• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Alola Apocalypse

Jared DiCarlo

Grovyle Fan
Reaction score
This is my fourth fan fiction for this website. It takes place a week before the events of Giovanni’s Master Plan. While it’s a little more light-hearted and humorous than my last two, it still has some intense scenes. As such, reader’s discretion is still advised.

Alola Apocalypse

Chapter 1

Ash and friends board a plane for what will hopefully be an exciting vacation in Alola. For Ash and Pikachu, it’s like taking a trip down memory lane. For Brock, May, and Max, it’s a brand new experience. What wonders await them in Alola? Let’s see...

[On board the plane...]

Ash. I’m really excited, you guys! My Greninja is coming with us!
Brock: Really? The same one you made it to the finals with in Kalos?
Ash: The very same! I had to let him go to help protect a forest, but he missed me, and wanted to hang out with us for a while!
May: Well, in that case, I’m really looking forward to meeting him!
Max: Did we really have to fly there? I hate flying!
May: Calm down, Max. Dad packed some medication in case you get airsickness.
Max: What kind of medication???
May: Barf bags.
Max: Gee, thanks.
Ash: I can’t wait to see all our friends again. Are you excited, Pikachu?
Pikachu: Pika pika!
Brock: I can’t wait to see all the pretty girls!!!!
Max: I’ll make sure to tell them to keep away from you, then.
Pilot: Attention, passengers, this is your captain speaking. We are about to land on Melemele Island. Please fasten your seatbelts.
Ash: Oh boy! We’re almost there.
Max: Oh boy, we’re almost there... [vomits]

[The plane rapidly descends as it comes to a screeching halt on the runway]

Pilot: Please exit the cabin in an orderly fashion. No pushing.
Max: Thank goodness.

[Waiting at the terminal are Professor Kukui and Ash’s classmates (oh, and Rotomdex).]

Ash: [shouts loudly] I’M BAAAAAAACK!!!!
Kukui: Ash, nice to see you again.
Ash: Professor, nice to see you, too!
Rotomdex: [zooms over to see Ash] YAAAAAY!! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU ONCE AGAIN, ASH!!!!!!
Ash: Me too, Rotom.
Sophocles: Pikachu, someone wants to see you...

[Sophocles’ Togedemaru is very happy to see Pikachu. She rolls over to him, and gives him a kiss.]

Brock: Ash, you never told me your Pikachu had a girlfriend.
Ash: Ehh, I didn’t want to make you jealous.
Brock: [fuming] Jealous?!? I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! WHY CAN’T I EVER HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?!??!
Ash: [turns to his classmates] I’m sure you guys remember Brock. But these are my other friends. That’s May, and her brother, Max. They’re from the Hoenn Region.
Kiawe: Wow, that’s a really long way from here.
Lana: I’ve always wanted to go to Hoenn. I’ve heard that the beaches there are so clean and fresh...
May: You should come to Dewford Town! That’s where our cleanest beach is!
Lana: OMG!!!! So cool!!!!!
Max: [points to Lillie’s Vulpix] That’s a cute Vulpix! I didn’t know they came in white!
Lillie: That’s because she’s an Alolan Vulpix.
Snowy: Vulpix!
Mallow: You see, here in Alola, some of our Pokémon evolved differently from the rest of the world.
Lana: Hey Kiawe, show them your Marowak!
Kiawe: Great idea! Come on out, Marowak!
Marowak: Wak!!
May: Wow! What type is he?
Kiawe: The regular Marowak is a Ground Type, while the Alolan variant is a Fire and Ghost Type.
Max: Cool! What other Alolan variants are there?
Ash: Max! Look out behind you!!!
Max: Wha?

[Max gets picked up by an Alolan Exeggutor]

Max: AAAGGGHHH! THIS PALM TREE IS ALIVE!
Lana: That’s an Alolan Exeggutor. Their necks are longer than the ones you’re used to in Hoenn.
May: I was wondering why all those tall palm trees had faces!
Exeggutor: Tor!

[It drops Max, leaving him to fall flat on his face.]

May: Max! Are you alright?!?
Max: [dazed] That was scary. I never want to ride one of those again.

[Meanwhile, in the bushes....]

James: Look, it’s the twerps!
Meowth: And where there’s twoips, dere’s Pokémon for us ta steal! Let’s go snatch dat Pikachu!
Jessie: Not so fast, Meowth!
Meowth: Huh? What’s da matter?
Jessie: We didn’t come here to catch their Pokémon.
James: We didn’t?
Jessie: No! We are here to relax.
James and Meowth: Relax?!?
Jessie: All of that running and chasing we do has really worn me down, so I think it’s best that we take a break from trying to catch Pikachu.
Wobbuffet: WOBBA!
Jessie: Is it too much to ask that I want a break from you, too?

[Back at the Pokémon School....]

Ash: Hey, guys! Come on out!

[Along with Pikachu, Ash brought along Greninja, Oshawott, Snorlax, Gliscor, and Heracross.]

May: You too!
Brock: Don’t forget mine!

[May brought Skitty, Beautifly, Munchlax, and Blaziken, while Brock took along Steelix, Marshtomp, Forretress, and Geodude.]

Lana: [starts fangirling] WOW ASH YOUR GRENINJA IS SO COOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!
Greninja: Ninja!
Ash: Wow, you really think so?
Lana: Well, he’s a Water type, isn’t he? You know how much I love them!

[May and Lillie are chatting with each other]

Lillie: I love your Skitty, May! She’s so adorable!
[Skitty rubs her head against Lillie’s legs]
Skitty: Nyaaaa!
May: Thanks, Lillie. Your Vulpix is nice, too. How do you get her fur to stay so clean?
Lillie: Every night, I give her a bath, and scrub like there’s no tomorrow!
Snowy: Vulpix!
Skitty: Nya nya!
May: Looks like Skitty is making good friends with Snowy. That’s so sweet!

[Meanwhile, Kiawe has come across May’s Blaziken]

Kiawe: Hey, May, your Blaziken is super strong!!!! He knows all of my poses before I can even do them!!! I MUST KNOW ALL OF HIS SECRETS.
May: There’s no secret about it, Kiawe. I raised him like any other trainer would. Once I started entering him in Pokémon Contests after he became a Combusken, he got really powerful! Do they have any contests in Alola?
Kiawe: Not of the Pokémon variety. We do have The Great Pancake Race!
May: What’s that?
Lana: That’s where you have to complete a race by holding a plate of pancakes.
May: That sounds great! When can I enter?!?
Mallow: Oh, it’s not for another few months.
May: Awww....

[Max and Sophocles fraternize with each other]

Max: Sophocles, you’re a pretty smart guy! Just like me!
Sophocles: Stop it, you’re too kind!
Max: I like that little green Pokémon you have. What is it?
Sophocles: Oh, that’s Charjabug. He’s an Electric-type, like my Togedemaru.
Charjabug: Bug!
Max: Where’d you get him?
Sophocles: I got him as a present from the others when they thought I was moving away. Trust me, it’s a long story. There was also this one time I entered him in a Charjabug race, which I won, by the way.
Kiawe: Ahem!
Sophocles: Oh, and Kiawe and Ash helped a little.
Max: A Charjabug race? How does that work?
Sophocles: You put them in these little cars and then we-
Rotomdex: Boop beep beep! Attention! Professor Kukui has an announcement!
Kukui: Thanks for the introduction, Rotom. Now that we’ve all gotten acquainted with one another, who’s up for a game of catch?
Ash: I am!
Kiawe: So am I!
Turtonator: Tur!
Blaziken: Blaze!

Author’s note: So this first chapter was just an exercise for May and Max to get to know Ash’s classmates better. Don’t worry, though. The next chapter is where things will start to pick up steam. As always, tell me what you think in the comments.

Last edited:
After a day of relaxation, I’m back with the story.

Chapter 2

[On the beach...]

Jessie: James, can you please get me more suntan lotion? I’m burning over here!
James: Can’t Meowth or Wobbuffet get it? I’m so exhausted right now.
Jessie: Good idea! Meowth, Wobbuffet, help him out!
Meowth: I’m trying to take a cat nap!
Jessie: [starts whining like a baby] I WANT IT NOW!!! WAAAAH!!!!!
James: Alright! Alright! I’ll get it for you!

[Meanwhile, Ash, Kiawe, Turtonator, and Blaziken are playing a good old-fashioned game of catch. It’s Blaziken’s turn to throw.]

Ash: Over here, Blaziken!! I’m wide open!

[Unfortunately, he throws the ball so high and so fast that it leaves the school grounds! It lands right on Jessie, and bursts into flames!]

Jessie: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
James: Oh dear!!! Meowth, get some water!
Meowth: You got it, Jimmy!
[He grabs a water bottle and pours it on Jessie.]
Jessie: Whew! Thanks, Meowth! On a more important note, WHO THREW THAT AT ME???!!!???
James: I believe it came from the direction of the Pokémon School.
Jessie: GRRRR, I’M GONNA GET THAT TWERP FOR RUINING OUR VACATION!!!!
Meowth: Calm down, Jess. I’m sure it was just an accident.
Jessie: An ACCIDENT?!!?? When it comes to twerps, there are no accidents!!! Now follow me, I’m going to give him a taste of his own medicine!!

[But Ash, of course, is completely unaware of what just happened. That is, until Team Rocket suddenly shows up on the scene.]

Jessie: Prepare for trouble, we’ve followed you here...
James: Make it double, that’s perfectly clear!
Lillie: Not these creeps again....
Jessie: To protect the world from devastation...
James: To unite all pe-
Ash: Enough with the dumb poetry! What are you guys doing here? Can’t you see that we’re trying to have a nice vacation?
Jessie: SO WAS I!!!! Everything was going just fine until you twerps hit me with a flaming baseball!!!
Kiawe: [blushes] Eheheheh, sorry, that was Blaziken’s fault. He kind of threw it too high.
[Blaziken covers his face in shame]
Jessie: I DON’T CARE WHO THREW IT!!! What matters is that it ruined my hair, and my vacation!!!! Now you’re gonna pay! Go, Seviper!!
Seviper: Sevipaaah!!
James: Go, Carnivine! [Carnivine bites James on the head] Eeeeee!!! How many times have I told you not to do that?!?
Ash: Oh, so it’s a battle you want, huh? Go, Greninja, and Heracross!
Heracross: Heracro!
Brock: So, that’s your famous Greninja, huh? He does look pretty cool.
Sophocles: WOW YOUR HERACROSS IS SO AWESOME!!!!
Ash: Thanks! He beat Team Rocket on his first try!
James: Carnivine, use Bullet Seed!
Brock: Marshtomp, use Water Gun!
Marshtomp: Marsh!!!!
James: Aaah! It deflected the Bullet Seed back at us!
Ash: I didn’t know Water Gun could do that. Why don’t we give Brock a hand, huh, Greninja?

[Suddenly, a blue column of light surrounds Ash and his Greninja.]

Sophocles: What’s that?
Kiawe: I’ve never seen anything like it!
Rotomdex: Updating data! Updating data!

[Ash-Greninja has made his appearance!]

Lana: [starts fangirling again] OMG!!!! What kind of water type is that?!?
Ash: Allow me to introduce you guys to Ash-Greninja! When the two of us are in perfect sync, we can bond together into this special form!!!
Rotomdex: Bee-beep, boop boop boop! This is amazing!!! I must run some tests on this!!!!
Ash: Not now, Rotom. Maybe when the battle is over.
Rotomdex: Awwww....
Jessie: Enough chit chat! Let’s get back to our battle!
Ash: Good idea! Heracross, Mega Horn!!
Heracross: Heraaaaa....croooo!!!!
James: Look out, Carnivine!

[James pushes Carnivine out of the way and lets himself take the force of the attack.]

James: Yeeeeowch! That smarts!!!
Heracross: [confused] Hera?
James: Nice try, buggy boy, but you missed Carnivine!
Ash: Urggh, no fair!
Jessie: Seviper, while Heracross is distracted, use Bite!
Ash: Heracross, no!

[But then, Greninja jumps in the way and gets bitten instead. He screams in pain as Seviper’s sharp teeth dig into his skin. But this doesn’t stop him. He creates a powerful Water Pulse that sends Team Rocket flying.]

TR: Looks like Team Rocket’s blasting off agaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!

ding

Kukui: Nice job, Ash! You never told me you had such a powerful Pokémon.
Ash: Don’t thank me, thank Ash-Greninja!

[Suddenly, a major blast of energy shocks the two heroes.]

Rotomdex: Boop boop, bee bee beep! What’s happening?!? What’s happening?!?
May: Ash, are you alright?
Ash: The pain, it burns!!!!
Brock: Ash, something’s wrong with Greninja!
Ash: Huh?

[The area where Greninja was bitten by Seviper is turning a black color, which spreads to the rest of his body. Even more bizarre is that Ash is being magnetically drawn to him. When they touch, they somehow merge together into a single body. The result is an unholy combination of Ash and Greninja that angrily stares at Ash’s friends.]

Kukui: WHAT. IS. THAT?!?!?
Brock: I don’t know, but it doesn’t look friendly.

[The newly created creature starts talking in a voice that sounds a lot like Greninja’s but with actual speech.]

DG: Your friend Ash is no longer with us. I AM DARK GRENINJA!
Kiawe: Dark Greninja? What are you talking about? And what did you do to Ash?
DG: I assure you, he is quite safe...inside my HEAD!!!!
Kukui: What do you mean by that?
DG: His body and soul have been absorbed by me. We are now one single being!!! Look at all the new powers I possess!!

[The evil creature suddenly creates a Shadow Ball, and throws it at the Pokémon School, exploding in a flash of light.]

DG: Ha ha ha ha ha! I am no ordinary Greninja any more. I have gained Psychic and Dark type abilities! Now I must go do bad things!!!!!

[Dark Greninja goes to cause some mischief, leaving our heroes in shock.]

Max: Ummmm, what just happened?

[Principal Samson Oak comes running out of the school, burnt and battered, with his face morphing every time he says the name of a Pokémon]

Samson: Help! Help! Fire!!! We have an EEVEEmergency!
Max: Professor Oak?
Rotomdex: No, that is Principal Samson Oak. He is the Professor’s cousin.
Samson: I sure AMBIPOM!
Brock: What’s with the weird faces, then?
Mallow: Oh, he just likes to do Pokémon impressions for some reason.
May: Why?
Samson: WYNAUT??!!?? Haw! I gotcha with an old one! Now, can someone please tell me why the school just EXPLOUDed?!?
Kukui: It’s Ash. He’s gone crazy!
Samson: Crazy? How so?
Brock: Well, he merged with his Greninja-
Samson: Eeewwww! Gross!
Brock: No! Not like that! They combined into one single being!
Samson: What’s wrong with that? That sounds pretty cool!
May: The problem is that it turned him evil, too!
Samson: Not cool! I’d better call my cousin. He NOSEPASS what to do!
Max: When this is all over, I won’t be missing those puns.

Author’s note: That was pretty dramatic, wasn’t it? Now we come to my favorite part of this story: getting to write for Samson Oak! I can tell I’m gonna have a blast writing all those lame puns!

Last edited:
Warning: This next chapter contains a million bad puns.

[Professor Oak arrives on Melemele Island.]

Samson: COUSIN!!! Thank ARCEUS you’re here!
Oak: What seems to be the problem?
May: It’s about Ash! Something really bad happened to him!!! He turned evil!!!!!
Kukui: We’re still not entirely certain on the exact cause, but he and his Greninja somehow merged together and created a....I don’t even know how to describe it...
Oak: Oh, dear! That does sound serious!
Samson: Never FEAROW, cousin! You’ll be just TAPU Fine-I!
Oak: [annoyed] I’m ignoring you. So, do you guys remember what happened immediately before this transformation?
Brock: Well, Team Rocket showed up, and we had a battle with them. Then Ash and Greninja did their bonding thing, and Seviper bit Greninja and-
Oak: Wait! What’s this about biting?
Sophocles: Oh, uh, while they were battling, Greninja got bitten by Seviper.
Oak: Interesting....
Kukui: Not only that, after they blasted Team Rocket away, the area where he got bitten turned this weird black color, and then it spread to the rest of the body. That’s when the two of them merged together and became Dark Greninja!
Oak: Dark Greninja? Hmm. I’m willing to bet that when Greninja got bitten by Seviper, the poison contained in his fangs had some kind of reaction to the bonding process. Greninja couldn’t control it, so it took over his mind, and, since they were still bonded, it took Ash as well.
Lillie: Now I remember! Just before he left, he said that Ash was inside his mind! What does that mean, Professor Oak?
Oak: I haven’t a clue. This is only the first time I have ever heard of something like this happening. I suggest we call up Professor Sycamore from the Kalos region. He knows a lot more about these things than I do.
Sycamore: Did someone call my name?

[Professor Sycamore randomly walks up from the beach, accompanied by his Garchomp.]

Oak: Sycamore, what are you doing here?
Sycamore: Garchomp and I are on our annual Alolan vacation.
Oak: Well, your vacation is going to have be put on hold for a little while, because Ash is in serious trouble! He and his Greninja have merged together and created an evil monster that we can’t stop!!
Sycamore: Did you say “merged together”?
Oak: Yeah, why?
Sycamore: Oh my god...I have seen this happen once before, but no one ever believed me.
Kukui: Tell us about it!
Sycamore: Alright, then. It happened a few years ago. My assistant Alain and I discovered a young trainer who had a very special bond with his Sceptile, much like the bond that Ash has with his Greninja. We taught him how to control his power and use it for good. And we had many adventures, too.
Brock: So, what happened?
Sycamore: The very same thing that troubles you now. When Sceptile got bitten by an Arbok, he merged with his trainer and created a Dark Sceptile!
Kukui: Were you able to stop him?
Sycamore: Unfortunately not. We never saw him again after that day.
Oak: Hopefully, we’ll find Ash. He can’t have gone too far. Where did he say he was going?
May: All he said was that he was going to do “evil things”.
Samson: Then we had better go and find him! Let’s get busy as a BEEDRILL and swift as a SUICUNE!!!
Oak: Alright, could you stop it with the puns?!?

[Meanwhile, Dark Greninja is causing chaos in the main town on Melemele Island. Using his newly acquired Dark Type moves, he blows up the shopping center. Seeing as it is an early Sunday morning, no one is hurt, but the building is a total loss. The beast laughs like a serial killer at the destruction he has caused. Officer Jenny and her police force arrive on the scene with Supertank! But it is no match for Dark Greninja, who pulls it apart with little effort.]

DG: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No one can even challenge my awesome powers!!! I am now in control of this town!!!!
Random guy: I’m getting out of here!
DG: No one may leave without my permission!
Random guy: Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it, Froggy?!? See ya!
DG: I said no one leaves!!!

[Dark Greninja shoots a laser beam out of his eyes, and blows the random guy to bits.]

DG: It’s past his curfew!
Jenny 1: This thing is too strong for us. Call the army...
DG: Mama doesn’t like tattletales!
[shoots laser beam at Jenny, who manages to get away]
Jenny 2: Please save us, Arceus!!! We need you!!!!

Author’s note: This was another chapter that was really fun to write. Aside from the puns, I also had fun coming up with Dark Greninja’s lame one-liners. And I hope some of you guys are John Carpenter fans, because I snuck in a They Live reference. The part where the dude gets fried by his lasers is a reference to a deleted scene from Superman II, which I’ve always wanted to put in one of my stories.

Last edited:
Chapter 4

[Team Rocket have returned to their traveling food cart, looking for potential customers.]

Jessie: Step right up, folks! Our famous malasadas are back on the market!
Wobbuffet: Wobba!
James: Get ‘em while they’re red hot! You won’t find these anywhere else!!!

[The town which they have arrived in appears to be empty. No people or Pokémon are roaming the streets, and the only sound is that of rushing waves. Even the water fountains in the town square have stopped running.]

James: Say, where is everyone? Melemele Island seems rather quiet today.
Jessie: Usually we’d have people swarming us by now. Maybe they’re all at the beach or something.
Meowth: [shaking with fear] Uh, guys....I think I know why everyone left.
James: Huh?
Meowth: Look up dere....

[On a nearby rooftop, a black figure stands alone, angrily staring at Team Rocket. The figure looks oddly familiar to them, but they fail to make the connection]

DG: AHA!!! I FINALLY FOUND YOU!!!!
James: Do we know you?
DG: You fools don’t recognize me? I am DARK GRENINJA!!!!
Jessie: Nope, never heard of you.
James: WAIT!!! That’s the twerp’s Greninja!
Jessie: It can’t be, his Greninja is blue.
DG: FOOOOOOOLS!!!! I am indeed Ash Ketchum’s Greninja, and I’ve come to destroy you three for turning me into this monster!!!
Meowth: Us? But we didn’t do nuthin’!
DG: OH YES YOU DID!!!! It was your Seviper who bit me, and the amount of poison in that bite caused an unusual reaction that made me combine with Ash, and gave me Poison and Dark Type move, creating the monster that you see before you now.
James: Did you say, “combine”? As in, merge together with him?
DG: Yes.....I am now the dominant personality, while Ketchum’s mind is stored away in my head!
Jessie: That’s terrible!!! He may be annoying, but that gives you no right to take over his body!!!
DG: SILENCE!!!!! Now, I’d like to show you a trick...Super Tongue Stretch, go!!!
James: Super what?

[Dark Greninja unleashes a move that no one has ever seen before. He shoots his tongue out to an abnormally long length and wraps it around Team Rocket’s food truck. Then he starts spinning around in circles.]

DG: [singing] Spinning round and round, never looking down!
James: Let us go! I’m getting dizzy in here!
DG: Why didn’t you say so?!? Alley....oop!!!

[Dark Greninja’s tongue lets go of the truck and throws it into the air. After flying for some distance, it lands in front of Ash’s friends, who were just about to go looking for him.]

Samson: What the SWELLOW is going on?!

[Team Rocket slowly crawls out of the truck, battered and bruised. They suddenly realize where they landed.]

Jessie: Oh, great!! Now we’re back where we started!!
James: HELP US!!!! We just got attacked by an evil twerp!!!
Brock: You guys saw Ash?!? Where was he?
James: [whining like a little kid] We were in Downtown trying to sell our malasadas when he showed up and threw us all the way back here! It was sooooo scaryyyyy!!!!
May: He threw you guys back here? How’d he do that?
Meowth: He made his tongue longer and wrapped it around our food truck!
Kukui: I didn’t know Greninja had any tongue extending powers.
Brock: Remember, that isn’t Greninja anymore! It’s Dark Greninja! He has powers that are far beyond that of a normal Greninja, so it wouldn’t be too hard to assume that he came up with new moves.
James: Well, I hope he doesn’t come back here! I’m scared!
Meowth: Me too!
Jessie: Stop acting like a bunch of babies!! We have to stop that thing!!!
Brock: For once, I agree with Jessie. We’ve gotta find a way to get Ash back to normal, even if that means getting Team Rocket to help us!
James: The enemy of our enemy is our friend!! Let’s go take that twerp down!!!
Sycamore: We’d better hurry! We can’t let him reach the water!
Max: Why?
Sycamore: I neglected to mention this earlier, but that other trainer who had this happen to him got more powerful after coming into contact with grass. If Greninja gets in the water, who knows what might happen!

[Meanwhile, Dark Greninja stands on top of Melemele Island’s extinct volcano, looking at the vast panorama in front of him. It is already late afternoon, and the skies are turning a sea of orange and purple.]

DG: Beware, Alola. The Darkness is coming, and when it does, there will be no one left to stop me.

[Then, from inside his mind, Ash begins to speak.]

Ash: Huh...where am I??? Why is everything all black?
DG: What?!? I thought I took over the rest of your conscience!
Ash: Greninja, is that you?
DG: That’s DARK Greninja to you, Ketchum!
Ash: What’s going on here?!?
DG: You are now inside my mind!!! Or should I say, OUR mind?!?
Ash: How did you get so evil?
DG: That Seviper bite was quite a powerful thing. So powerful, in fact, that it altered our bonding power, allowing us to become one single being! And the best part? It also gave me Dark and Poison abilities! Isn’t that cool?
Ash: No! It’s not cool! Apparently the bite also made you go crazy! Now stop acting like that and turn us back to normal!
DG: But I like my new powers. In fact, why don’t you take a look at what they can do!

[Ash is shown a memory of Dark Greninja blowing up the Pokémon School with his Shadow Ball. He also sees the destruction of the shopping centre and downtown areas.]

Ash: You...you destroyed them!
DG: Ah, ah, ah! WE destroyed them! I told you I’ve gotten more powerful!!!
Ash: You’re a monster!! Let me out of here!
DG: I’m sorry, Ash. I’m afraid I can’t do that.
Ash: Wh-wh-why not??
DG: Because I am the one in control now! Once I show you all of my excellent new powers, you will see that this is how it should be!

[Dark Greninja hops off the volcano and runs into the woods. He reaches a clearing where a nature trail passes through, and our heroes just so happen to be walking on it.]

Brock: There you are!!!
DG: Uh-oh!
James: We’ve got you right where we want you, twerp.
Lillie: Give us back Ash, or else!
DG: Or else what? Are you going to attack me or something?
Kukui: That’s exactly what we were planning on doing.
DG: Okay, but you’ll have to catch me, first!!!!
Brock: Come back here!!!!

[The chase is on! Our heroes chase Dark Greninja through the woods, while he dodges every single attack they can throw at him. Finally, they reach the end of the woods, and arrive at a fishing pier. Dark Greninja stops in his tracks, having seemingly been caught at a dead end.]

Brock: Freeze!!!
DG: Aw, man! I’m trapped!
May: That’s right! We’ve got you right where we want you!
Max: There’s nowhere left for you to go! Well, except the water...
May: Max, be quiet!
DG: The water, eh?
Sycamore: Whatever you do, don’t jump in the water!!!!
DG: See ya, suckers!
Brock: NO!!!!

[But it is too late. Dark Greninja runs to the end of the pier and dives into the water with a splash.]

Kukui: We....couldn’t stop him in time.
May: Maybe we would have if a certain someone hadn’t opened his mouth! [angrily glares at Max]
Max: I’m sorry, May!! I couldn’t help it!!!

[Suddenly, the pier starts shaking, and the whole ground rumbles.]

James: What’s that sound?
Meowth: I don’t know, but whatever it is, it don’t sound good!
Oak: Look up in the sky!

[A whole flock of Wingull and Pelipper are flying away from the ocean. Some water Pokémon wash up on the beach, too. Then, the ocean waters start bubbling. This can only mean one thing...]

Kukui: Everyone, get away from the water!!!
Rotomdex: [imitates siren] Woop, woop, woop, woop! Emergency! Emergency! Danger! Danger!
Kukui: Stop fooling around and get back!
Samson: Get up and GOGOAT!
Kukui: And you! Stop with the puns!
Samson: Yes, sir.

[Suddenly, something starts to slowly rise out of the ocean.]

James: Wh-wh-wh-what’s that?!?
Jessie: Is it a Wailord?
Oak: That’s no Wailord.....

[The object has now risen to the point where they can make out a familiar pair of eyes.]

Max: Is that who I think it is?
May: It can’t be....but it is!!!!!

[At last, the object is revealed to be an enormous, hulking, menacing monster, also known as...Dark Greninja!!!!]

DG: REMEMBER MEEEEEE??????

Author’s note: And so ends another chapter. By now, I’m getting really confident in writing this story. There’s only two chapters left, and they are very important, so I’m ending this one here.

Some things I wanted to point out:

1. The lyrics Dark Greninja sings while spinning around are taken from “I’m Not the One”, by The Cars, which happens to be one of my all time favorite songs.

2. Since they were in Alola, I figured I’d throw in an appearance of Team Rocket’s food truck. But what about Bewear? Well, stay tuned...

3. See if you can spot the 2001: A Space Oddyssey reference I snuck in.

As always, comments are welcome.

Last edited:
This next chapter is dedicated to Unsho Ishizuka, a brilliant seiyuu, and the man who gave Orchid-Hakase life. Godspeed, Ishizuka-san.

Chapter 5

[Our heroes stare in shock as Dark Greninja now towers over them.]

Rotomdex: ERROR! ERROR! MY DATA DOES NOT CONTAIN ANYTHING ABOUT GIANT MONSTER GRENINJAS!!!
Sophocles: How are we gonna stop this thing?
Kiawe: We can’t! He’s too strong!
Lillie: Then we should just run away!
May: Good idea!

[They try to run back into the forest, but Dark Greninja uses his psychic powers to create a force field, blocking them from entering.]

Brock: Aw, man! Now how can we get away from him?
Rotomdex: Have no fear, everyone! I will find a way, for I am... [puts on a wig] Alolan Detective Rotom!
Brock: This is no time for fooling around, Rotom! We’ve gotta save Ash!
Rotomdex: That’s DETECTIVE Rotom to you! I know exactly what I’m doing!
May: Does Rotom always act like this?
Kukui: Pretty much.

[Suddenly, something drops out of the sky. It is large, furry, and pink. Team Rocket knows exactly who it is.]

James: Bewear?!?
Jessie: Thank goodness! Bewear’s come to save us....I hope!

[Bewear grabs Team Rocket, along with Ash’s friends, and jumps into the sky, to the bewilderment of Dark Greninja.]

DG: WHAT IS GOING ON??!!??
Ash: [from inside DG’s mind] Way to go, Bewear! Get them away from here!
DG: BIG DEAL. YOUR STUPID FRIENDS MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN AWAY, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I CAN’T CAUSE MISCHIEF ELSEWHERE!
Ash: What sort of mischief?
DG: OH, I DON’T KNOW...HOW ABOUT THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WATER POKÉMONS’ ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM?!!?
Ash: You wouldn’t...
DG: OH, YES, I WOULD! JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!

[Dark Greninja starts absorbing more energy from the ocean water, growing bigger with every second that passes. Several water Pokémon rise to the surface, drained of all their energy.]

Ash: You monster! Can’t you see what you’re doing to those Pokémon?!? If you keep this up, they’ll die!
DG: NO THEY WON’T! I’LL SAVE THEM WITH THIS!!!

[Dark Greninja starts to emit strange mind signals to the Pokémon of the ocean. They all swim towards him, without any second thoughts....]

[Meanwhile, Bewear and our heroes have landed on the beach behind Kukui’s house.]

James: Thanks, Bewear! I take back all those bad things I’ve said about you in the past!
Jessie: That goes double for me!
Meowth: Me too!
Brock: Where are we, anyway?
Kukui: It seems that Bewear somehow knew to drop us off by my house. How convenient!
Sycamore: More like contrived...
Max: That was so cool! I wanna do it again!
May: Maybe later, Max. Right now, we’ve gotta figure out a way to stop Dark Greninja.
Brock: Professor Oak, do you know anything about how to stop him?
Oak: I wish I did, Brock. You have to remember that this has only ever happened once before. Professor Sycamore, do you remember anything from your experience?
Sycamore: Nothing that I didn’t tell you before.
Brock: You must know something! What kind of use are you as a professor if you don’t remember something as important as that?!?
Sophocles: Wait a minute! I’ve got it!
Kiawe: What is it?
Sophocles: Electricity! We can stop him with our electric types!
Oak: Of course! Why didn’t I think of that?
Sycamore: That’s an excellent idea, young man, but it’s going to take a lot more than just two measly electric types to stop something as big as that!
Sophocles: Gee, I hadn’t thought of that....
Kukui: Besides, Dark Greninja isn’t just a water type anymore, he’s also a psychic and dark type! He might be immune to the electricity.
Rotomdex: WARNING! WARNING! DARK GRENINJA COMING THIS WAY!

[Rotomdex is right. Off in the distance, Dark Greninja moves towards them.]

Mallow: Is it me or did he get bigger?!?
Brock: Either that or we’re getting smaller!
Oak: Looks like he found some new friends.

[Dark Greninja has amassed himself quite an army. Various water types, including Wailord, Luvdisc, Corsola, Dewgong, Cloyster, Sealeo, Walrein, Feraligatr, and even Kyogre, have all gathered behind him, awaiting their orders.]

Kukui: What did you do to those Pokémon?
DG: DON’T WORRY ABOUT THEM. THEY ARE NOW PART OF MY ARMY!
Oak: Army?
DG: YES. USING MY PSYCHIC POWERS, I HYPNOTIZED THESE POKÉMON TO SERVE AS MY OBEDIENT SOLDIERS.
Oak: That’s horrible! Destroying their habitat was bad enough, but now you’ve gone too far!!! This has to stop now! Give us back Ash!
DG: NO WAY! I AM NOT GOING TO LET HIM FREE! ATTACK THEM, MY SOLDIERS!!!!
Samson: Uh-oh, this looks like TRUBBISH! Go, VULPIX!
May: You too, Blaziken!
Kukui: Come on out, Marowak!
Max: What can Marowak do that can stop those guys?
Kiawe: Allow me to demonstrate. Alright, Marowak...INFERNO OVERDRIVE!!!

[Marowak creates a huge green ball of fire that takes out several of the hypnotized Pokémon.]

Max: Wow! What was that?!?
Kiawe: That, my friend, is a Z-move. It’s a special technique that we-
Brock: Less talking, more fighting!! Go, Marshtomp! Take out the smaller ones!
Sycamore: Garchomp, use Dragon Claw!

[Garchomp and Marshtomp go over to the army, where Garchomp assaults a Gyrados with Dragon Claw, and Marshtomp Hydro Pumps a Walrein.]

DG: STOP! YOU’RE RUINING MY ARMY!!!!
Brock: We’re just getting warmed up! The best is yet to come!
May: Munchlax, use Solar Beam!!!

[The super powerful Solar Beam wipes out another large portion of Dark Greninja’s army. Dark Greninja panics and moves his tongue out of the way.]

May: Nice job, Munchlax! Try to get him with it this time!

[But Dark Greninja’s reflexes allow him to dodge it at the last second.]

DG: HA! YOU MISSED ME!!! AND DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING IT AGAIN, BECAUSE I’LL BE READY FOR IT!!! BUT IN THE MEANTIME, HERE’S A LITTLE TRICK I CALL, “DARK BUBBLE BLAST”!

[Dark Greninja shoots out several dark, giant bubbles. After a few seconds of just floating around, the bubbles explode, creating a shockwave that knocks everyone off their feet. In the ensuing chaos, both Garchomp and Munchlax are knocked out, along with some of Dark Greninja’s soldiers.]

May: Oh no! Munchlax, return!
Sycamore: You too, Garchomp!
DG: WASN’T THAT FUN?!?
Kukui: Fun? FUN?!!??? You think this is all just a game?!? You could have killed us! But, on the plus side, it seems you’ve also knocked out some of your own Pokémon.
DG: NO FAIR!!! THAT WASN’T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!

[Inside of Dark Greninja’s mind, Ash roots for his friends.]

Ash: Just give up, Greninja! My friends are going to beat you!
DG: BE QUIET IN THERE!!! THEY MAY HAVE WIPED OUT MOST OF MY TROOPS, BUT I’M NOT DONE YET! I HAVEN’T EVEN SHOWN THEM MY FINAL FORM!
Ash: Wait, what? Final form? What’s that supposed to mean?
DG: YOU’LL SEE....

[Outside, our heroes get ready to start attacking again.]

Kiawe: Now that we’ve got the smaller Pokémon out of the way, let’s try to get some of the stronger ones.
Brock: Great idea! This is a job for my Steelix!
DG: SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING, BUT I HAVE ONE LAST SURPRISE FOR YOU ALL. NOW, IT IS TIME FOR ME TO REVEAL MY FINAL FORM, AND FOR YOU TO BASK IN ITS GLORY!!!!
Kukui: What does he mean by that?

[Suddenly, Dark Greninja begins a horrifying metamorphosis. First, spikes grow out of his back. His long tongue (which now has a fork at the end) extends to a very absurd length, just as Jessie and James had claimed. But this time, the tongue is big enough to crush somebody. The Pokémon that have been under his control suddenly snap out of it, and they quickly flee.]

Oak: What is going on?!?
Sycamore: I don’t know, but it doesn’t look good! Even his Pokémon didn’t want to stay!

[The transformation continues. Scales grow all over Dark Greninja’s body. His webbed hands turn into reptilian-like claws. He even grows blood-red fangs!]

Jessie: Those look like Seviper’s fangs!
Oak: That’s because they are! Seviper’s DNA must have gotten mixed up with Greninja’s after that Bite, but it’s only beginning to show itself now.

[Dark Greninja suddenly begins writhing in pain. It has become apparent that he can’t control the transformation.]

DG: I AM....URGH....BECOMING....SOMETHING HORRIBLE!!!! GYAAAAARRRRGGH!! P-PLEASE....G-GET AWAY....ARRRGGGHHHHH....
Kukui: Everyone, get inside my house! We’ll be safe in there!

Author’s note: Now we come to the climax of the story. This chapter was actually pretty hard for me to write. Despite having already acted this story out with my sister, and, therefore, having an outline to work from, I felt like it needed a more thrilling ending. Originally, a whole bunch of Ash’s other companions came and used their attacks all at once. I thought that was pretty cheesy and anti-climactic, so I’ve given our heroes more of a challenge. I also decided to add in a dedication to Unsho Ishizuka at the beginning, due to his unfortunate passing while I was working on this. The next chapter will probably be the last, and after that, I’ll be taking a break from writing fan fictions for a while.

Last edited:
So this is it...the final chapter. All of the drama that I have been building up to will show itself here.

Chapter 6

[Professor Burnet is inside of the house, preparing dinner (and keeping a close eye on her Munchlax). She is surprised to hear all of the commotion going on outside, and even more surprised when a whole bunch of people show up at the door!]

Burnet: My goodness! What’s all this?
Kukui: No time to talk, dear! Get down, now!

[A big explosion of energy suddenly rocks the house. Pottery falls off of shelves, the TV set breaks, and the dinner Burnet has been making ends up in her face.]

James: I’m so scared! [to Brock] Hold me!
Brock: Nice try, but I only hold girls! [turns to Burnet] Excuse me, miss, but would you be so kind as to let me hold you in my arms?
Burnet: [points to Kukui] Sorry, but I’m already taken.
Brock: Awwww.....

[When the dust clears, our heroes take a peek out the window. Everything seems quiet....]

Kukui: Can you see anything?
Brock: I can’t. Where’s Dark Greninja?

[But before anyone has time to answer, out from the water comes the beast himself, now in a bizarrely deformed state. He looks like an unholy cross between Greninja, Ash, and Seviper. The evil creature roars like something out of a Godzilla film.]

DG: GRAAARRRGGHHH!!! SEVIIPPPAAAAAHHHH!
Sycamore: Yikes! He even talks like Seviper now!
Oak: Indeed. So I guess we can’t call him Dark Greninja anymore.
Brock: Now he’s Dark Greviper! Heh, I like the sound of that!

[Dark “Greviper” sends out his super long tongue and tries to crush our heroes.]

Oak: Stay away from that thing! It’s probably got enough poison to kill a Mewtwo!
Brock: Wait! I think the tongue might be his weak point!
Oak: What makes you think so?
Brock: I noticed it earlier when we were fighting him. When May tried to get him with Munchlax’s Solar Beam, he was very quick to get his tongue out of the way.
Sycamore: Of course! Now I understand! The tongue must be where he’s keeping Ash’s mind!
Kukui: Rotom, could you do a scan of that thing’s tongue for me?
Rotomdex: Beebeep, boop beep boop! I sure can!

[Rotomdex performs an X-ray of the beast’s tongue, which reveals a faint outline of Ash inside.]

Max: There he is!
Sycamore: I knew he’d be in there. Okay, everybody! Aim all of your attacks at his tongue!
May: What?!? But we might hurt Ash, too!!
Sycamore: It’s a risk that we’re willing to take.
DG: SSSSSSSSAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
Kukui: On the count of three. Three, two, one, FIRE!!!!!

[At the same time, our heroes’ Pokémon perform their attack and direct them towards Dark Greviper’s tongue. Upon making their mark, the monster wails in pain.]

Oak: Well done! Now, let’s try it again!

[This time, it’s even more successful, as half of the attacks hit the tongue, and the other half hits his forehead. Suddenly, his entire body starts glowing a strange shade of pink.]

Kukui: Oh no! Not again!
Samson: Everyone, PSYDUCK and cover!!!
Oak: Shut up and get down, Samson!

[A blinding explosion of light fills the air, knocking everyone off their feet (or paws, or whatever they happen to have). When it fades away, there is no sign of the creature. Instead, a young boy riding a big wave comes into view.]

Kukui: I’d know that kid anywhere!
Brock: Ash is alright!!!!
Everyone: YAAAAY!!!
Ash: What’s with all the applause, you guys? You’d think I just won the Pokémon League, or something.
May: Ash, thank goodness you’re safe!
Kiawe: Yeah, we were worried! We didn’t think you’d make it out of there alive!
Oak: There doesn’t even appear to be a scratch on him. I’d say he made it out pretty okay.
Ash: Hey, wait a minute!!! Where’s Greninja?
Kukui: Wasn’t he out on the wave with you?
Ash: No! I can’t find him!
Brock: Wait, what’s that in the water over there?

[Something blue and bruised washes up on shore. It appears to be a Pokémon.]

Brock: Ash....I...think I found your Greninja.
Ash: Let me see!

[Ash is greeted with the unconscious body of his Pokémon. The explosion of energy clearly did some type of heavy damage to him.]

Oak: He looks like he’s in pretty bad shape.
Ash: Quick! We’ve gotta get him to the Pokémon Center!

-Pokemon Center-

[A few hours later......]

Ash: Is he gonna be alright?
Kukui: Ash, Nurse Joy said that the procedure wouldn’t hurt him at all.
Brock: He’s right, Ash. This is something that all the Pokémon that come here undergo to make sure that they’re fine. Besides, Professor Sycamore is in there helping them.

[Nurse Joy comes out of the room where Greninja is being kept under watch.]

Joy: Good news, Ash. Your Greninja-
Brock: Ah, yes! It’s very good news! Good news that I finally met you. [starts speaking in a French accent] Now, come with me to the Casbah and we can make beautiful-AGGGGGHH!!!!!
Max: The only thing she’ll be making is a run for it.
Brock: Not the ear!
Joy: Anyway, your Greninja’s operation is finished.
Ash: Is he alright?
Joy: Aside from a broken arm and some scratches, he’s in perfectly good health. Why don’t you come in here and take a look?
Ash: I don’t see why not.

[Ash’s Greninja is lying in bed with his left arm in a cast. He looks rather upset.]

Sycamore: Greninja, look who’s here to see you.
Ash: Hey, buddy. It’s me, Ash. How do you feel?

[Greninja just remains still and says nothing.]

Ash: What’s wrong, Greninja? Aren’t you happy to see me?
Sycamore: We’ve been trying to get a response from him for a while now. Nurse Joy thought that bringing you in here would make him feel better.
Ash: Well, it doesn’t look like he’s feeling too happy. Wait, I feel something...
Sycamore: What is it?
Ash: I can feel his thoughts!
Sycamore: Don’t leave us hanging here, what’s he thinking?
Ash: It appears that he thinks he let me down.
Sycamore: Huh? Why would he feel that way?

[Greninja begins crying. This triggers a sudden change in Ash’s emotions.]

Ash: Whatever Greninja feels, I feel! Now I’m sad, too! [sobbing] Don’t worry, buddy! Everything is gonna be alright!
Sycamore: Fascinating! I knew their bond was really strong, but I didn’t know that they could share the same emotions!

[Ash reaches over and embraces his Pokémon. This makes Greninja immediately stop crying.]

Ash: It’s not your fault that this happened. It’s Team Rocket’s fault! They’re the ones who started this whole mess by turning us into a monster! Where are those creeps, anyway?
Joy: We’re not sure. They just snuck off.
Ash: They’re lucky, because I was gonna give them a good thrashing!
Ash: Hey, you said something! You must wanna get back at them, too! When we get back to Hoenn, I promise you’ll get to blast them off!

[Meanwhile...]

Jessie: Thank goodness we escaped! That twerp looked like he was going to kill us for hurting his Greninja!
James: To be fair, it was kind of our fault that he went crazy.
Jessie: Stop with the soft talk! You’re not supposed to be fair!

[Bewear grabs Jessie, James, and Meowth, and brings them to their submarine, which is waiting for them by the airport.]

JJM: We’re off with a new blast!!!!
Jessie: Shut up!

[The next day...]

Ash: Come on, Brock! Max and May are already waiting for us on the plane!
Brock: Give me a few minutes! I’m saying goodbye to your friends!
Kiawe: What are you talking about? You’ve only said goodbye to the girls!
Brock: THEY’RE THE ONLY ONES THAT MATTER TO ME!!!
May: Do you want me to send Max back out?
Brock: AHHH! NO! Sorry about that, boys. I’m gonna miss you too. Bye!
Kukui: Good luck on your trip back, Ash!
Samson: If you’re ever in another league match, I’ll make sure to WATCHOG!!!
Rotomdex: [robotic crying] Boo hoo! Boo hoo! I’ll
miss you so much!
Ash: I’ll miss you too, Rotom. Alright, now I’m ready.
Pilot: I’m afraid I have some bad news. This flight has been cancelled.
Ash: Huh? What for?
Pilot: We’re out of fuel. It’ll take hours for us to refill.
Brock: Aw, man.
Max: Hey, look! There’s a rowboat! We can use that to get home!
May: What luck!

And so, our heroes set sail for Hoenn after an eventful vacation. With lots of action and excitement, it’s sure to one for the ages...as the journey continues....

THE END

So, this concludes the epic saga of an Alolan vacation gone wrong. It’s been a struggle writing this, and I’m glad to have finally gotten it done. To see what happens next, check out my other story, “Giovanni’s Master Plan”, which picks up right where this one leaves off. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling me what you thought of it!

My dream cast:

Veronica Taylor: Ash, May
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Eric Stuart: Brock, James, Alolan Exeggutor
Amy Birnbaum: Max
Rachael Lillis: Jessie, Beautifly
Abe Goldfarb: Professor Kukui
Roger Callagy: Rotomdex
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld: Sophocles
Marc Swint: Kiawe
Rosie Reyes: Lana
Laurie Hymes: Lillie
Rebecca Soler: Mallow
Marc Thompson: Samson Oak, Turtonator, Pilot, Random Guy
Carter Cathcart: Meowth, Carnivine, Marshtomp
Stan Hart: Professor Oak
Billy Bob Thompson: Greninja, Dark Greninja, Seviper, Greviper
Kate Bristol: Togedemaru
Michele Knotz: Bewear
Rebecca Becker: Charjabug
Katsuyuki Konishi: Heracross, Garchomp
Erica Schroeder: Wobbuffet, Nurse Joy
Darren Dunstan: Blaziken, Munchlax
Jake Paque: Professor Sycamore
Melissa Hope: Professor Burnet
Emily Jenness: Snowy
Megumi Hayashibara: Skitty
Lee Quick: Officer Jenny
Sam Black: Marowak
Rodger Parsons: Narrator

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom