• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: All the World's a Cage

Nagini

The sixth Horcrux
Reaction score
{NOTE TO READER: This is not a fanfic. This is an original work that I wrote. I'd prefer if you didn't take my work and call it your own. That would make the world a better place, pretty much.

I'm not exactly sure why I wrote this. If you can figure that out, be my guest. I always do need a reason. Maybe it was an impulse or maybe it was from the heart. I haven't a clue.

Thanks,

-AL

I have never been diagnosed with a mental disorder, but I've always wanted to be some type of crazy.

Maybe saying that makes me crazy. I don't know.

What if I introduced myself that way to people? What if I just knocked on my neighbor's door and said, "Hi, guys! My name is Jennette and I want some kind of mental problem! Have a nice day!"

That might not be such a good idea.

There's a reason for my madness, pun very much intended. Over the years, I've learned that the most pure creativity comes out of those considered not quite right in the mind. I crave their brand of thinking. I sometimes wonder if maybe the crazy people are right in the mind and the rest of us are out of it. It's all relative. How do we normal people decide what's wrong and what's right?

Exhibit A: Normal people ALWAYS pronounce my name wrong. It's either "How are you doin' there, Janet?" or "It's a fine day outside, isn't it Jeanette?"

My name is Jennette. Jet for short. No alterations. No other pronunciations. Juh-Net. Easy, right?

Wrong. It's nearly impossible for a teacher at school to read my name.

"Jackson, Janet? Oooh, like the singer?"

"Present. And no."

Exhibit B: The normal people of the world created a TV channel that only airs infomercials and nothing but, all day. And they call themselves sane. Hypocrites.

Exhibit C: I see lots of obese couch potatoes who consider themselves normal people. Have you ever seen a schizophrenic with obesity? Didn't think so.

You've probably never even seen a schizophrenic, period. They're not that noticeably crazy. My mom's a psychiatrist. I know what crazy people are like because of it. A schizophrenic doesn't go to McDonald's and order a watermelon.

What a schizophrenic does do, however, is create the most brilliant tales of adventure and drama. They're mind's chemistry can unlock much more than any other mind. What I've learned from them is that stories do not have to make sense logically. They are self expression. If a person does not wish to be logical, their stories should reflect that.

Society doesn't know what I know. That's what I have gathered. Society is still hung up on the criminally insane and psychopaths. On Mr. Hyde and Cannibal Lector.

I know one schizophrenic person. His name is Paul. He is a writer. A writer of poetry. I can listen to him talk all day.

The sun sets and rises everyday.
It does not matter to the tiny bird.
The humans may create their calendar of months,
But the bird creates theirs out of events.
If it blazes the fires of hell, it will be remembered always.
The human causes its own destruction.

Paul makes me wants to cry sometimes. He gives to society and receives nothing in return. He's okay with that. But I'm not. I want the normals to not be afraid of their opposites. I want them to be together and tolerant.

Maybe if I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and acted normal, I could change people's opinions. Maybe I could change the world.

First, though, I have my own little mission. Once people start saying "Jennette" correctly, then I'll be able to change the world. Until then, I'm not quite as sure of myself.

Like Paul says:

All the world's a cage until we know where we are.
I don't know the plan for life,
Neither does my brother.
But if we can act as animalia siblings should
There is nothing we cannot do.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom