• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG175-178 Credits and Summaries

Quagbert

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Source: http://f42.aaa.livedoor.jp/~imawaka/imgboardphp/src/1146977196463.jpg
(Alternatively, http://f42.aaa.livedoor.jp/~imawaka/imgboardphp/futaba.php?res=3337)

Note: Seeing as how Newtype got a few things wrong with last month's episodes (two Animators left out for AG171, wrong Director and Storyboarder for AG173, and wrong Storyboarder and Animator(s) for AG174) the actual onscreen credits may differ from what's shown below.

AG175 - ロケット団解散!?それぞれの道! Team Rocket Dispands!? Respecive Roads!
またまたピカチュウゲットに失敗したロケット団。ムサシ、コジロウ、ニャースの3人はお互いのダメさ加減を改めて実感し、ロケット団の解散を決意する。
Team Rocket has failed time and time again to get Pikachu. (Something about each other's hopelessness) Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyarth decide to break up.
Air Date: 5/11/06
Screenplay: 大橋志吉 Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard: 入好さとる Satoru Iriyoshi
Director: 秦義人 Yoshito Hata
Animation: 志村泉, 船津弘美 Izumi Shimura, Hiromi Funatsu
(Hiromi Funatsu is a fairly new Animation Supervisor who first worked with Shimura, Masaaki Iwane, and Toshihito Hirooka on the Deoxys Special)

AG176 - タケシ&サトシ!タッグバトルでニビジムを守れ!! Takeshi and Satoshi! Protect Nibi Gym in a Tag Battle!!
バトルピラミッドを目前にしたサトシたちは、タケシの実家、ニビジムがあるニビシティに立ち寄った。すると、ニビジムは悪趣味な外観になってしまっていた。弟たちの話によると、ジムリフォーマーと名のる怪しい業者が、タケシの両親をうまく言いくるめて改装したらしい。
With the Battle Pyramid before their very eyes, Satoshi-tachi drop by Nibi City, home of Takeshi and location of the Nibi Gym, only to find that the Gym's exterior has become a disgrace. (Younger brothers' story...former Gym Leader...suspicious merchant...both of Takeshi's parents...remodeling...)
Air Date: 5/18/06
Screenplay: 松井亜弥 Aya Matsui
Storyboard: 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
Director: 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
Animation: 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane

AG177 - バトルピラミッド!VSレジロック!! Battle Pyaramid! VS Regirock!!
サトシたちは旅の途中、古代の地下通路に落ちてしまう。サトシが遺跡のワナにかかり、ピンチに陥っていたところを、伝説のポケモン、レジロックを使う男ジンダイによって助けられた。彼から気の緩みを指摘されるサトシだったが。。。
Along on their journey, Satoshi-tachi fall into an ancient underground passage. When Satoshi falls in a trap among ancient ruins, he is rescued by Jindai, a man who uses the legendary Pokémon, Regirock. (Something along the lines of Satoshi identifying him, I think...)
Air Date: 5/26/06
Screenplay: 米村正二 Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard: 大山和弘 Kazuhiro Ōyama
Director: 大山和弘 Kazuhiro Ōyama
Animation: 船津弘美, 広岡歳仁 Hiromi Funatsu, Toshihito Hirooka

AG178 - 驚異!巨大ケッキングの山!! Marvel! Mountain of the Giant Kekking!!
セキエイ高原をめざすサトシたちは、農夫に追われて逃げているエイパムの群れに遭遇し、ハルカは大切なリボンケースをエイパムたちに奪われてしまった。農夫から話を聞くと、以前はおとなしかった山のポケモンたちが、最近は集団で果樹園を荒らすようになったのだという。
As Satoshi-tachi aim for the Sekiei (Indigo) Plateau, they encounter a group of Aipom being chased by a peasant, and Haruka's all-important ribbon case is stolen by these Aipom. (Excite's translation of the last sentence: "It is said that Pokemons in an obedient mountain came to ruin the orchard in the group recently before when the story is heard from the farmer.")
(Since this episode involves Aipom, and an Aipom appears in the current opening, perhaps Haruka catches one?)
Air Date: 6/8/06
Screenplay: 藤田伸三 Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard: 渡辺正彦 Yoshito Hata
Director: 秦義人 Masahiko Watanabe
Animation: 志村泉 Izumi Shimura

As always, better translations will be greatly appreciated, and major thanks to WWWJDIC's Multiradical Kanji Lookup.

Sadly, the Pewter City battle sounds more intriguing than the Pyramid battle.

I'll second that notion. It's about time they did something more with the Nibi gym/Takeshi's family.

Too bad it doesn't state who Ash and Brock will be battling against.

Since it seems from that translation that "both of Takeshi's parents" are changing things this time, maybe it's against them.

Woopert said:
(Since this episode involves Aipom, and an Aipom appears in the current opening, perhaps Haruka catches one?)

I think it's more of a coincidence. That Aipom was clearly there primarily for the pun about a hand of cards.

It wouldn't surprise me if she caught it before the Grand Festival and then decided to cheat her ass off and win with it but she doesn't really need another sharked Pokemon with Squirtle and Eevee on deck.

The description for the Battle Pyramid makes me doubt Ash is going to win. It doesn't sound like a battle episode at all, could end up with 5 minutes for a battle at the end and Ash losing.

Although I can't think of any way other than a two-parter that could really give them the time this battle deserves.

She only had 4 Pokemon for the Hoenn GF, she only has 4 for the Kanto one too. I very much doubt the writers will give a pathetic Johto Pokemon like Aipom to one of the main characters.

Aipom rocks!

Well okay, maybe not GAME Aipom, but ANIME Aipom is teh greetist! What other Pokemon can give you the finger with its tail?

...Maybe Ninetales, but there's no fun in that!

Since Aipom appeared after Pikachu's attack in the opening, then if anyone were to catch the thing then it would be Ash.
But I don't think anyone would catch it, so it's all irrelevant for me.

I must also admit that the Nibi Gym episode sounds much more interesting than the following episode. Oh, the irony.

The Gym's exterior has become a disgrace this time? Gotta love the originality.

It still looks like an interesting episode, though.

Who cares if it's a recycle of the Hoso ep? 'Cause that ep ROCKED.

I'm just happy to see them using the Pewter Gym and its dysfunctional family again, especially since the last time they were referenced, it seemed that Ludicolo had eaten Flint.

That reminds me, it's time for a Ludicolo reprise too. ;)

How can you like Aipom, IT HAS A FREAKIN HAND COMING OUT OF IT"S ASS!

Anyway, I wonder if the "mysterious" merchant is the Magikarp Guy.

Habunake said:
How can you like Aipom, IT HAS A FREAKIN HAND COMING OUT OF IT"S ASS!
That's what makes it so great. :-D

Anyway, I wonder if the "mysterious" merchant is the Magikarp Guy.
The Magikarp Seller isn't very mysterious. My theory is Flint's back to selling rocks. (Because you can't have a Pewter City entrance without him.)

Heh. Flint ought to at least try a different disguise, or to sell something different. We all know when he exiles himself like that, it's 'cause of some problem at home which Brock has to fix...again. I dunno which is worse - his mother's tampering with the Gym or his father's seemingly nonexistent will when it comes to his mother. Still, I'm hoping for a good battle. It's really too bad Brock seems to be the only one concerned about its reputation or at least doesn't want it changed. His brother's mentioned, so it'll be cool to see him again.

Edit: Former Gym Leader? Does that mean Forrest actually did take over? Still begs the question what he'd do with a Crobat.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom