• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG191: Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle!!

It would make sense since the Kanto GF just ended.

Maybe the official Contest halls don't start up again until a few months, because their competition ended recently.

It could be just an exhibition Contest where coordinators practice while waiting for the Contest halls to open up officially again.

I have to say that I can't see how they can make a tied result work unless, as Scott85 suggests, it isn't really a competitive match.

Oh - an idea how to resolve ties in Contests. The winner is the Cooridinator who has scored the highest net number of appeals (calculated as the total number of appeals won minus the the total number lost due to the action of opposing Pokémon).

I mean, it's Sceptile vs Blaziken!

Of course it will be a VERY heated battle!

Agreed. The battle is going to rock even though they tie.

Anyone who thinks a Sceptile Vs. Blaziken battle won't be good is kidding themselves. Especially with how awesome Combusken used to be.

Probably because they don't want Ash to beat May or vice versa anymore.

They've been doing this with them since late Hoenn. I don't think they've actually finished a battle together since very early Hoenn when Taillow beat Beautifly.

If Ash wins, then May fans will complain because she is more experienced in contest and has type advantage, if May wins then Ash fans will complaing because he beat a Ledgendary last episode.

Their is no winning it for the writers.

And...it goes against the "last hurrah" theory.

Well, hopefully anyway. o_O

If Ash wins, then May fans will complain because she is more experienced in contest and has type advantage, if May wins then Ash fans will complaing because he beat a Ledgendary last episode.

Their is no winning it for the writers.

Dam striaght, I'd be ticked off if May won over Ash who is experinced and has been a trainer far longer and just beat one of the best Brains. So I guess I'm glad it ends in a tie =/

I don't know why, but I got the feeling that the prize of the contest is tickets for Shinou....

^^^
Lol, I said that earlier as well. I was joking of course.....OR WAS I!

It is possible that one of the coordinators in this episode could mention Super Contests.

If that happens, we know May will be in the next saga.

Everybody hates that kid, I hope he goes the way of Brendan and only gets 3 second cameos in movies.

The fact that we have had two contests since the GF seems to support it.

I disagree. It doesn't make sense to leave your heroine doing nothing for the last 10 episodes of AG while Ash gets all the spotlight.

May's ending theme also ran through the end of AG, so it makes sense to see May doing something.

One episodes tells us where her rivals are going, and the other has her Combusken evolving into Blaziken. Both were pivotal episodes and needed to be done.

"Rivals Forever" was needed and giving us a contest battle after the Registeel Pyramid battle was fine. But was this contest really needed? Did Combusken even need to evolve at this point?

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom