• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

All About Shinies!

What do you love the most about shinies?

• Collecting them!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Showing them off in battles!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rarity!

• Personal enjoyment

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Other (Trading them etc)

• Total voters

Claire386

Fairy Tamer
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Shiny Pokemon.. some Pokemon players hunt for them. Some players don't think shinies at all until they suddenly see one in the wild and then they'll get excited! Some players shiny hunt and some don't. What's your opinion of shinies and how valuable are they to you? Does it depends on the Pokemon that's shiny or does seeing any kind of shiny bring you excitement?

My relationship towards shinies is kind of weird.

I think they're lovely but two things have ruined the value of shinies in my eyes. One is the fact that it's become easier and easier and easier to farm shinies now. It used to be MUCH harder. This means shinies as a whole are less rare than they used to be, and what I valued shinies for the most was their rarity. Then the second thing that kinda ruins shinies for me is the fact that so many playe rs hack, which makes it harder to know when a shiny is legit or not.

On the whole though, I feel that the other main thing to value shinies for is the personal experience of catching one, not showing them off. There are only like 10-15 shinies where I prefer the shiny form over the original, but every time I look at a shiny Pokemon I caught I'll reminisce back to the moment I first caught it. So much of the value of shinies to me is also very personal.

Also what are your favorite shinies? I really like shiny Meowstic!

sddefault.jpg

I like shiny hunting, but I do kinda often just get lucky. For example, in Legends: Arceus I was training up Magikarp to lvl 90 for a stupid request by breaking ores, and I decided to deal with the Alpha Lucario before it attacked me, and it was shiny. And Lucario is my favorite Pokémon, so I have a Shiny Alpha Lucario! My favorite shiny, tho, is definitely Hisuian Zorua. I also remember, kinda recently, playing in Ultra Sun and getting a full-odds shiny Cubone because Kangaskhan wouldn’t appear in Wela Volcano Park (I didn’t even finish the Fire trial!) (I get that it has a 1% spawn chance, but I get 5% pretty easily so why not 1%?)

Back
Top Bottom