• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG190: Deciding Match! VS Regice!!

Everyone was talking about it in other threads.

Bulbasaur beat Dusclops.
Squirtle beat Ninjask
Solrock beat Squirtle, and tied with Bulbasaur.
Pikachu beat Regiice.

Ash turned down the Brain offer.

Yeah I know...and your thread is more specific, we didn't have a traditional ep thread yet. :p

I want to know what was in the D/P ad at the end.

I read on Pokeani's episode guide that it was just stuff about Pokémon and attacks they know. Gonbe with Shadow Ball, Manyula with Shadow Claw, Roserade with Leaf Storm.

Yeah, a girl I knew said their was nothing special.

They fucked up the flashbacks in this....

Last edited:
All the Battle Frontier Arc for this:

27y51c7.jpg

and the episode ends with this scene:

27y51sp.jpg

and there wasn't any Hall of Fame or anything like it...

Maybe when he battles the Elite 4...

...whenever the hell that is.

It's up on You Tube if any of you want to watch it there. The ending was kinda dull and since Ho-oh wasn't in this ep it most likely will be in one of the next 2. The only Bulbasaur flashback I recognized was it battling exeggutor from Charmander's evolution ep.

Oh well...

I guess we can now say with certainty that Ash is going to be in D/P. The fact that the entire BF arc has been just to get a cool plastic plaque in a nice frame indicates that the Powers That Be have decided that Ash's eternal, endless and goalless journey is to continue. :banghead:

It would have been nice to have Ash get a new ranking as a result of his achievement. I understood that very few Trainers pass the Battle Frontier test. Maybe he could have some measure of formal seniority credited to him that might change how his journey in the D/P region worked (for example: Only the new gal has to get badges - Ash's seniority makes him pre-qualified for the regional League).

Ah well! Ash vs. May next week, just to satisfy those who have wanted the two of them to settle it since the Balance Badge two-parter. Then off to D/P land so Ash can *gasp* catch some new Pokémon and *shock-horror* collect eight gym badges!

Note: There is a no-prize for spotting the sarcasm in the above post. ;-)

This episode, and the previous one, is one of those rare times where 4Kids changing the flashbacks would've actually been a good thing.

Don't forget, guys, there WAS a big prize at the end of the BF, the chance to become a Brain, but Ash turned it down.

Ben, was the sarcasm...everywhere? :p

Did you notice that in all those flashbacks Ash have his AG clothes? And in battle with Arbok, there were May and Max on background. Yes, those flashbacks were the strangest thing I've ever seen in Pokémon anime.

Only the new gal has to get badges - Ash's seniority makes him pre-qualified for the regional League).

You do realize that if that were the case, he would turn down the title and still try to get the badges, right?

In last weeks episode, the Charizard vs Articuno flashback showed Satoshi in "Pokémon" clothes, rather than his AG outift.

I just saw it, and thought it was pretty good. The battles were nice, but who didn't see the whole Solar Beam vs Solar Beam thing coming?

Speaking of random flashback clothing (yeah, those were weird flashbacks)... Is it bad that I'm excited to see what new clothes they're gonna get? ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom