• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Airdate for the "Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon" Special revealed

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
According to Anime News Network, the Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon special will be broadcast on Cartoon Network on Friday, September 8th. No annoncement of what timeslot it'll air in has been made.

Probably either 5:00 or on Fridays ( the block) as a movie.

Funnily, the voice of Ritchie is a host on that.

PUSA is sure getting us a lot of original animation, (Mastermind special, Mysterious Dungeon special), is this going to be an ongoing thing?

I don't mind it

*wants a origin of Harley special involving Harley's dad beating him for putting on lipstick*

What, it'd be a cool special!

Or a May special about her secret life, "Barely Legal Elementry School Extra Credit Vol. 1"

Uhh....shocks me that May is a Grade Schooler...XD

Scott85 said:
PUSA is sure getting us a lot of original animation, (Mastermind special, Mysterious Dungeon special), is this going to be an ongoing thing?

I think 4Kids was behind the Mastermind special, not PUSA. They were even prepared to dub it and everything.

may i correct you
the USA keeps getting exclusive stuff
everyone else UK included gets nothing
we have not even got a party here for the 10th anniversary

Oh I've heard of this but didn't know whether or not its true. I hope it is, maybe another special on Ash, possibly about his father and him returning. They did say that we'd be learning about Ash father in time. Or maybe a special on Tracey's family since we don't know any thing about him, that would rock!

They're not going to make random specials about anything, this is not the Hoso series.

The only reason Mastermind was made was to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pokemon. The only reason this is being made is to promote the Mystery Dungeon games.

Exactly. I don't know how you (Ashfangirl17) figured we'd learn about Satoshi's father in a special that may not even feature Satoshi and the gang in the first place.

I wonder if we'll get a Ranger special as well?

EDIT: Ashfangirl, why the hell would a Mysterious Dungeon special be about Tracey or Ash?

Ah, that's right. Totally forgot about that.

I'm guessing PUSA will bill it as a special rather then two episodes.

They'll probably make it a 2-parter. Season 9 is 52 episodes and they'll need all the eps they can get without running into the D/P season.

I don't think it was long enough for two seperate episodes though?

It was only 45 mintues.

A normal ep is around what...22 minutes? There's 8 minutes of commercial time.

45 minutes splits nicely into two 22 minute episodes.

Hmmm... from my count, the Battle Frontier season may actually end up with 47 episodes(accounting for the Deoxys special split).

And speaking of specials, is The Pokemon Company going to try to fit in the Mastermind special over there somehow?

Not only your count ;-)

They could add clip shows, etc. but that wouldn't extend 47 to 52...

Let's see:
Season 3 - 11 Orange eps + 41 PJJ eps
Season 6 - 12 MQ eps + 40 PA eps

...but PAB should have been splitted also (last few eps = P:BF), but 4kids didn't do that - probably money saving, they didn't want to make 2 different openings for 1 season... hope PUSA won't do it.

Hey, they could call Japanese animators to make additional 5 fillers for them! ^^

Season 9 will just include the first five episodes of Diamond/Pearl. It's not that hard to figure out since the storyline has NEVER dictated when American seasons begin and end.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom