• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG170: Battle Tower! Telepathy Battle!!

I don't visit BMG alot, but, I guess, here is my review, sorta; more like a synposis, i dunno. anyways, enjoy.

Episode: [HASHTAG]#446[/HASHTAG]
Japanese Title: バトルタワー!以心伝心バトル!!
Romaji Transcription: Batoru Tawā! Ishindenshin Batoru!!
Translated Title: Battle Tower! Telepathy Battle!!

Another beautiful day shines upon our heroes as we are inside of a pokemon center, with Joy presenting Ash with his pokemon fully recovered. Ash thanks Joy for her help in recovering his pokemon. Enshida arrives reviving the flames of courage for Ash to once more to challenge the great, Lila.

Walking along a dirt path, Ash escapes from everyone heading further along with the path to begin training with his Tauros, Pikachu, and Corphish. Pikachu launches forward with an Iron Tail followed by Tauros stampeding and Corphish's Crabhammer. As the attacks collide into a gigantic tree, the collision angers the nearby Beedrill of the Forest. Ash and his pokemon are quick to escape from the impending Beedrill stampede as Lila notices Ash in the distance. The Beedrill finally gain distance on Ash and being attacking Tauros which causes him to accelerate knocking Lila and Ash forward into a nearby lake.

Ash and Lila escape from the lake to have dirt and filth on their bodies. Ash and Lila being the cleanup process while Corphish begins splashing water onto Ash. Both dive into the water towards Corphish and begin playing gently with one another while Brock, May, and Max being preparing food.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket is underground while Jessie attempts to adjust her hearing device to capture the location of Ash and Pikachu. Meowth begins clawing away from the ground. Jessie begins to poke a strange item as the ground begins to collapse ontop of Team Rocket with Munchlax atop of them. Team Rocket reach above ground to find the prepared culinary feast of Brock, May, and Max. While Team Rocket continue devouring Brock's creation, the usual rocket theme is set into place. Ash shouts to Team Rocket as Munchlax makes heads off into the distance everyone's food. With a press of a button, a Wobbuffet shaped mecha appears before our heroes. May calls upon her Eevee as it dashes forward and collides with the mecha to soon be forced backwards. After a few seconds, a hole bursts in the side of the mecha and Team Rocket is blasted off like a brilliant star.

May releases her Combusken as both Ash and May attempt to relay attacks psychokinetically to their pokemon. After a few attempts, both fall back in failure. Lila has always had the ability to communicate with the trees, flowers, and even wild pokemon on a different level than anyone else.

Ash arrives at the Battle Tower for his second chance to finally defeat Lila. Lila is less than hesitant to call upon her Alakazam. A rotation of a pokeball releases Ash's Corphish. A battle of wits and strength to commence between Ash and Lila.

Corphish strikes forward with a Crabhammer as Alakazam counterattacks with its Mega Punch. Corphish follows up with a Bubblebeam which meets equal power with Alakazam's Psybeam. With the rotation of his arms, Alakazam easily takes control of Corphish's body and thrusts it backwards. Ash relealizes an opening and Corphish blasts forward with a Bubblebeam attack making for a direct hit.

As Corphish strikes forward with a Crabhammer, Alakazam retaliates with it's Psybeam making contact with Corphish and knocking it into a confused state. Alakazam follows up with a Mega Punch attack as Corphish confusingly blasts forward with its devasting Crab Hammer. As Alakazam begins to recover from the attack, Ash recalls Corphish from mid-air combat and releases him once more to strike down with a Bubblebeam attack. Alakazam takes heavy damage from the Bubblebeam attack and crashes down to the ground and is announced as unable to battle.

Lila elegantly selects Metagross as her second pokemon. Corphish is quick to strike with another Bubblebeam attack as Metagross evades and strikes forward with a Meteor Mash. Corphish is easily crushed and announced as unable to battle. Ash releases his second pokemon from its Monster Ball, Tauros. A ferious opponent to overcome, Tauros strikes forward with countinuing strikes. As Metagross moves to defend against the attack, Tauros evades the Meteor Mash attack and strikes Metagross from the underside. Tauros begins on the attack once more as Metagross launches a devasting Hyper Beam towards Tauros. Multiple copies of Tauros are created with the elusive "Double Team" technique to attempt to evade Metagross's attack. As the Hyper Beam destroys countless "clones" of Tauros, the attack finally makes contact with Tauros for a direct hit. After a bit of sliding, Tauros manages to recover and blasts forward with for attack making successful contact with Metagross. Metagross responds with a Meteor Mash taking Tauros's attack head on. After a few moments, the attacks collide in an array of sparks and colors blasting both Tauros and Metagross backwards and both pokemon announced as unable to battle.

Lila selects Espeon for her third and final pokemon. May queries Espeon's Pokedex data while Ash selects Pikachu for his third pokemon. Ash decides to match Espeon with speed as Pikachu blasts forward with its Agility. Espeon acclerates with its own speed ability and manages to gain an advantage on Pikachu striking it in the backside. Pikachu manages to launch an Iron Tail attack as Espeon once more counterattacks with its own Iron Tail managing to evades Pikachu's initial attack rotating around Pikachu's body and crushing it down to the ground. A magestic Thunderbolt launches from Pikachu's electrical sacks as Espeon's Zap Cannon overcomes the Thunderbolt and collides with Pikachu thrusting it backwards. Pikachu begins with an additional Thunderbolt attack as Espeon uses its Psychic attack to force Pikachu's body to be smashed into the ceiling. As Pikachu falls towards the ground, he fully recovers and begins accelerating with Agility. Espeon once more takes control of Pikachu's body and thrusts it towards the ceiling. Pikachu manages to grasp onto the ceiling and climb ontop of a nearby light fixture. Using its electrical energy, Pikachu manages to overload the electrical circuit shutting down all the battlefield's lighting. With darkness as Ash's new ally, Pikachu strikes down with a Thunderbolt attack. Espeon is unable to notice the attack and takes direct damage. A Zap Cannon accelerates towards Pikachu's last position as Pikachu halts its attack and evades Espeon's attack. Another Thunderbolt attack strikes down electricuding Espeon another time. Pikachu strikes down a devasting Iron Tail as the stadium lighting recovers from the outage. Pikachu finishes the battle with one electrifying Volt Tackle as Espeon moves to defend against the attack with its Zap Cannon. Pikachu manages to evade the final Zap Cannon attack and strikes forward knocking Espeon unconscious and unable to battle.

As the day concludes, Ash is presented with a new Battle Coin. With a handshake of a lifetime, Ash and everyone part ways from Lila and head towards Ash's final destination, the Battle Pyramid. As Ash departs into the distance, Lila takes a glance at her hand and blushes. "Saigo made boku no kimochi wa yomenakatta ne, Satoshi". "Until the end, you weren't able to read my feelings, were you, Satoshi"

Last edited:
That was Zap Cannon, not Shadow Ball. And at no time did Ash call for Tackle from Tauros. Please, if you're going to write this stuff, you should at least be more accurate. I'm surprised that what with the Japanese translation at the end (the accuracy of which is now called into question), you never bothered to get the attacks right. That's fundamental to synopsis-writing.

I like your criticism/suggestions regarding the attacks, geodude... I have only two things to say; #1: I don't have a whole lot of knowledge regarding to attacks in the anime; how the look, etc, thats why I usually have to refer to dexs, etc. #2: As for the Tauros i.e. tackling; I was just referring to the general attack, couldn't really think of another appropriate word @ 5am in the morning...

was editied to reflect your changes... lol

btw, the last line is correct...

You probably are right, I usually check with multiple other people, but not many are around that early in the morning, lol.

I didn't really review the episode; so I suppose I will now.

It was a decent episode overall; I mean, even including the small little shippish activity, but besides that; there are some aspects I didn't like about the battle; including when the lights go out in the stadium and eefi is unable to see in the dark (hence, a family of teh cats); anyways, but pikachu can... and what the hell is up with the lights coming back on... I thought pika shattered them... w/e

Last edited:
Ignore the look of the attacks, just listen to their name, and look it up in pocketmonsters.net's handy reference guide if you don't know what it is.

Well if you've watched a lot of Japanese episodes, you should know the names of at least common attacks by now. Moves like denkosekka, tai tari, joo mam boruto, and mizou deppou (Quick Attack, Tackle, Thunderbolt, and Water Gun) are used and said often and are pretty easy to figure out. And the aforementioned Japanese reference guide is extremely useful. By paying good attention to what you're doing and following Adamant's advice, you should be pretty close to 100% accurate in attack names.

And I hope you don't mind my criticism, all I'm doing is trying to help you improve. Which brings me to another thing...you kind of have a tendency to be a bit flowery and overly descriptive, which isn't really necessary. You're writing a synopsis, not a story. All you really need to do is state what happened, using descriptions where necessary, enough so the reader can understand what's going on, but not too much so that it seems more like a story.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom