• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Aim to Be a Pokémon Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy that Croagunk is appearing! It bothered me a lot that it didn’t appear in Sun & Moon, since it was comically established in DP010 that Brock and Croagunk’s bond was almost as strong as Ash and Pikachu’s. I’m looking forward to seeing what Misty thinks of Croagunk. Maybe we can finally get a tag-team attack on Brock with Misty, Max, and Croagunk?
Misty: (sees Brock flirting with a woman) For crying out loud, still

Misty goes to drag him away with the ear when Croagunk pops out of its Poke Ball and Poison Jabs him before dragging him off

Misty: Where were you in Alola?

I love how this subtly implies Professor Oak is Gary's partner Pokémon based on positioning xD
Serena was Ash’s first companion.
The emphasis on Misty being Ash’s first companion has me worried.
If the criteria for first companion is just a meeting, by that logic Delia is Ash's first companion because she birthed him and met him first.

Serena was Ash’s first companion.
The emphasis on Misty being Ash’s first companion has me worried.
Serena is absolutely not his first companion, they did not travel together until he went to the Kalos region. I get her and Satoshi getting together is like 95% of what you post about but at least know the backstories of the characters you fixate on.

Anyways to actually talk about something that has to do with this series, it’s super lame they’re just reusing artwork from PM19 for Satoshi and the Rockets but even more super lame that Kasumi and Takeshi just get their SM art- that isn’t even the correct art style!!

But it’s the most super lame that the Rocket trio just get some generic villain-of-the-day blurb instead of something about their specific characters. I’m not gonna read too much into it but I hope it isn’t reflecting what’s to come…

I'm happy to see that Daiki Tomiyasu, Sun and Moon director, is stepping down from his honorary Chief Director credit from Journeys, with that role going back to Kunihiko Yuyama, and coming back to be a proper director for the miniseries. I always thought SM was underappreciated and with Pokemon veteran Tomioka coming back as head writer, we might be in for a treat.

Fl72iI5aAAU9A0M

I know I said this before Pocket Monsters '19 started, but going off this screenshot it looks like maybe the Rockets' motto won't be stock animation every time? It's not super-stylized like XY or SM, and judging by the "abnormalities" like Kojiro holding Pikachu and having this weird armband on, plus Sonansu swinging from some sort of cable, it makes me feel like this is a unique sequence. I mean I guess Kojiro's pose is generic enough that they could just erase Pikachu in other episodes and Sonansu could be re-animated, but I'm trying to remain hopeful here!

Fl72iI5aAAU9A0M

I know I said this before Pocket Monsters '19 started, but going off this screenshot it looks like maybe the Rockets' motto won't be stock animation every time? It's not super-stylized like XY or SM, and judging by the "abnormalities" like Kojiro holding Pikachu and having this weird armband on, plus Sonansu swinging from some sort of cable, it makes me feel like this is a unique sequence. I mean I guess Kojiro's pose is generic enough that they could just erase Pikachu in other episodes and Sonansu could be re-animated, but I'm trying to remain hopeful here!
I hope Team Rocket gets a happy ending before this thing is through. (As in leaving Team Rocket to move on with their lives.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom