• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola League Hopes

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Thought I would create a thread dedicated to what you hope the Alola League will be

I'm hoping for a repeat of the Sinnoh League where Ash brings back most, if not all his past Pokemon, maybe have one of them evolve

Gary and/or Tracey cameo or have a speaking role

Brock be working at the league as a Fully qualified Doctor

Maybe even have Paul turn up as a last minute rival

Seeing as how he doesn't really have a full team yet, it's very likely he'll be pulling out some of his older mons for the battles. As for Paul? Not a chance. Leagues have ever only had rivals compete (on screen) that are in that region's gym challenge.

I think it’s likely we see past Pokémon. And they’ll be probably Kanto ones to promote LGPE.
Hopefully one of them evolves (Squirtle maybe? Since Bulbasaur refused to evolve its out of the question).

I would love to see Ash rotate his pokemon around like he did in the Sinnoh League for sure. Maybe give one of them the Quilava treatment and evolve them if they haven't already. It's wishful thinking, but I can dream. Also Kiawe definitely needs more Pokemon in case of full battles.

If he does in fact end up using his past Pokemon from Oak's Lab, I really hope he doesn't just stick with just his Kanto Pokemon. As much as I love Charizard, Bulbasaur, and Tauros, they have already gotten a lot of spotlight in more current episodes. Charizard has had a lot of screen time with Ash in late BW, M16, and M20. We've also seen a lot of other trainer's Charizards getting a good amount of screen time (Alain, Trevor, and Kiawe) . Ash has also reunited with Bulbasaur and Tauros plenty of times when he's returned to Kanto.

I would love to see Ash bring back some of his Sinnoh Pokemon. It's been 8 years since Diamond and Pearl ended, and 8 years since the last time Ash has used or even mentioned ANY of his Sinnoh Pokemon. I would love to see Ash reunite with Infernape again, it went through a lot development for it to just be forgotten . Maybe they can have his Gible evolve right before or during the Alola League (ala Quilava).

I'd hate for him to be resuing his Kanto mons solely to promote LGPE. Not only would I find that appalling but it really wouldn't make sense in-universe to not call for the likes of Sceptile or Infernape after how well they did in the Sinnoh League, the last time Ash opened the floodgates and used all of his Oak'd reserves.

It's not like he'd be able to bring a lot from this OG group anyway. At Oak's lab right now are Bulbasaur, Charizard, Kingler, Muk, 30 Tauros, and Snorlax. Not really a whole lot if you only count Tauros once. Focusing on the first generation wouldn't give us a lot of variety.

I mean... he didn’t use Charizard (one of his strongest) for the Sinnoh league, instead using options like Torcoal and Gible...
I'd thought that's because Charizard wasn't living at the lab. Gliscor was the only mon training elsewhere whom I expected to see return because it was part of the earlier Lake Acuity battle against Paul.

I think i'd like it if Krookodile made a return and get himself an epic battle. Or maybe Unfezant or Palpitoad since they were so neglected back in Unova.

My wishlist of past Pokemon to return for the Alola League: (I'll be happy to see at least 3 Pokemon on this list return)

Kanto: Squirtle or Kingler

Johto: Quilava (only battled once since evolving) and Heracross.

Hoenn: Sceptile or Glalie (possibly mega evolve..??)

Sinnoh: Infernape, Gible (possibly evolve), Buizel and Gliscor.

Unova: Krookodile, and Oshowott (fits in with Sun & Moon's comedic style)

Kalos: Greninja and Hawlucha.

My wishlist of past Pokemon to return for the Alola League: (I'll be happy to see at least 3 Pokemon on this list return)

Kanto: Squirtle or Kingler

Johto: Quilava (only battled once since evolving) and Heracross.

Hoenn: Sceptile or Glalie (possibly mega evolve..??)

Sinnoh: Infernape, Gible (possibly evolve), Buizel and Gliscor.

Unova: Krookodile, and Oshowott (fits in with Sun & Moon's comedic style)

Kalos: Greninja and Hawlucha.
Instead of Glalie I would choose Corpfish

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom