• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Airdate for the "Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon" Special revealed

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
According to Anime News Network, the Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon special will be broadcast on Cartoon Network on Friday, September 8th. No annoncement of what timeslot it'll air in has been made.

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Probably either 5:00 or on Fridays ( the block) as a movie.

Funnily, the voice of Ritchie is a host on that.

Kasumi

It's tasting time!
Reaction score
ZOMG.

Is ANN a reliable source for this, though?

(Hey, with all the fake pokemon floating around, I've become pretty much sceptical of everything I hear/read).

Tothenines

Reaction score
PUSA is sure getting us a lot of original animation, (Mastermind special, Mysterious Dungeon special), is this going to be an ongoing thing?

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I don't mind it

*wants a origin of Harley special involving Harley's dad beating him for putting on lipstick*

What, it'd be a cool special!

Or a May special about her secret life, "Barely Legal Elementry School Extra Credit Vol. 1"

Uhh....shocks me that May is a Grade Schooler...XD

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Scott85 said:
PUSA is sure getting us a lot of original animation, (Mastermind special, Mysterious Dungeon special), is this going to be an ongoing thing?
I think 4Kids was behind the Mastermind special, not PUSA. They were even prepared to dub it and everything.

ashita

Animal Carer
Reaction score
may i correct you
the USA keeps getting exclusive stuff
everyone else UK included gets nothing
we have not even got a party here for the 10th anniversary

The Big Al

Meteorologist
Reaction score
I think we're getting it to have it go with the release of MD here.

Ashfangirl17

Reaction score
Oh I've heard of this but didn't know whether or not its true. I hope it is, maybe another special on Ash, possibly about his father and him returning. They did say that we'd be learning about Ash father in time. Or maybe a special on Tracey's family since we don't know any thing about him, that would rock!

Tothenines

Reaction score
They're not going to make random specials about anything, this is not the Hoso series.

The only reason Mastermind was made was to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pokemon. The only reason this is being made is to promote the Mystery Dungeon games.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Exactly. I don't know how you (Ashfangirl17) figured we'd learn about Satoshi's father in a special that may not even feature Satoshi and the gang in the first place.

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I wonder if we'll get a Ranger special as well?

EDIT: Ashfangirl, why the hell would a Mysterious Dungeon special be about Tracey or Ash?

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Ah, that's right. Totally forgot about that.

I'm guessing PUSA will bill it as a special rather then two episodes.

Tothenines

Reaction score
They'll probably make it a 2-parter. Season 9 is 52 episodes and they'll need all the eps they can get without running into the D/P season.

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I don't think it was long enough for two seperate episodes though?

It was only 45 mintues.

Tothenines

Reaction score
A normal ep is around what...22 minutes? There's 8 minutes of commercial time.

45 minutes splits nicely into two 22 minute episodes.

GoldChaos

Reaction score
Hmmm... from my count, the Battle Frontier season may actually end up with 47 episodes(accounting for the Deoxys special split).

And speaking of specials, is The Pokemon Company going to try to fit in the Mastermind special over there somehow?

AtoMan

Away from Collective
Reaction score
Not only your count ;-)

They could add clip shows, etc. but that wouldn't extend 47 to 52...

Let's see:
Season 3 - 11 Orange eps + 41 PJJ eps
Season 6 - 12 MQ eps + 40 PA eps

...but PAB should have been splitted also (last few eps = P:BF), but 4kids didn't do that - probably money saving, they didn't want to make 2 different openings for 1 season... hope PUSA won't do it.

Hey, they could call Japanese animators to make additional 5 fillers for them! ^^

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Season 9 will just include the first five episodes of Diamond/Pearl. It's not that hard to figure out since the storyline has NEVER dictated when American seasons begin and end.