• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Aim to Be a Pokémon Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, if they have Ash catch a Legendary in these episodes, I bet it's going to be Ho-Oh, in the very last one. Like, the very last scene of the last episode will be of Ho-Oh allowing itself to be caught in one of Ash's Poke Balls, having judged him worthy of being its Trainer after following him around all this time.

Also, am I the only one who thinks they might reveal who Ash's dad is during this arc?
Honestly, Ash catching Ho-oh would feel rather empty considering Ho-oh's insignificance and Ash's lack of interest in it throughout the whole anime. Yeah, Ash mentioned his first encounter with it a few times when prompted, and it's a very iconic part of how his adventure started, but that's about it. I think Ho-oh's cameo in the most recent episode is an adequate recognition of its role in Ash's adventure.

Catching Latias would make more sense since Ash does have an actual bond with it, but it'd still feel kinda iffy. A reunion would be cool, don't get me wrong, but Latias joining Ash at the tail end of the series feels kinda pointless and would feel more like fanfic bait than anything.

Honestly, Ash catching Ho-oh would feel rather empty considering Ho-oh's insignificance and Ash's lack of interest in it throughout the whole anime. Yeah, Ash mentioned his first encounter with it a few times when prompted, and it's a very iconic part of how his adventure started, but that's about it. I think Ho-oh's cameo in the most recent episode is an adequate recognition of its role in Ash's adventure.
I agree. Ho-Oh holds symbolic significance to Ash, not really any physical meaning.
Catching Latias would make more sense since Ash does have an actual bond with it, but it'd still feel kinda iffy. A reunion would be cool, don't get me wrong, but Latias joining Ash at the tail end of the series feels kinda pointless and would feel more like fanfic bait than anything.
I admit, I'm not thinking the capture is likely, but out of any Legendary Pokémon he's ever met, Latias would definitely be the most likely one to join him, given the bond they share. Also, and I know this is a personal opinion, but Latias is amongst my favorite Legendary Pokémon, so that is why I can't help but hold onto a tiny shred of hope.

I'm hoping this gives them the chance to remaster satoshis Kanto and Johto episodes into true HD now.

I'm curious about what Misty's interactions with Ash will be like. They have grown as characters over the years (Ash himself has become a lot less arrogant) but it would be fun to hear them argue or snark at each other at least once.

I feel like they did a really good job with this during SM, particularly in the gym battle episode. Ash and Misty teased each other quite a bit, but it was more playful than it was in the OS when they were really going at one another. To me, that really showed how much they've both grown while also keeping that aspect of their relationship in tact.

"In my case he got a badge out of pity" remains one of my all time favorite lines, not just from Misty but the whole show. I actually burst out laughing the first time I heard it, and still smirk every time I rewatch the episode.

Serena was Ash’s first companion.
The emphasis on Misty being Ash’s first companion has me worried.
The blurbs are specifically referring to traveling companions, in which case, yes, Misty falls under that category. Serena wasn't even Ash's first companion in Kalos: that title goes to Clemont and Bonnie.

I don't think there's anything in particular to be worried about here. This mini-series seems to star the original traveling group from the first season: its a throwback and it completes the circle; Ash started his journey with Misty and Brock and now he's ending his story with Misty and Brock.

I’m happy that Croagunk is appearing! It bothered me a lot that it didn’t appear in Sun & Moon, since it was comically established in DP010 that Brock and Croagunk’s bond was almost as strong as Ash and Pikachu’s. I’m looking forward to seeing what Misty thinks of Croagunk. Maybe we can finally get a tag-team attack on Brock with Misty, Max, and Croagunk?

Serena was Ash’s first companion.
The emphasis on Misty being Ash’s first companion has me worried.
I hate to disagree with you but, no, Serena wasn't Ash's first companion. Yes, she knew him before all the others, but meeting him and being his traveling companion aren't the same thing. Misty, while she hasn't known Ash as long as Serena has, is still his first true traveling companion. (And the one who was him the longest, to boot.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom