes. And as said, one of those eps. in between is a Contest. So we get two fillers in a row and then a Jynx filler afterward, does it really matter? I still don't see how we're slowing down.

The numbers show it?

We're only slowing gradually but this does show that the writers feel that they have a little more breathing space. After March, presuming Ash wins in these episodes, we have another contest, the Grand Festival and the Battle Pyramid. Then they'll be stuck with nothing to do until Diamond and Pearl comes out. It's understandable that they would slow down a bit.

That's because with the new opening coming with the next new episode, I think we really are getting something else after the BF.

Assuming May wins the next contest and gets her 4th ribbon (which she probably will), and Ash beats Anabel (which again he probably will), then all Ash and May need is 1 more symbol/ribbon and they're done.

Then we just get the Kanto Grand Festival which may be only 3 episodes like the Hoenn one was, and then whatever Ash is doing after Brandon.

In fact, I'm willing to bet the entire BF arc is finished before the 9th movie comes out. We're probably going to Ranger land in Fiore before we go to the D/P region.

Presuming May goes to the Grand Festival before Ash goes to the Battle Pyramid, she will probably be done by mid-June, including fillers. Add a few episodes around the Pyramid and if the games come out in the summer then Ash can do that straight away with the movie being at the end of AG.

If the games are released later, he will have to something else, be that in Fiore or elsewhere...

Maybe...

but we still have Sevii Islands, and I think they will use it. Maybe another Unown episode, featuring ! and ? ones... maybe the Hypno arc, or something...

They SHOULD also bring somebody from the past, don't forget it's Kanto.

I think we all gave up hope about seeing old characters from Kanto a long time ago.

The only old characters we see again are the main ones, (like Prof. Oak, Delia, Misty, Tracey) and the rivals from Hoenn (Drew, Harley).

It would be nice if the writers finally brought some old characters back, but I doubt it at this point.

FabuVinny said:
Presuming May goes to the Grand Festival before Ash goes to the Battle Pyramid, she will probably be done by mid-June, including fillers. Add a few episodes around the Pyramid and if the games come out in the summer then Ash can do that straight away with the movie being at the end of AG.

If the games are released later, he will have to something else, be that in Fiore or elsewhere...
I think it could end Early-Mid June. This episode airs in the 3rd week of March. We most likely will get a contest somewhere in April. I also think the Battle pyramid is not the final battle it doesnt make sense. I suspect the Battle Pyramid will also occur in April since we so far have had a Facility per month. Assuming the GF is about 3-4 episodes like last time we'd be in mid-late May once its done. Then there will be a filler or two and then Ash's final battle to conclude the saga at most it being two episodes since the writers are incapable of making a battle last more than two episodes. Also I doubt D/P will release in the summer. Recall the writers wanted the ninth movie to be based upon Rangers to coincide with its release. We also probally wouldnt have the same main cast in D/P since we usually get a cast switch up between different areas. We always do. Anyway I'm going to be the unoriginal one and guess the sevi islands will be a mini saga in some point. There are a lot of possibilities. The learning of the 3 powerful moves, Hypno trouble, Bike gang, more unown stuff, Deoxys saga, Johto pokemon, and other things. There are alot of possibilities with the sevi islands. They could even just hand around kinda like a cruise or something and they incorporate a deoxys saga kinda like the whirlpool island saga. May could also catch a Johto pokemon there.

Anyway yay for the return of two episode leader episodes to bad for lucy.

Ghost_Master said:
I also think the Battle pyramid is not the final battle it doesnt make sense.
Why not? Ash can't learn the location of the Pyramid until he has all the other symbols and if Brandon has three legendary Pokémon like he does in the games the it would be the perfect place.

Also I doubt D/P will release in the summer. Recall the writers wanted the ninth movie to be based upon Rangers to coincide with its release.
Pokémon Ranger is released in March and linked to Diamond and Pearl in some way. The cast only shows that it probably won't be released before July, which is why I said this movie could be at the end of AG.

Sevii Islands
Yes, there is lots to do but too much in the time to whenever D/P is released. It is also a little too late since the games have been out for two years now.

Why not? Ash can't learn the location of the Pyramid until he has all the other symbols and if Brandon has three legendary Pokémon like he does in the games the it would be the perfect place.
It doesnt make sense to me anyway. Lets see I have collected all 7 symbols now what do I do with them. What was the point of collecting them all if ther is reward or recognition in the end.

Pokémon Ranger is released in March and linked to Diamond and Pearl in some way. The cast only shows that it probably won't be released before July, which is why I said this movie could be at the end of AG
Well I still think the saga will end in mid June. Also not only me but most other people over at serebii agree with me that D/P will most likely be released in November.

Yes, there is lots to do but too much in the time to whenever D/P is released. It is also a little too late since the games have been out for two years now.
Yet they put the BF in kanto which is an obvious throwback to Fr/Lg and Emerald. Unless they do Ranger which I dont think they would since it would be to big of a game to cover.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom