• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alligator helps officers apprehend fleeing suspect

Catilena1890

Serperior rules us all
Reaction score
Alligator helps officers apprehend fleeing suspect

The alligator always gets its man, or at least it did in this bizarre case from Florida.

Unidentified alligators react to the news about a cousin who nabbed a fleeing police suspect. Photos from Wikimedia Commons

A 20-year-old man was pulled over early Thursday morning for failing to drive in a single lane. Bryan Zuniga stopped his car, jumped out, kicked through a vinyl fence, and escaped pursuing sheriff’s deputies.

An alligator made sure Zuniga didn’t get far, however. Near a water treatment plant in unincorporated St. Petersburg, the alligator attacked Zuniga, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.

Zuniga managed to escape the gator and make his way to a nearby hospital where he was treated for multiple puncture wounds to his face, arm, and armpit area. Authorities were then alerted to the alligator attack.

Once released from the hospital around Thursday at noon, some nine hours after fleeing, Zuniga was transported to the Pinellas County Jail and charged with breaking or injuring fences, fleeing, and eluding a police officer, driving with a suspended license, and resisting an officer without violence.

Unfortunately, the alligator will face charges, too, if it is ever apprehended. A Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission officer told Bay News 9 that any time a gator attacks a human it has to be caught and put down.

Mugshot of suspect courtesy of Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office

Zuniga’s neighbors gave mixed reactions when told of the news of his ordeal.

“I don’t really know him or anything, but he’s my neighbor,” Jacob Uliase told Bay News 9. “I don’t want this dude getting eaten up by a gator.”

Devin Cook told the news station that Zuniga got what he deserved. “He should’ve just pulled over.”

“Ouch,” one unidentified neighbor told WPTV.com. “But when you do trouble, trouble comes to you. Karma! Karma comes back at you.”

And sometimes it has teeth.

One of the locals commented on this article, the Florida Fish and Game know about this gator and there will be nothing brought against her, as she was merely acting on natural instinct to protect a nest that the crook was close enough to to be considered a threat by her. The gator will be fine :3

No, don't murder the gator just because it attacked somebody! (unless they're going to use it for meat or leather... they are edible and farms raise them)

No, don't murder the gator just because it attacked somebody! (unless they're going to use it for meat or leather... they are edible and farms raise them)

THe gator was guarding the computer room. thats all it was doing

In that case hell no you ain't killing that gator! A person's pr0n is sacred, and must be guarded at all costs! I have a tiger guarding MY computer room. They're cuddlier and less likely to have retribution sought against them when they do their job right.

In that case hell no you ain't killing that gator! A person's pr0n is sacred, and must be guarded at all costs! I have a tiger guarding MY computer room. They're cuddlier and less likely to have retribution sought against them when they do their job right.

You didnt get the joke and reference....

You didnt get the joke and reference....

Thus I came up with my own. Laughs all around!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom