• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG170: Battle Tower! Telepathy Battle!!

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
169.jpg
Team Rocket use Mecha Wobbuffet, Tauros stampedes into Ash and Anabel and then Ash has another shot at getting the Ability Symbol.

Here are the battles:

○Corphish VS Alakazam×
×Corphish VS Metagross○
×Tauros VS Metagross×
○Pikachu VS Espeon×

Location of Battle Pyramid revealed: Near Pewter City (Brock's hometown!)

Last edited:
No posts in preview mode? That's a first.
PPK said:
Here are the battles:

Corphish VS Alakazam
Tauros VS Metagross
Pikachu VS Espeon
I suspected Tauros would be used against Metagross. Pikachu did well last week and fainted Tyson's Metagross, but Ash wouldn't be able to rely on the past here. I'm surprised that it is the same order, though. I'm intrigued on what stategies Ash used.

PPK said:
So that continues the circuit. It would be nice to see Brock's family but "near" seems to imply that Ash won't actually go there in this saga.

Do we know where the Kanto Grand Festival is yet? I can see May's last contest being on the route but not the festival as well.

PPK said:

!!!

Well, that makes sense, I guess - given the whole adventure thing and Mount Moon and such. It makes sense to me, anyway.

But anyway, my interest in the Battle Pyramid just spiked way up. They denied us a Brock episode when he went home and gave his family Ludicolo, but with any luck we could get one before or after the Battle Pyramid - or maybe even have him involved in the plot of the Battle Pyramid episode? Aaah, time will tell, I suppose.

Also, where is it in relation to Pewter City? Because if it's to the east, close to Cerulean City... well, it's really a long shot, but maybe there'll be another Misty episode coming up soon as well? Or would that be assuming the writers love us more than they do? ^^o

Near Pewter City? I hope that isn't a sign that they're going to drop Brock off for good at the end of this saga. [/paranoia]

Ash uses the same team in his rematch? That's funny, I thought his new strategy would involve different Pokemon. No Noctowl, then... shame.

Corphish VS Alakazam
Tauros VS Metagross
Pikachu VS Espeon
Does that mean Ash and Anabel's rematch operates in the same way as the Ash/Rudy gym battle? E.g. both of them have to switch Pokemon after every round, and the best two out of three wins the match?

(edit)
Also, where is it in relation to Pewter City? Because if it's to the east, close to Cerulean City... well, it's really a long shot, but maybe there'll be another Misty episode coming up soon as well? Or would that be assuming the writers love us more than they do? ^^o
Ooooh, I hope that happens! Maybe Misty and co. will come along to watch Ash at the Battle Pyramid?

Hmmm at least corphish didn't evolve which I was dreading a lot and I think the whole thing with the pyramid being near pewter is very intriguing I think they might drop brock off and pick misty up I hope not though. By the way is veridian close to pewter?.

NO offense but bonsly could easily be marketed by another means or by just taking foucus away from it and introducing another d/p pokemon after all it's not the only one..... besides they've done loads of things that doesn't make sense so it wouldn make much of a differencs.

If the new opening proved anything, it's that the current cast will stay as is until this saga ends. In other words, Brock's not going anywhere and Misty isn't returning.

Likewise, Brock having Bonsly means nothing however. Tracey had a Marill, and he didn't go to Johto you know.

First of all if that's in relation to me I have more reason than 'just because the battle pyramid is next to pewter' to elaborate on and if you read I said it was intriguing not 'this is what's going to happen'. And if you read on you will also see I said I hope that won't be the case, and as for it being 'plain silly' you could argue dropping misty was 'plain silly' if i had mentioned it b4 it happening. Misty has no other reason to follow anymore and what's brock's reason?.

Brock might leave after the Battle Pyramid but he would hardly leave right before Ash's big battle just because it is near his hometown. Bonsly is very important to this since even if the writers plan to have Brock leave before the D/P saga, they would want to show off Bonsly as much as possible beforehand.

Jo-Jo said:
Does that mean Ash and Anabel's rematch operates in the same way as the Ash/Rudy gym battle? E.g. both of them have to switch Pokemon after every round, and the best two out of three wins the match?

The match actually went like this:

○Heigani vs. Foodin×
×Heigani vs. Metagross○
×Kentaros vs. Metagross× (simultaneous KO)
○Pikachu vs. Eifie×

Kazam got taken out by a fucking Corphish?

Everything I know is wrong.

Fuck.

Corphish kicks ass, there's no reason why it couldn't take down an Alakazam.

I'm really starting to hate these double KO's, poor Tauros. ;/

FabuVinny said:
Brock might leave after the Battle Pyramid but he would hardly leave right before Ash's big battle just because it is near his hometown. Bonsly is very important to this since even if the writers plan to have Brock leave before the D/P saga, they would want to show off Bonsly as much as possible beforehand.

I think were going to see an appearence of the family...

or it would be cool to see Brock's Bro who was given most of Brock Pokemon...to vs. May/Ash/Brock...it'd be totally cool :D

Remember how we all thought we would see Sabrina because May's first Contest was in Saffron?

Sadly, we may not get to see Brock's family even if they pass by Pewter. The writers are disappointing like that. :/

Scott85 said:
Remember how we all thought we would see Sabrina because May's first Contest was in Saffron?

Sadly, we may not get to see Brock's family even if they pass by Pewter. The writers are disappointing like that. :/

it's because they are rushing things now...like u noticed the gap of the first symbol to the 2nd...but then all of a sudden it speeding up....there should have been at lesat 2 more eps in each gap...to make it truly perfect..and each of those 1 ep was about old important characters.

Scott85 said:
Corphish kicks ass, there's no reason why it couldn't take down an Alakazam.
Alakazam = One of the most powerful Psychics, if not the most powerful non-legendary in the PM World.

Corphish: Unevolved water-type with not much agility.

I imagine Corphish took advantage of Fudin's weak physical defense. I swear to God if it lost to numerous bubble attacks....

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom