• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG181 title revealed

They could skip matches, but what's the point? I sure as hell don't want to watch a tournament with 3-4 skipped matches. I was annoyed when Anthony's match was only 5 seconds long in the Hoenn GF match.

She could come in the Top 4 granted, but I still think she'll only battle Harley and a filler coordinator before Drew. The appeals and character interaction have always been a bigger part of Contests than the battles.

Scott85 said:
I would think either Drew or Harley would mention Robert throughout the Contest arc if he were to show up. Drew considers Robert his biggest rival, especially after the speech he made in the Hoenn GF after he lost to him, and the writers would foreshadow it.
I don't see a reason why Harley would, but Drew, yes. Trouble is, we saw hardly anything of Drew during the BF. We cannot be sure one way or the other if Robert will be attending. Robert had a fairly unknown background in the original series except for one contest cameo and that bit with Snorunt. Really, because he's been relatively quiet throughout most of AG and BF as a character, his chance of appearing is like flipping a coin.

I have to say that Robert came out of Left Field, in my opinion. Except for perhaps defeating Drew once in a contest (foreshadowing, dun-dun-daaaa), nobody new about him. He's like Tyson 10-fold. So, in that light, reusing him to beat Drew isn't necessarily bad, but I think they can do better. And by better, I mean the whole May vs. Drew confrontation showdown that needs more hype.

And it might be worth it to mention that while Drew may consider Robert a rival, I can't see Robert sharing the same sentiments. He seems more like the personification of a dedicated coordinator.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom