• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

All pokedex 3D Pro models

I still think any future 3DS main series game should use a more stylistic models. Masuda claims only 2D sprites are artistic, well, he should take a look at games like Skyward Sword and try to make that statement again. If he's more into making it look artistic, then Game Freak should go and make their own sprites.

I'm not saying these models aren't good, I just don't think the style would work well with human characters and other overworld objects.

I still think any future 3DS main series game should use a more stylistic models. Masuda claims only 2D sprites are artistic, well, he should take a look at games like Skyward Sword and try to make that statement again. If he's more into making it look artistic, then Game Freak should go and make their own sprites.

I'm not saying these models aren't good, I just don't think the style would work well with human characters and other overworld objects.

Slightly Off-Topic: Maybe they'll use human versions of the Pokemon Rumble models as overworld sprites.

How do you get the Pokémon? Is it the same stupid method that the regular Pokédex 3D uses (unlocks only one Pokémon a day)?

I hope all the Pokémon are unlocked from the start...

How do you get the Pokémon? Is it the same stupid method that the regular Pokédex 3D uses (unlocks only one Pokémon a day)?

All are there from the start.

All are there from the start.

Thanks! I am officially very excited for this!

I am so glad it has a "Dexter" voice. I just hope that it has the Pokémon's cries, and a map of all the regions (including the Sevii Isles) so it can show us the locations for every pokemon for every main game!

Nothing (too) wrong with the models themselves. It's mostly that choise in lighting and shadows that makes them look a bit awkward -- the space scenary is probably the worst one in that sector. I quite agree with The Outrage though; a more simplistic shading, like cel shading, would give Pokémon justice. Especially considering that they aren't looking too much on details in textures, that's probably the way to go in a 3DS game.

You guys are forgetting the 3DS graphical system is no stronger than that of the Wii so of course the models won't be Smash Bros. style realistic, also im pretty sure Creatures reason behind making Pokedex 3D as well as redoing all the gen I, II, III and IV models was to have them ready for Game freak to use in Gen VI i doubt GF would try to make new cel-shaded models for 647+ pokemon when there's a fresh batch that's just been made.

Last edited:
You guys are forgetting the 3DS graphical system is no stronger than that of the Wii so of course the models won't be Smash Bros. style realistic, also im pretty sure Creatures reason behind making Pokedex 3D as well as redoing all the gen I, II, III and IV models was to have them ready for Game freak to use in Gen VI i doubt GF would try to make new cel-shaded models for 647+ pokemon when there's a fresh batch that's just been made.

A comparison between Wii and 3DS's graphical capabilities is another topic, but do note that we are discussing the models from an artistic perfective, which has nothing to do with technical matters. 3D models are typically very scalable. Once the shapes are made, it's up to how detailed textures are, what kind of shading is applied, and other matters like these. The same models could basically be used in a Wii, 3DS or Wii U game -- and the quality difference could still be apparent.

I don't like them very much... They look like plastic toys. I'm happy we don't have the polygonal messes that Kangaskhan, Blastoise, Mewtwo, Breloom, Seviper and others were, but still... They also look too childish. Charizard doesn't transmit that "dragon-y" fierce look anymore, etc. Props to them for changing some Pokémon's stances, like Persian and Vaporeon (even though I liked Vaporeon's older stance, and I despised Persian's with a passion). Jolteon had its stance animation changed a little bit too.

That kind of thinking ("there's already existing models") is what had Genius Sonority use Stadium models all the way onto the Wii. And no, I am not forgetting that it is "no stronger than the Wii", hence why I used a Wii game as an example on how 3D models can be artistic.

These are not. Masuda can either swallow his words and admit he's simply calling 2D sprites artistic (and they can be) just so they don't have to move to 3D, or show us that art actually means something to them regardless of 2D or 3D graphics.

And its not like they have to redo the models from scratch. The main issue is the lighting and texture used.

I liked Infernape's PBR pose better. D: Other than that, they look quite spiffy. Is this out in the US? Shoot, I didn't even notice.

I've always gotten a maximum of 3 Pokemon a day. After receiving a new Pokemon, I quit the thingy and then come back after like 10 minutes.

Is this out in the US? Shoot, I didn't even notice.

Nope it's only out in japan right now, but it's suppose to be released in the US/EU around the respective BW2 release dates.

Last edited:
Wow, these look amazing, not sure if it's worth the 11 or so pounds though.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom