• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG183 title revealed

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
According to Pokeani, the title of AG183 is revealed today:

ペラップとポケモン漫才!
Perap and Pokemon Comic Dialogue!

This episode is to be aired on July 20.

On July 13, Movie 8 will be aired instead of the normal AG airing.

I didn't think any of the Manaphy movie pokes would be featured in the anime yet. I'm sure everyone is going to greatly anticipate the antics of our favorite parrot.

Looks like we're going to be seeing an ep like the MQ Kecleon/Wynaut eps.

And YAY that we are. :) Perap is a damn cool Pokemon already and a whole ep for it makes me happy.

Also:

I didn't think any of the Manaphy movie pokes would be featured in the anime yet. I'm sure everyone is going to greatly anticipate the antics of our favorite parrot.

The movie is out the week before anyways, so this is presumably a bit of a plug for it.

PPK said:
On July 13, Movie 8 will be aired instead of the normal AG airing.

Great. Another week with no new episode? -_-

Ugh, when is the exact date for Movie 9 anyway?

They aired Destiny Deoxys at the same time last year. At least we won't be getting as many gaps this time.

Sounds like a fun episode.

I see, so the movie comes out between that Aipom filler and this new Perap episode. Meaning the 9th movie probably takes place in Kanto as well.

Figured that they would have fillers between the end of the Grand Festival and before the Pyramid, because the gang have to be "on the road" so the 9th movie fits in at the right time.

Scott85 said:
I see, so the movie comes out between that Aipom filler and this new Perap episode. Meaning the 9th movie probably takes place in Kanto as well.

Considering the heavy sea theme in the movie, my guess is that they find themselves off near the Sevii Isles or Seafoam Islands etc. Around there.

Geographically, if we're going from where we are right now in the anime (though that's not really the best indication), they could take a ship from the Tojho falls area out to sea.

Though in Heroes we found ourselves out in Altomare randomly that was shown to be litterally the middle of no-where out in the ocean, so they could get away with it just as easily now as they did then.

Doctor Oak said:
Though in Heroes we found ourselves out in Altomare randomly that was shown to be litterally the middle of no-where out in the ocean, so they could get away with it just as easily now as they did then.
The Pokémon anime world map recently distributed in Japan provides us with Altomare's location - Cherrygrove's sea side. The episode preceding the movie premiere was Ryūgū Gym! Battle in the Water! - where we saw the group arrive at sea after having made their path from Blackthorn. This is indeed a match.

The upcoming movie's sea setting is bound to have geographical repercussions on the preceding Aipom episode, this Perrap episode and eventually the entire remaining arc of the Battle Frontier (if it can indeed be called so by now). The Battle Frontier series was orchestrated in such a way that Kanto's sea parts have already been visited (Seafoam Islands - Battle Palace). Therefore, another transition seems to be in order - one that will have to take place in the Aipom-centric episode.

The transition from Hoenn to Kanto was smooth and brief, owing to Ash's pattern of returning home after an accomplishment. But the Enishida and the Battle Frontier! episode also served to introduce a new objective in the journey. This time, Ash has yet to accomplish much of anything at the Battle Pyramid (so the same objective still stands), but at present, there is no telling what the new direction is (Scott did not indulge Ash as to the Battle Pyramid's new location).

It is rather plain to see that I am an advocate of a Sevii Islands adventure. As much as I have come not to put my trust in the writers, Brandon's fondness of ruins (Ruin Valley and Tanoby Ruins) and Ho-oh's affinity to the islands (Navel Rock) cannot be coincidental. As for what could sway Ash to opt for the new destination - I suspect Aipom's involvement in the Grand Festival episodes and the nostalgic sight of Indigo Plateau (contrary to what has been done with the rest of Kanto) are to blame. Players of FireRed and LeafGreen may also have a good idea in mind as to how the jump from Indigo Plateau to Sevii Islands would be a sensible one.

LightningTopaz said:
Does comic in this sense mean comedy routine?

English title prediction:

Perap-idfire Dialogue! (rapidfire dialogue, a staple of comedy)

It depends on what English name Nintendo gives it. And hopefully when they take over the anime, we won't have any more crappy pun titles.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom