• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Aim to Be a Pokémon Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG just realised if they air an episode a week this series will finish just before my baby’s due date :cry: My real jari boy may never share the world with the original jari boy, Pikachu or Rockets!

Too many emotions please send help…

Courteesy of Dephender on twitter

FkGBe7uacAEDtLf.png

Courteesy of Dephender on twitter

I hope that when they meet old characters there'll actually be something interesting happening with them rather than it just being a soulless nostalgia fanservice showcase like the Kanto episodes in SM. Though Journeys handled returns pretty well. But still, with character returns being the whole premise of this miniseries, I'm a little bit worried.

Kind of crazy that DRACOVISH would be Ash's final capture, lmao.
At the start of 2021 if I’m not mistaken (although without breaks it could even have been 2020).

No captures in Ash’s final 2,5 years in the series it seems, unless he does capture something in those final 11 episodes. It seems unlikely though, but not impossible.

Last edited:
This series does seem interesting. All the characters returning is nice, but we did get it in Journeys. I feel this may be something for memory lane or maybe flashbaks where Ash talks Brock and Misty through everything, but even if it is in person travelling, I'd really like to see if Ash goes to Paldea or if there's a timeskip(eg: He is undefeated for 10 years like Leon, he opens a battle academy, he travels the world and beats leagues, etc). I feel this series will close ash and pikachu's main character arc and will make them side characters for the new characters to be mentored by or inspired by them. That or he's gone forever, but they did say when Ash is a Pokemon Master, the series will end, so my guess is that he won't be 10 anymore

This is such a big change, but makes me slightly annoyed at how they handled Journeys.

If this was the goal from the start, why have him catch a team of 6 and herald them as his best when they could have spent the season developing and bringing in all his past Pokémon. Oh well… Bon voyage Ash!

This is such a big change, but makes me slightly annoyed at how they handled Journeys.

If this was the goal from the start, why have him catch a team of 6 and herald them as his best when they could have spent the season developing and bringing in all his past Pokémon. Oh well… Bon voyage Ash!
I think that's the sad part. The idea of Ash leaving the series will always be controversial, but the notion of Journeys being Ash's swan song doesn't sit well with me. In fact, if you watch the final episode of diamond and pearl, you would see a more fitting conclusion than what we have seen as far, and likely what we probably will see in the next 11 episodes. If you're going to write Ash out, you need to give him a series that leads to that conclusion.

Despite seeing the initial news on Serebii, I did not see this as the "final chapter" for Ash. I thought it was just going to be a special mini-series and I wrote off the new characters as just not wanting to feature Ash right away in the marketing. So imagine my shock when I saw both the headline from Bulbanews and the translation of the tweet from the Pokemon TV Animation Team when I quickly wanted to check out the reception to the news here. At least they may give Ash and his friends a bit more screentime together before they start the new series, but like I said in the general thread, I'm still processing all of this and it is a lot to take in this early in the morning.

Misty’s weird MIA status in JN is made up for here at least, my new question is why go to old regions to see “Pokémon they’ve bonded with” when nearly all of them are with them, Oak’d or Kukui’d
That phrase makes me pretty convinced the Latias we see in the preview is the same one from movie 5. Would provide some solid proof of the movie being canon in the process.

Gotta say, props to TPCi for finally embracing the fact they can't hold onto the news for the western airing, and straight-up doing multisubs for this (and not just English!).

A "victory lap" series was something I've always wanted, and since Journeys sorta half-butted that role, I'm glad we're getting a full epilogue mini-series dedicated to it. 11 episodes still seems kinda short on paper, but I was satisfied by Tomioka's work and co. to close the XYZ series after the Kalos League, so I'm carefully optimistic about this one.

Really the end of an era…

Such a bittersweet thing to wake up to, but I’m happy they made such a bold decision to really wrap everything up here. To have the final chapter come as I finally reach adulthood gives me a feeling I can’t even begin to describe in one post.

Fingers crossed they are able to give every MC a satisfying send off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom