• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

All-Kalos team members?

How many Pokemon in your team are G6 species?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Two

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Three

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Four

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Five

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • All of 'em

Votes: 20 31.7%

• Total voters

Stratelier

Reaction score
On averge, how many members in your active Pokemon team are Kalos-native Gen 6 species?

Me, for example, I'd say about half of my team. Because as much as I want to give the G6 species (like Hawlucha) time to shine and try them out, Kalos also has a lot of old favorites (Absol, Riolu/Lucaro, Mienfoo, etc.) that I want to have on my XY team too.

So what about you guys?

Last edited:
I had all of them Gen 6, but after catching Yveltal I decided to switch Talonflame for Charmander because I want a Mega on my team during the E4 and Champion.

I actually almost went with an all-region team (but at the last second ended up with two Johto members). My team was Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Ampharos, Staraptor, and Granbull (what a blessing Fairy-type was for her), and even though I didn't go with nearly as many Gen 6 Pokemon as I thought I would, this might be my favorite in-game team I've ever raised.

If I ever replay the story I think I may do an all-Kalos team. There's still a ton of great Gen 6 Pokemon like Talonflame, Noivern and Sylveon I really want to try out.

All of them. My team is above my sig.

I have a strict rule to use only new Pokemon in any gen. And if they ever made a gen with only 6 Pokemon, then I'll be using those six :u

All except an Umbreon. I don't like having duplicate pokemon after transferring my old ones forward, so that means no new Absol or Mawile as well as many of the other ones that actually interest me.

My original plan was to use new pokémon only.

Ended up having Fennekin and Honedge as my only Gen 6ers, though.
(when I didn't need that rabbit-thing for HMs)

I haven't started yet, but I do plan on using all Kalos native Pokemons on my first run through.

My team only consists of Kalos Pokemon. Although I desperately wanted to have a Mega on my team, I didn't want to use past-gen Pokemon. I was really tempted to use Skuntank and Swalot on my team when I ran into their pre-evolutions, but I managed to do without them. My team is:

Greninja ~ Talonflame ~ Diggersby ~ Floette ~ Gogoat ~ Aegislash

All of them are really great.

I have a Pikachu that is going to hold evolite and go the distance for old time sakes(Yellow was my first version) but the rest will all be gen 6

2 badges in I'm running with Sylveon, Quilladin and Amaura. Already dropped Litleo out of frustration and Amaura is pushing its luck :p I'm thinking Skrelp and either goomy or Noibat....

I wanted a kalos exclusive team bu I have an Venusaur and I'm happy right now. That could still change and if it does in sticking to kalos exclusive but if not I'm happy with majority kalos.

Amaura (Amauro), Pangrogo (Panna), Inkay (no nickname yet), Venusaur (Saur), Vivillon (V) and Delphox (Krystal).

I'm in dire need of a water type...I didn't wanna use the monkeys. I would break the kalos exclusive for a Ducklet to raise simply because I haven't raised one and I'd like too.

Last edited:
Three for me. That'd be Greninja, Vivillon, and Talonflame.
The other three are Venusaur, Blaziken, and Lucario. I used them because they were gifts at a pretty decent level, and their typing range was decent for my team (other than a 2nd fire type, ahaha.)

Three: Chesnaught, Hawlucha, and Heliolisk. Might switch Chesnaught or Charizard for a Goodra or wait until game 2.

My team was: Chesnaught, Florges, Aegislash, Helioisk, Dragalge, and my only non-6th gen Charizard so I could have a megalution. After the E4 I replaced Florges with a Togekiss.

My first run through consisted of Gen VI Pokémon only--Chesnaught, Goodra, Talonflame, Sylveon, Aegislash, and Meowstic. (I also had Aurorus, Hawlucha, and Furfrou in rotation at one point.) There were only two instances where I used non-Gen VI Pokémon, but I was only using them for HM purposes.

I'll definitely use Pokémon from previous generations in future run throughs, though, because there are just so many that I want to use. Actually, I think my next run through won't have any Gen VI Pokémon at all. (Usually I like to use each starter at least once in different run throughs, but I'm personally so uninspired by Greninja and Delphox that I might skip out on that this generation.)

Only my loyal Frogadier. I seriously wanted to use more, but suddenly I found myself with a Charizard, a Gyarados, a free Lucario and a Blaziken. And a shiny and brave Ferroseed stolen the slot I was reserving for either Aegislash or Sylveon.

I had one non-Kalos pokemon, my Charizard (AJ). The Kalos pokemon I used were Chestnaught (Royal Guard), Pangoro (Kanji), Aegislash (Durandal), Talonflame (Talos) and Gogoat (Sleipnir)

Like others above me, I wanted all 6, but so far I have Greninja, Talonflame. I also have venusaur, lucario, and blaze kin. Last spot is tentative.

I've got five, probably mostly for the sake of running venusaur. I don't know why I want to run him but I do.

My Team right now is Goodra, Dragagle (what a hard to spell name, I probably got it wrong!), Heliolisk, Delphox, Venusaur, and Talonflame

It was a bit different earlier on, but I swapped talonflame in as a little babu because I needed to rebalance my team...I think I need to rebalance again though to more easily cover dragons with something other than a giant slimy ball of outraging slug dragon.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom