• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Agree or Disagree

Agreed. Though, I hate when some corny remix of a good song gets popularity than the latter.

The Pokémon we catch might be bits of data, but in our hearts, they are our best friends.

it honestly depends. if the title is just an exaggeration of what happened, i feel like it's much more forgivable than just a lie. not to mention that due to the omnipotent algorithm, clickbait is kinda necessary to survive and make a living on youtube. if we're talking content farm channels, those are always run by companies, so they should automatically go to hell by default.

you don't have to understand the lyrics of a song to like it

Yes of course, lyrics aren't all, music is music.

People should stop worrying about "character design" so much and think about the characters themselves

How ? It's not because a character is ugly or has a "boring design" that it's gonna be badly-written. Characters from books don't even need a physical appearance to be interesting, this is just shallowness.

Back to the topic : I think it depends. When it's used to hide a bad singer's lack of talent it's not a good thing but otherwise it's just a special effect.

Muse is overrated

Can't answer that myself, unfortunately. Never heard of a single work from them at the moment.

How ? It's not because a character is ugly or has a "boring design" that it's gonna be badly-written. Characters from books don't even need a physical appearance to be interesting, this is just shallowness.
As you've mentioned, in a literary medium like fiction (i.e. books or typed media), this rings true since unless the medium in question has illustrations to contextualize the situation; the audience isn't really expected to judge the characters physically, since that's entirely left up to the audience's interpretation unless the narrative is trying to accentuate a certain character's appearance.
However, in a more visually-expressive medium that doesn't entirely run on text or narration; such as cartoons/anime, comic books, and video games, character design is essential. It isn't necessarily a higher priority than characterization; as toastedghost said: they go hand-in-hand, but what a character looks like and/or how they bounce off and distinguish themselves from the rest of the cast should be what helps make them distinct. Hypothetically speaking: if a cartoon goes out of its way to make every character identical, yet with differing personalities and interests; then from a face-point view it won't be interesting for the audience and/or would-be newcomers, because from the looks of it everyone is the same character but with a different voice and/or gimmick.

At times, psychological horror feels increasingly distinct from mainstream horror.

Last edited:
Yes, they feel like two different genres sometimes.

However, in a more visually-expressive medium that doesn't entirely run on text or narration; such as cartoons/anime, comic books, and video games, character design is essential. It isn't necessarily a higher priority than characterization; as toastedghost said: they go hand-in-hand, but what a character looks like and/or how they bounce off and distinguish themselves from the rest of the cast should be what helps make them distinct. Hypothetically speaking: if a cartoon goes out of its way to make every character identical, yet with differing personalities and interests; then from a face-point view it won't be interesting for the audience and/or would-be newcomers, because from the looks of it everyone is the same character but with a different voice and/or gimmick.
I agree with that, naturally. But I was thinking of the recent trend that consists in judging characters (who all look distinct from each other) solely based on their physical appearance, putting the pretty ones above the others and hiding that mindset behind the "character design" excuse.
People seem to mainly do this in ranking videos.

Staraptor's cry is hilarious

So AGREE. So hard agree I had to blast through the wall to tell you this. I honestly don't like holidays at all, I am just too tired to celebrate and I dislike noise, it doesn't make me strange for God's sake. (Also, can summer come quicker? There are so pleasantly few holidays in summer, at least where I live)

Pokemon needs to return to scary adult villains who aren't misunderstood or 'taking things too far' but simply evil, in various ways

Agree!!!!!! I miss Team Cipher, kind of teams!!! I miss the feeling of impending doom, that something of major proportions was happening in the region.

I wish we could use Team Stars boss cars to fight and roam around Paldea.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom