• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG191: Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle!!

It was from one of those comics I think.

Like the one with Tucker and Greta like a few months back?

The manga adaptation? o.o What I'm the most unclear on is how they say AG ends. They end up running into TR and they get blasted off again, but they seem to keep mentioning Ash and May, although they also say that there still is no sign of Ash in DP itself.

The preview doesn't work for me, either.

This sounds like its going to be a very interesting episode. Unfortunately I'm 100 episodes behind. I'm hoping to go on a mass viewing spree before school starts so I can get caught up.

That most definantly looks like it's going to be evolution. It's got that whole Combuskens too weak so it needs to take it up a notch thing going.

Worth the price of admission

It should be interesting to see what happens. I'm not sure how animé contests work (I've seen a few of the episodes, but it wasn't made too clear). However, I do realise that it isn't the type-vs-type issue of true battles, it is a contest of strength and the ability to create really spectacular shows with your Pokémon's attacking power.

If I was asked to bet on an outcome it would be this - Ash wins, but barely, or the match ends in a sort-of draw just to create a justification for May to return to Houen to 'keep training'. Meanwhile, Ash heads off to D/P land and runs into the new gal at the start of the next eppie.

May and Max are only returning to Hoenn to visit their parents. The entire group is splitting up in the next episode.

Flashback to, "A Scheme Team" and the same exact thing happened there.

May isn't going to stay in Hoenn, she's going to continue doing Contests. Whether she goes to Johto or Shinou remains to be seen.

Why not?

May isn't going to stay in Hoenn, she's going to continue doing Contests. Whether she goes to Johto or Shinou remains to be seen.
I must say that I don't understand why it is so impossible that May should want to train and perfect her co-ordinator skills in Houen (where, after all, the Contest concept originated before being exported to the rest of the Pokémon world). The only reason for her not to do so is this odd philosophy of the animé's that one should challenge yourself with a new region before you have even mastered the old.

No matter where May goes, I strongly feel that she is going to be leaving the main stream of the show, her place taken by Hikari. What about the Super Contests you cry? Why not have Hikari compete in them? Or Brock? Or even Ash? Both boys are apparently qualified.

I must say that I don't understand why it is so impossible that May should want to train and perfect her co-ordinator skills in Houen (where, after all, the Contest concept originated before being exported to the rest of the Pokémon world). The only reason for her not to do so is this odd philosophy of the animé's that one should challenge yourself with a new region before you have even mastered the old.

Because well, we know she isn't. She's already competed in the Hoenn Grand Festival and the only reason she's going there is to visit her parents. This is made known in AG190.

Contests are apparently in every region in the anime, (Johto has Contests now too!), which is why people are debating whether or not May goes to Johto or Shinou. A strong point of her going to Shinou is the writers have the brand new Super Contests to showcase in the D/P games, and May was given the mascot of the D/P. (Munchlax)

No matter where May goes, I strongly feel that she is going to be leaving the main stream of the show, her place taken by Hikari. What about the Super Contests you cry? Why not have Hikari compete in them? Or Brock? Or even Ash? Both boys are apparently qualified.

Handing the Contest arc to someone else completely destroys all the character development given to May in AG1. It makes her character look pointless if they simply have another character steal her role away from her.

Hikari is not doing Contests, all the promotional images says she has a role connected to the legends. I also believe the writers have something better for Hikari than making her into a May-clone.

Ash will do Gyms as usual and Brock isn't interested in Contests. Brock is not going to be pushed into a leading role in the anime, he's going to stay in his sidekick role.

Just something I noticed (and correct me if I'm wrong): have the animators ever used the official US Pokemon logo on anything before, other than the Pokemon de English clips? The sign had the script and everything.

That being asked, Ash just wants to prove he's the best in everything, so he'd naturally enter a contest. He's fresh off a "I won a Battle Frontier plaque!" adrenaline rush.

I can't wait to see Ash enter in a contest, I've always wanted to see that happen. I hear it ends in a tie, so that's pretty good for a first timer, sad though for May since it took her a long time and she ends in a tie with a first timer =/

Ash is good at countering the strategies of others - something that would be a big help to him with the points system.

But we got a tie in the May/Jessie contest battle and they continued the battle in that case...

Ash watched all of May's Contests so he knows how they work. It is no surprise he'd make it to the final round.

I think the tie was a great idea. It shows that May is a worthy opponent to Ash and it shows that Ash can't just enter a Contest and knock May into oblivion.

Plus, it was probably a given that they would tie since neither of them need a Contest ribbon.

Well, he didn't watch all of them. Sometimes he was outside the stadium training his Pokémon.

I've been wanting Ash to do a contest ever since he denounced Contest as being easy.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom