• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia All-Stars Mafia - Endgame - Homeward Bound - 7/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: All-Stars Mafia - D1 - Anyone At All - 6/28

@CrackFox; so you kept your vote on Phoenixes because no one else voted flaze or gibes? Why does someone else need to vote them? If you want to lynch them then build a case. As it is you just seem to be avoiding responsibility for them if they are town and are mislynched.

@MarioMiner; what are your thoughts on the thread and players? Also why wont you trust anyone?

@CrackFox; so you kept your vote on Phoenixes because no one else voted flaze or gibes? Why does someone else need to vote them? If you want to lynch them then build a case. As it is you just seem to be avoiding responsibility for them if they are town and are mislynched.

@MarioMiner; what are your thoughts on the thread and players? Also why wont you trust anyone?

My case would have been weak. I realise my argument is weak but it's D1, it's all opinion and speculation and I could tell which way the wind was blowing. Trying to build a case for them would have been a waste of time and not particularly worth it. When I saw someone vote for Flaze I was going to switch my vote but I had to go out and forgot all about it. Not that it would have made a difference anyway since the majority wanted to play safe and go with no lynch.

I'm not fully sure that I trust Leggo's claim at this time. Like it was said earlier, the fact that she chose the more ambiguous statement of the two is a scummy move. Hopefully the night kill will give us more information, but for right now, I don't like how things are looking.

My case would have been weak. I realise my argument is weak but it's D1, it's all opinion and speculation and I could tell which way the wind was blowing. Trying to build a case for them would have been a waste of time and not particularly worth it. When I saw someone vote for Flaze I was going to switch my vote but I had to go out and forgot all about it. Not that it would have made a difference anyway since the majority wanted to play safe and go with no lynch.

I still don't see why you would keep your vote on Phoenixes and put him in danger of bein lynched instead of going after your suspects. Building a weak case is better than not going for it at all, and it could easily turn into a strong one from their reactions. In the end it seems you just wanted a lynch regardless of who it was with th exception of Mijz and Leggo. Considering how much happened day one, the NL isn't that detrimental, however a mislynch that was most likely on the verge of happening was, yet you seem not to care and just wanted a lynch.

1. I haven't an idea. I feel like it's still too confusing for me to understand yet because this is just my second mafia game.
2. Because, as of now, I haven't got any information about others, and I need info about others before I can trust information to.

@CrackFox; why did Mijz trust you enough to claim to you?

Re: All-Stars Mafia - N1 - Real Monsters - 6/30

Mijz interestingly said that your scumtell is wallposts, and you just made one in which he did completely avoid replying to that point.

I don't remember seeing anything about this, but boy do I have counterexamples. Would you like me to tell you about the time I had a role that rewarded me for every sentence I ever made?

I mean, I can't imagine a Bulbagarden where people don't know that I always make wallposts.
Well, Mijz said it. Wow, so many crazy roles...

Anyways, I see that wallposts are your thing anyway, and it's not like I have to listen to what Mijz said of all people. I just haven't played as many games with you yet, and the point was made really early in the day. I’ll focus on more meaningful discussion from now on.

Actually I saw the vote Phoenicks cast on Mijzelffan when it was made and only voted Mijzelffan 6 hours after he said how nothing was being done. I don't know how that's fast, or hasty. I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with "big posts that don't make sense" but I don't like it. I don't know how it's not my typical behaviour but I was busy talking privately with Phoenicks at the same time for what it's worth. We were talking about the game and suddenly he asked me how I was and I told him. I'm not sure if it makes up the span of time you're pointing out.
Okay, that was indeed a bit confusing, but if you did it 6 hours after Phoenicks' post I can see why you did it. I also did not know that you two were talking privately, and as I saw it later you started making big posts. About the sense thing, I mean that you kept the vote on Pheonicks while backing it up with small posts, because if you were to do your typical thing of posting a lot, it would not make much sense. I did not imply that you typically make big posts that never make sense, that would be outright false, you try to help in every way possible.

I don't think either of their first posts were bad, Mijzelffan then just went overboard later when Phoenicks explained. I don't think I recall being quick to vote Leggo, but I was admittedly busy with both Phoenicks privately and writing the post so it took a while. I actually was interested to see what Leggo had to say before voting, so I really have no clue how I'm being quick at doing things at all.
Totally agreed. After realizing that you were PMing Phoenicks, it all makes more sense. From a personal experience, I think that buddying that person just makes one not look like his regular self, but that is not bad. So goes for you being very defending of him.

I find Leggo scummy because the way she stopped the bandwagon with a bandwagon is a bit hypocritical
Zexy, I know I am not perfect. That is what makes me a human. Haven't you had those times of being hypocritical as well?
Of course, I never implied otherwise. Of course I had said times (a recent one went BADLY), although that was a reply I gave to Mijz, in the initial part of my post I just said that you look somewhat scummy not just for the bandwagon, but because you did not bother defending yourself much and shrugged some points on you off with bit of an attitude. There was also your claim that could have been easy to fake.

Mijzelffan: I’ll say it again, I don’t think that Pheonicks voting you was scummy, and I have no reason to disagree with those who “defend” Pheonicks. That’s why I feel that you are somewhat overreacting with that case, your vote was pretty much an OMGUS, and I would like to see some focus on other people at this point.

I doubt Leggo is a fool, she is new and would most probably not pull off that fakeclaim. Something like Roleblocker would work better imo. Leggo mafia I can see it happen, but indep not really.

As for the No Lynch, well I have no words, it happens just too much :(

Why wouldn't you direct this question at me? Unless you expect her to be able to read my mind. :p It's pretty meta, I know Crackfox pretty well and she seemed legitimately afraid of me potentially being mafia, which would of course mean she isn't mafia. So in that case I figured there wouldn't be much reason not to.

That doesn't answer why you used it on me.
I felt you were scummy, so I had to check if you were.

Even if I were an Independent I'd have to be a pro-town one. Wouldn't it have been better to just check the Town statement if you could to clear me as Town instead of leaving the possibility I could be an Independent which certain people could use as an excuse to not trust me?
If I cleared you as town now during the night phase, the mafia would have taken advantage of the newfound knowledge and NL you.
As you said in the bold, you would be pro-town, so you would be an ally for town. It's best to have as many allies as possible.

Even though trusting (or not trusting) someone may lead to one's downfall in a mafia, it's better to have some faith in an ally than none at all because it's good to have backup sometimes.

Lynching me will only lead to one less person in town. Lynching a townie during the daytime doesn't help anyone, but only the mafia. Plus, it doesn't lead to any good leads to who is mafia.
You say that lynching you won't do any good. Then why did you appreciate the vote on you before by saying you don't have an important role? It sounds as if you were prepared to take a lynch. Or was I overthinking at that time?
I appreciated because it was the first mafia vote on me ever. I felt like a politician.
Plus, I was surprised how much attention I was getting at the time.

Although I'd like to see a copy pasted(i don't think screenshots are allowed) PM result from her.
Here you go.
GliscorMan said:
I am Mafia.

Your instruments tell you that this statement is a lie.

I understand why others may be skeptical of me after what happened in Day 1.

Why wouldn't you direct this question at me? Unless you expect her to be able to read my mind. :p It's pretty meta, I know Crackfox pretty well and she seemed legitimately afraid of me potentially being mafia, which would of course mean she isn't mafia. So in that case I figured there wouldn't be much reason not to.

I'm not really interested in why you decided to claim, but in what she did to make you claim. (It's a subtle difference.) I can't understand her actions without understanding the PMs you too had. I can't understand that without understanding why there was a role claim.

It makes a difference if she asked for a claim, implied it, spoke forcefully about being apprehensive, never mentioned it, etc.

Leggo, why reveal the result of your ability now rather than leave it until after the night?
Because I didn't think it through, I wouldn't be surprised if I was NK'd now.

I should've just PM'd it to HD, but then again, I read the suspicion that HD and I were mafia buddies.
This means that some do not trust HD.

It might be better to take the chance to reveal just in case I don't make it to Day 2 anyways.

Last edited:

NL generally means "No Lynch". I think you mean NK, which is "Night Kill". (Because the mafia kill is not a lynch.)

If I'm completely misunderstanding and being needlessly patronizing, you can slap me.

@Masamune; Despite being a new player I think you should be able to answer this. While reading the thread was there anything that caught your eye? What do you plan on doing for Day 2? How is Day 2 any different than Day 1 in your eyes? Do you have any questions regarding how the game goes?

CrackFox seems suspicious in my opinion because he's very inclined to lynch based off of little proof that Phoenicks is scum. I'm not sure what I'll do for Day 2 because we haven't gotten there yet and there might be more information available. I don't really have a question; I already read over the Mafia rules.

NL generally means "No Lynch". I think you mean NK, which is "Night Kill". (Because the mafia kill is not a lynch.)

If I'm completely misunderstanding and being needlessly patronizing, you can slap me.
You are right. Thank you for the correction. I am still not used to the mafia slang as I have said before.

Probably because he could tell I was on his side. He didn't come to me directly, nor I him. We were generally talking and the subject came up. There's still a possibility that he's stringing me along haha. I do doubt it though. He's usually quite evasive when I speak to him privately in games where he's mafia. More meta for you.

Probably because he could tell I was on his side. He didn't come to me directly, nor I him. We were generally talking and the subject came up. There's still a possibility that he's stringing me along haha. I do doubt it though. He's usually quite evasive when I speak to him privately in games where he's mafia. More meta for you.

I think Mijz is town anyways, but I want to hear this: How confident are you in his claim from 1 to 5? (1 being "I'm the godfather" 5 being mod-confirmed innocent child.)

Not that I really want you to rank it one to five, but explain / quantify your confidence in him a little.

Re: All-Stars Mafia - D2 - Instinct - 7/1

Something Has Happened @Joltik; is replacing @FinalArcadia;. Confirm when you receive your role.

1. @Midorikawa
2. @Zexy
3. @Yato
4. @Momoka
5. @Tychiel
6. @Leggo
7. @Prince Vultan
8. @MarioMiner
9. @Beck
10. @HumanDawn
11. @UltimateMaximus
12. @Peeko
13. @Rabbit
14. @Phoenicks
15. @Soulmaster
16. @Joltik
17. @Masamune
18. @sharkshocker
19. @GastlyGibus
20. @Flaze
21. @Solayoh
22. @Pokemaster97
23. @Mijzelffan
24. @CrackFox

It was early in the morning. Nobody knew exactly when, not a single person had bothered to check. The sun had yet to rise, but it looked like it would very soon; the horizon had a faint glow to it. Almost all of them were asleep, but not for long.

There was a sound like thunder, and then one that could only be one thing: the nearby falling of an aircraft. Immediately after this telltale-whistling sound came that of a rather impressively-sized explosion, complete with shattering glass and flying metal.

Everyone across the town was jolted awake, and ran outside to investigate.

What they found was startling to say the least. A small, one-man aircraft had simply fallen out of the sky, and crashed into one of the shops on the east side of town. It had evidently been painted with blue and white, even though the paint job had been totally trashed as it crashed through the side of a brick building. It had crashed at an angle, and one of the mostly-unmarred wings broke the plane of the storefront. On it was the only identifiable signature of the vehicle's ownership: the silvery gray silhouette of an elongated fox-like creature with wings against a blue background.

Immediately, people began to jump into the search-and-rescue operation. However, flames had begun to edge their way into the building, apparently the ship's fuel had sparked in the explosion. A young man with red hair put up a hand of warning, then somehow began to absorb the heat and direct it into a piece of metal that had been discarded during the plane's descent. The man in the longcoat, recognizing what he was doing, joined in to help.

The figure in the power suit lead the way, lifting the heaviest pieces of rubble to let others in. Not to be outdone, the Australian man began to slowly haul the newly-cooled metal carcass of the plane out of the building.

More joined in, and it became apparent that there had been someone inside the starship. They recognized him from earlier, he was present at the town hall meeting the day before, when they had all first arrived. It became apparent that he had tried escaping, or otherwise needed a small flight to keep his head cool.

He was a young man, and had a face shaped roughly like a fox's. His hair came up into what looked like partially-singed ears. He wore goggles and attire fit for a space-fighter pilot. The burned remains of a picture, of an older man with a similar appearance, probably his father, was propped against the shattered glass of the cockpit.

There was one thing out of place, however. One thing that changed everything they had known, everything they had assumed about what had happened. Someone had wanted this guy dead.

There was a cluster of bullet holes in his chest.

The man in the suit stared down sadly, shaking his head.

"Should've done a barrel roll."

Dear, Peeko. You are…

35255co.png

Fox McCloud
Origin: Star Fox​

The young leader of a mercenary fighter squadron, Fox McCloud fights outside the law so that he can strike directly at those who wish his home planet harm. He, along with his teammates, flies throughout the planetary system, usually with the purpose of annihilating his arch enemy, Andross, who killed his father. He has a grudge to bear against Star Wolf, a mercenary group that has little honor and harbors a man who aided in the death of his father. He often gets into conflicts and near-death scenarios, but appears to remain calm despite them.

As Fox McCloud, you are capable of a number of fancy flying maneuvers that allow you to escape combat in your Arwing. Because of this, you carry the 2x Commuter ability. To activate it, simply PM me saying: Commute during the night phase that you want to make yourself scarce. While you are away during the following day phase, you may neither post nor vote. On the other hand, abilities cannot target you and you cannot be lynched.

James McCloud, your father, always told you to never give up, and to trust your instincts. This advice, in a time of crisis like this one, becomes even more pertinent, and takes on a whole new meaning. Will you be able to evade conflict in your signature fighter jet, or will you get shot down in a ball of fire?

You are one of the Good Guys. Defeat all of the Bad Guys to win.

Peeko has been killed during the night.

This removed all question about the incident. With no gun to be found at the scene, the murderer must have been still around. Nobody knew who, or what, could have done such a thing.

When the crew hauled Fox's body into the cleared street, the crowd immediately had many questions. Most couldn't be answered on anything short of wild hunches and gut instincts.

They held a makeshift funeral for a man that hardly any of them had really known, and most had barely exchanged words with him. However, all of them knew one thing for certain...

Nobody was safe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is now Day 2.

Cast your votes.​

Last edited:
Re: All-Stars Mafia - D2 - Instinct - 7/1

Confirming my role!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom