• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia All-Stars Mafia - Endgame - Homeward Bound - 7/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: All-Stars Mafia - D2 - Instinct - 7/1

I'd have no problem claiming in public if I need to(I wouldn't LIKE to but), but I ended up claiming privately to @HumanDawn; so I'd really appreciate it if he'd come in here and vouch for me since I nameclaimed and roleclaimed. It should really clear me at this point.

Also, no, I'm not free to come in and defend myself right now.

All right, I finally got some time to make a proper post (though how many posts will come at the time I'm writin this which is 4:52 eastern time btw) and first and foremost I'd like to address on person in particular out of everyone, and this is something that really irked me to be honest.
@CrackFox; Now I like Ludicolo too but you have to give me a break here :p. Okay with Crackfox and even some other people I'll have to say one thing. I haven't been posting since sunday but that day was probabl the day I've been the most active in a mafia before. First of al I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you had said Crackfox, I'm still trying my hand at making up reads and I really thought I had something. But anyways saying that I didn't contribute may be true, I'm certainly not Human or Phoenicks, but it annoyed me that people practicaly expect me to post at the same pace everyone else does and come up with answers right away when A. I'm not nearly as good as anyone here, B. you do have to consider that people have lives that make them busy enough to the point that just typing this long paragraph would've been hard to do in the last few days and C. They don't really have the capacity to remember everything that goes on in a mafia that updates 5 pages per day and I'm talking long posts here. Also Crackfox, you argue that others don't contribute but you yourself haven't actually contributed that much, yes you've posted but you don't show the level that you seem to want to see in others.

Yes, maybe I'm just whining but it did annoy me how everyone just kept insisting. I know I haven't shown it but under normal circumstances I will reply when called out, if I don't then just assume I'm busy or don't have enough time or energy to think up a post, cause unlike the posts I usually write on Bulba (RPs, reviews and others) these take actual time and an actual thought process.

So I think I should give my thoughts on the Leggo situation a few pages back. I am not sure, I'm not too experienced on how Lie Detector works so I can't say I trust her, of course I also don't know how to disprove it so I won't say I don't trust it either, on that note I'll just leave that subject there since it's out of my hands.

In regards to Pokemaster's theory about the Night Kill, I have no idea why you're all jumping him. Speculating is speculating unless it is revealed as truth and the detail in one's speculation can vary from making little sense to being right in the money. I think you're all worrying to much over someone actually trying to rake their mind in and see what could've happened. I mean last time I checked trying to figure out what happened was a good if not a great way to find the culprit in a mystery novel. (keep in mind at this point I'm talking about what I remember reading, I may have missed some other things)

I think Momoka coming in was pretty random to be honest. She didn't exactly say anything that hadn't been said before, and the whole feel of that statement felt sort of as if she was trying to walk safely through without alerting anybody (though I think we've all done that regardless of alignment). Oh also on that note in regards to the repeating the same reasons as everyone else to vote subject, that is why I barely vote. I'd like to keep myself from doing so unless I have a clear concrete reason for voting for them (at least in my head) Also Momoka, if you like to read manga in any point check out one called Stealth Symphony, it's by the same author of Durarara and Baccano.

Random manga advertising aside.

I'm gonn have to be leaving work soon so I don't know if I'll have time to finish this. So I'll leave this as part one of my big come back post(don't expect too many though, I'm gonna be watching a lot ofanime today :p) and put up more thoughts and maybe reads in part two.

UNVOTE: Momoka

Her claim could go either way but I trust it, especially the name claim. I'm gonna need some time to think about some stuff.

Pokemaster97: why did you vote UltimateMaximus and not Prince Vultan? Do you suspect one over the other?

I chose UltimateMaximus because while Prince Vultan hasn't been that active, at least he casted a no lynch vote day one and he put a little more effort in his reasoning for his vote for me this phase while UltimateMaximus offered nothing really at all. Basically, I was trying to give him a little benefit of the doubt.

Other than that, I can't really be sure for either, both are FoS'es for me, and even though I said Momoka has that alibi a little earlier. It's all about gut feelings changing on a whim, honestly. Anyways, no more posts from me this phase. Hope it goes well.

That is re: Momoka and HumanDawn, right?

Anyways: today comes down to Pokemaster97 and Momoka, with the time we've got left. I'm going to content myself with either. But if Momoka is some sort of verifiable cop/doc/vigilante rolled into an innocent child, I'd like to know before it's too late.

That is re: Momoka and HumanDawn, right?

Anyways: today comes down to Pokemaster97 and Momoka, with the time we've got left. I'm going to content myself with either. But if Momoka is some sort of verifiable cop/doc/vigilante rolled into an innocent child, I'd like to know before it's too late.

I think he means Pokemaster97.

I'm not comfortable with either of them any more, and honestly I'd rather go after VOTE: UltimateMaximus.

His first post was really simple and didn't really contribute to anything.

With all of these votes on Pokemaster, I'm not sure this is gonna do much. But I'll do it anyways, Vote: Pokemaster97, mainly because of the nightkill theory thing. Another person I'm suspicious of is Solayoh because of the statements before me.

And his vote was just a simple bandwagon vote he thought himself wasn't really needed.

I'm honestly getting a lot of good vibes from many people, but this is a lynch I'm currently most comfortable with.

If HD is comfortable with Momoka's claim, then I'm inclined to trust her. Hesitant, still, but I don't see her lynch to be a top priority.

I'll Unvote: Momoka.

In my opinion neither Pokemaster97 or Momoka deserve to be lynched today. They are active and contribute well, why lynch them and let an inactive player who isn't enjoying or even playing the game live. I could understand if we had a good reason to lynch either but honestly, reading people's arguments, I fail to see one. Maybe FoS for a few little things but definitely not lynch worthy.

Vote: UltimateMaximus

Basically mirroring Human. He hasn't said much and what he has said is kinda iffy. He said he didn't think the mafia would kill a random person which is odd. Mafia do that all the time. He also quickly jumped on Pokemaster97's bandwagon and offered no adequate reason of his own. He basically just said he was suspicious because he speculated about what the mafia might have thought when making the kill on Peeko. Kinda hypocritical since he'd already decided the kill wasn't random. Implies he thinks there's a reason behind it but didn't tell us what he thought the reason could be. Either way, it's still speculation he just didn't elaborate on anything.

Not the strongest argument I know and I am jumping on a bandwagon because we need a lynch today and I'd be much happier if it was UM.

UNVOTE: Pokemaster97.
VOTE: UltimateMaximus.

After speaking with Human, I'm inclined to go along with it. I'm still suspicious of Pokemaster, but at the moment I'm going to hold off on voting him.

I promise that in a bit I'll come in here and post my reads. Gotta look through the thread first and note things.

I'm going to stick on my Momoka lynch. But where's the 2/3rds of the town not voting today?

VOTE:UltimateMaximus

He seems suspicious in my regards because of how he doesn't give a reason why mafia wouldn't pick random kills. Also, he just tags along on what everyone else says and his post below seems to imply that he wanted an lynch without any additional information. Overall, all his posts on this thread is based off of another person's thoughts, he doesn't seem to have any concrete thought of it himself.

Where to start. First off, I still don't get why people voted Phoenicks for starting a bandwagon. Next, I believe that Leggo's claim is real and that she is a lie detector. And after 2 bandwagons, why didn't anybody get lynched. And like Midorikawa said, Solayoh does seem to be giving vague and neutral answers to questions. Peeko was an odd target for the mafia, but I don't think mafia would pick random kills.

@Masamune; aren't you kind of doing the same thing though? by saying the same others have pointed out I mean.

On that note, this is something I've always wondered with mafias in regards to this. What if you want to vote for someone but the only reasons you can come up with are the same ones that everyone else has said?

@Masamune; aren't you kind of doing the same thing though? by saying the same others have pointed out I mean.

On that note, this is something I've always wondered with mafias in regards to this. What if you want to vote for someone but the only reasons you can come up with are the same ones that everyone else has said?

When I can't avoid this, I say "I'm voting because I agree with xxx reasons."

It's a lot clearer than pretending that the reasons are your own. If someone made a good case, you should credit them for it and say you're following it.

My other favorite option is to pretend to have an opinion. If you can't make heads or tails of anyone, pretend to have an opinion and see where it leads.

For what it's worth, can I put you down as suspecting Masamune?

But where's the 2/3rds of the town not voting today?
I was out today.

Since @Tychiel; is currently the player with the lowest number of posts in this mafia, what are your thoughts on everything so far?

I think I might need to go back and read the old posts to re-analyze everything.

@Phoenicks; yeah I'm finding him kind of suspicious after looking back at his previous posts. Maybe it's cause he's new but Masamune's posts have been pretty neutral, short and don't seem to really bring out his presence at all, that and the two longest posts he has had have been pointing out things that everyone else has already said. That being said since I think a part of it is cause he's new I can't say I get scum vibes from him but I'm gonna be keeping my eye for further investigation and such.

Ah, i didn't see CrackFox's post before i posted mine, so I guess I am. -Now is a hypocrite ><-. Next time I'll refresh the page before posting and give credit like Phoenicks says.

But where's the 2/3rds of the town not voting today?
I was out today.

Since @Tychiel; is currently the player with the lowest number of posts in this mafia, what are your thoughts on everything so far?

I think I might need to go back and read the old posts to re-analyze everything.

I encourage you to vote in the time we have left. (Just don't tie things up and cause another no lynch.)

VOTE: UltimateMaximus

I agree with CrackFox's and HD's points on him. He seems suspicious as he hasn't been really active in this mafia.
I felt his post about his reads came out of nowhere as in "Where were you when this event was happening?".
I know people do this. It's just that I kind of forgot that UM was even in this mafia for a second due to the amount of players and how many are inactive in this game.

On the contrary, it's actually common for mafia to get involved on Day 1, look like active scum-hunters, appeal as pro-town, and get trusted by town members. Seeing how people are saying that Mijzelffan and Phoenicks usually debates a lot on Day 1 in other games as well, it could be that they discussed it in the mafia QT beforehand and decided to go with that scenario on criticizing each other's posts on Day 1. I can't really point it out but... somehow, would it be overthinking if the whole argument could be in fact, set-up? Also there's that part of there being bandwagons yet nobody died. I'll have to re-read Day 1 to get my thoughts organized. Anyways, FoS on both Mijzelffan and Phoenicks.

Huh, I had not thought of that. It just that in my experience I've seen the mafia just sit back and let the townies tear into each other. You rasie some good points but I feel like the in actives are more suspicious them then right now. I may just be falling for the trick that you mentioned. I'll see how they act as the game goes forward before I see if I really think that they are town or mafia.

For now I'll Vote: UltimateMaximus, mainly because of what others have said and I do not want another no lynch.

@UltimateMaximus; now is the time to claim if you're something too important for town to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom