• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

All your base are belong to us (Secret Bases)

Ivysaur

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
Don't tell me y'all have forgotten the most important news that has come out in regards to these remakes:

Secret_base_Gen_3.png

they're back

Okay, so they haven't been technically revealed yet but chances are, Secret Bases are back! (#believe)

Most of y'all know what's up. In the past we could build our own Secret Bases, usually in small caverns in the mountains or in a tree or bush, and we could decorate the bases to our heart's content with all sorts of plushies and intricate musical panels. By linking up with friends, we could actually visit out friends' secret bases and even battle AI-controlled versions of them that would have the same teams they had on hand when they linked up. Now with the 3DS's streetpass and spotpass features, this opens up a ton of new possibilties. What would you guys like to see?

Last edited:
Please, please make Secret Bases SpotPass-enabled. Not just StreetPass. I will be REALLY bummed if it's just StreetPass. It'd be great to automatically synchronize the Secret Bases of our 3DS friends through Wi-Fi and have the same features of RSE of battling their team controlled by AI once a day.

I would love to see new decorations as well. A lot of dolls like 5th Gen's Dream Would would be awesome! Perhaps some more things like a fully functional PC (Not just for decorations). Perhaps more options like changing the floor or the walls.

As long as Secret Bases return in their RSE form with StreetPass and SpotPass capabilities, I'll be happy!

If Players are now able to visit other's bases and have a variety of options-trading, chatting, battling, selling, giving items, etc-I would be overjoyed. I think that would be a great feature. Also, the amount of people that visit your secret base could improve its popularity (a new feature), which provides certain aesthetic benefits, at least.

Also, I think characters such as your rival, gym leaders, elite four members, should be able to visit (like the Villas in Sinnoh).

Overall, I can't wait! Secret Bases were always fun, especially the ones with the largest rooms. Maybe they might even play a key part in the plot, if not a base for meetings in the very least.

Meeting places with NPCs, and a mini-healing station in the base! The Bases are mostly located in the middle of a route or a dungeon, so a healing station would really help if they're not bringing back the healing characters

If Players are now able to visit other's bases and have a variety of options-trading, chatting, battling, selling, giving items, etc-I would be overjoyed. I think that would be a great feature. Also, the amount of people that visit your secret base could improve its popularity (a new feature), which provides certain aesthetic benefits, at least.

So kind of like Join Avenue in B2W2, but with battle and chat options, as well? I like that, especially since (in theory) it would be easier to get bases in your games with the 3DS's features.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll mention this here, too: I really think they should give out decorative items via SpotPass (and potentially StreetPass) that you can put in your room in Littleroot or your Secret Base, similar to what they do every month in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. This would be a great way to allow people to have even more options with which to decorate their base, this would potentially be yet another way to encourage people to continue playing their games ('cause Arceus knows the last time I booted up my copy of Pokémon X, even with some of the things they distributed via PGL). I just really like customization features. :)

Yes, please. Please, please, please.

Secret Bases were a highlight of Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald, even if I only had access to one or two friends' bases. I can't imagine what it would be like sharing Secret Bases with all of my Bulbagarden friends.

It would be refreshing to see Secret Bases again.
More utility could be useful. Especially now that Wi-Fi rules the Pokemon games, you could visit more bases and do more things. Trades, battles... expecting events, Hidden abilities... maybe some kind of Entralink and O-Powers. That would be cool.

Hopefully this will mean a Secret Base patch for XY. I don't know how, I just want it.

Secret Bases + some of the stuff they did with the Underground in Gen IV + Wi-Fi features + StreetPass features

There is no reason not to put these in the games. If they work out well then they could use them for future games and if they don't they can just use the excuse of being true to the originals.

Why did they stop using over-world secret bases again?

Asides from more furniture and interactive features, as mentioned by Orion-sama, for the bases to be Spotpass and Streetpass compatible with an Amity Square/PokeAmie-like feature.

In my opinion it's certain Secret bases will be in the Remakes too, there's no reason to remove them (and come on! It's a classic of these games).
The posibility of visiting your friends and passerbys bases it's awesome, but it'd be a shame if they limit this and don't add stretpass or spotpass features, in case they do a friend/passerby system I think it'll be like Union Room so it's more interactive and you can host more people.

Well, about customization.. We saw a start at it in the pokéamie feature. Maybe they'll use it as a base for them.
Only time will tell.

Whether these games turn out to be remakes or sequels, I hope this feature will make a return. I believe it has some real potential, especially now it is easier to connect with other people. I would love for the secret base feature to return.

(Topic title should be "All your secret base are belong to us".) :p

I remember my last Secret Base in Emerald ... I set up a series of music note mats to play a doorbell chime on the way in (it was one of the caverns, with a long tunnel leading in).

I've always wanted to experience secret bases! I'm hoping it will be highly customizable, and maybe even be able to have Amity Square-like features.

I've always wanted to choose a Pokémon to run around in the base, like as an alternative to it being boxed.
Also, there's no question about it, Secret Bases WILL use StreetPass.

I hope that unlike XY, OR/AS take full advantage of the Nintendo 3DS' StreetPass capabilities. Maybe these games could have it so our Secret Bases are exchanged via StreetPass and other people can visit them in their games (and if they're in the same location, simply have a choice of whose Secret Base to go to). Also, the ability to battle other players (with them using the team in their Battle Box) would be really cool too.

Although Gen 4 is my fave gen, and Gen 3 is my least, one of the things Gen 3 really got right was Secret Bases, I loved the idea, I loved the concept, I loved how it was in practice, I loved battling AI versions of my friends and going to their bases. It sucked when they just shoved them under ground in DPPT

I hope that unlike XY, OR/AS take full advantage of the Nintendo 3DS' StreetPass capabilities. Maybe these games could have it so our Secret Bases are exchanged via StreetPass and other people can visit them in their games (and if they're in the same location, simply have a choice of whose Secret Base to go to). Also, the ability to battle other players (with them using the team in their Battle Box) would be really cool too.

This, right here, is genius

This is the main reason I want them, over world bases. The bases in gen 4 sucked, especially since the other guy had to be online.

You could battle old versions of your self, it was amazing.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom