• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

All your base are belong to us (Secret Bases)

Re: Secret Bases confirmed

I definitely like the idea of designing my own gym, that's something I've wanted to do for years.

So i was counting the number of items in one of the screen shots it looks like we can have ATLEAST 18 items 2 more then the original ruby/sapphire ( well its 16 in emerald thats all i really know since i was just decorating my emerald base recently)

edit: and this one i counted 25 in

7.jpg

Last edited:

I'm so excited for the Secret Bases!
I really loved them in the original; I love that feeling of having a little cave all to myself (all to myself...and super-secret! hehe~).

So i was counting the number of items in one of the screen shots it looks like we can have ATLEAST 18 items 2 more then the original ruby/sapphire ( well its 16 in emerald thats all i really know since i was just decorating my emerald base recently)

7.jpg

Speaking of that screenshot, someone on Pokebeach pointed out that that Pidgeot statue is only obtainable after getting your Pokemon's portraits put up in the Lilycove Museum. And of course, to do that you need to win the Master Rank contest and get a particular score in each category. Combine that with image from one of the promotional artworks and we have some pretty solid hints that Contests are returning.

esqjhc.jpg

I'm sorry to go off topic.. but..

Is that picture is posibbly the customize that WE WILL GET on ORAS??

Secret base sounds cool.... will super awesome if I'm a competitive player... but this game promise ssooo much..

Secret base sounds cool.... will super awesome if I'm a competitive player... but this game promise ssooo much..

At least three of them are identifiable trainer classes. The back left and center are the Aroma Lady and Rich Boy while I'd say the two on the sides are the school kids. Their designs are fairly similar to the original RSE. Don't know who the back right is.

As of now, it seems like they're going back to using random Trainer Classes to define our NPC--however, this may just be like the PSS where you can choose a Trainer Class icon to identify your player.

Wouldn't be surprised of GF took out trainer customization in these games because god knows their train of logic

Oh please don't take out customization :(.

Did anyone really doubt that they would be coming back?

Nice StreetPass functionality though. Also, it seems like they're mixing this with the Join Avenue from B2W2.

Last edited:

7.jpg

Speaking of that screenshot, someone on Pokebeach pointed out that that Pidgeot statue is only obtainable after getting your Pokemon's portraits put up in the Lilycove Museum. And of course, to do that you need to win the Master Rank contest and get a particular score in each category. Combine that with image from one of the promotional artworks and we have some pretty solid hints that Contests are returning.

esqjhc.jpg

tumblr_n3n3wmKIhC1r36bj2o8_75sq.gif
My body is Regi.
tumblr_n3n3i6eYjX1r36bj2o10_75sq.gif

One thing I noticed about the picture is that Litwick is confirmed to be in the games. Perhaps Mt. Pyre would work for it?

Pretty sure that's a doll. Real Litwick is more blob, less cylinder.
tumblr_n3n4gvKfh81r36bj2o3_75sq.gif

I'm excited about the pseudo-Gym feature; I've always wanted to run a Gym-esque facility and I even designed my Sapphire Secret Base with a Gym in mind. Also, I hope that the Secret Base jukebox is the OR/AS equivalent of HG/SS's GB Sounds.

Jukebox? I don't see one?
tumblr_n3pzm2LeeR1r36bj2o4_75sq.gif

At least three of them are identifiable trainer classes. The back left and center are the Aroma Lady and Rich Boy while I'd say the two on the sides are the school kids. Their designs are fairly similar to the original RSE. Don't know who the back right is.

As of now, it seems like they're going back to using random Trainer Classes to define our NPC--however, this may just be like the PSS where you can choose a Trainer Class icon to identify your player.

Wouldn't be surprised of GF took out trainer customization in these games because god knows their train of logic

Aroma Lady, Rich Boy, Lass, School Kid (F), School Kid (Max prototype). These are most likely the "gym trainers" of your base, whose teams are based off of the friends whose flags you steal. That's what I'm assuming, in any case.
tumblr_n3pzm2LeeR1r36bj2o3_75sq.gif

I don't really care about customization coming back or not. It's fun but it doesn't affect gameplay one way or the other and considering these are remakes of a game where there wasn't customization, people shouldn't assume it's gone forever if it's not on here.
tumblr_n3n44bDx711r36bj2o7_75sq.gif

Which btw, Brendan pretty much proves it is. He's pale in screenshots (the same skin tone as May) yet he's visibly darker than her in artwork, so you'll at least be able to choose skin color. Also, if it's already been implemented, why do they need to reconfirm it? I don't see anyone worried that Fairy-type won't be included in the new games, despite not one mention of it outside of M-Diancie.
tumblr_n3n1f4Fcma1r36bj2o10_75sq.gif

And my Gym will be excellent.
tumblr_n3n2avDv1Q1r36bj2o2_75sq.gif

Last edited:

Just realised - the press release mentions being able to set your own battle rules.

So in a sense, we can make our own unofficial gyms and share them via QR Codes online? Neat.

Yeah. Giving lots of oportunity to online gyms, battle and all.

And I remember something about rank too.. online.. so now finally you can aim to be the very best..

These Super Secret Bases seem awesome! It's way better than I imagined. Streetpass AND QR functionality is a great idea, and to set up my own battle rules...Well, obviously it'd be a LITTLE limited but what the heck, it's still good! I could make an underwater base where I run a Wailord only Triple Battle! AHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Unofficial gym creation system, through QR codes. Which could enter the thousands upon thousands of secret bases. My body was never this ready for SUPER DUPER FUCKING AMAZING Secret Bases. Cause that's really what the full title should be.

I LOVE what they're doing with Secret Bases. Adding the Join Avenue bonuses (which I hope you can set for your own base when you share it, but might be randomized) is a great thing, especially since Join Avenue was maybe my favorite feature of B2W2. Creating Gyms (which seems like it includes the ability to add NPC trainers) is another great expansion to the concept. Add in that the artwork seems to confirm new dolls (if not necessarily new Pokémon availability) as well as the return of the Berry Blender, and my hype for this game just skyrocketed.

The lack of customized characters could be a bad omen, but don't forget that X and Y also gave you the option of displaying NPC trainer portraits in the PSS. Perhaps when you do that your character in your Secret Base will change as well, and they did that for all these screenshots so as not to spoil the grand announcement of customization returning.

so as not to spoil the grand announcement of customization returning.
Grand announcement? It isn't a new feature anymore, nor has it been absent for years. It's merely a feature from the latest games that everyone is already familiar with.

It could be that they use "stock" trainers because they can't transfer the customisation data through streetpass or something. That IS a possibility. Or it's to be true to RSE.

Looks like customization and O-Powers are gone, but I'll take Secret Bases over them any day of the week. A lot the new features sound great in theory, but I'm holding off until we know more about them to make sure they aren't being overhyped (like the "Gym" feature being bogged down by restrictions and limits).

They still look awesome though, love that you're getting more decorating options now. (Bring back the tents!)

Tbf for the gym thing, you could already do it in gen 3, as you can battle the trainer you mix records with. They can just have a gym team when they mix with you

I'm just glad that Secret Bases are back. Plus, they are going to look a bit cooler in 3D, but the flat layout was nice too.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom