• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola League Hopes

Once Ash's Alolan Team gets boxed maybe Incineroar will introduce the concept of Battle Royal to the Pokemon so Infernape and Sceptile don’t miss out.
I would LOVE that. Why I have the feeling that the most of Ash his pokemon are in another region since they didnt appear when they went to Kanto?

I'm hoping Royal Mask joins the league, I feel like the slow build up of Kukui's team would pay off greatly if it was the final challenge Ash has to face in the league. I also want Ash classmates to participate, at least the ones with Z-rings (Suiren and Kaki) or the ones that are being hinted at getting one soon (Lillie), but they don't seem to be close to having big enough teams yet (closest one is Kaki with 3, kinda). If anything, having them split from Satoshi temporarily to do the island challenge and build their teams off-screen would be good enough in my book.

On the other hand, I'm hoping we get some elite 4 involvement as well, even if Ash doesn't win the league it'd be nice to see whoever wins face the elite 4 as well, especially since all of Ash's rivals have been involved with the show since the early stages.

I'm also hoping for the Misty and Brock promised return to happen during the league as well.

Oh yeah, I forgot something. Just a little tiny request I have regarding Ash's final battle in the tournament. Please writers, for the love of Arceus, don't have the opponent's pokemon be so overpowered! One complaint I had about the Kalos League is Alain's Charizard showing no signs of being injured or even tired after the battle despite everything Ash-Greninja did to it. What I love about the Johto League is that even though Ash lost to Harrison, Ash's Charizard managed to injure Harrison's Blaziken so much that Harrison benched it! If you're going to have Ash lose, at least show that his pokemon did damage too.

Oh yeah, I forgot something. Just a little tiny request I have regarding Ash's final battle in the tournament. Please writers, for the love of Arceus, don't have the opponent's pokemon be so overpowered! One complaint I had about the Kalos League is Alain's Charizard showing no signs of being injured or even tired after the battle despite everything Ash-Greninja did to it. What I love about the Johto League is that even though Ash lost to Harrison, Ash's Charizard managed to injure Harrison's Blaziken so much that Harrison benched it! If you're going to have Ash lose, at least show that his pokemon did damage too.
Or if they're going to do that have it be like Ash vs Tobias and have him lose in a blaze of glory. And to add on to your point on Alain's Charizard he took SE attacks from Pikachu as well in base form and he still looked like he wasn't injured or tired.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't have much hope for it.

SM has been REALLY light on battles. In fact, this may be the TV Show at it's most action-free since Kanto or mid-Johto. There are whole episodes without battles, and part of the time battles are short, or get interrupted without a winner. Heck, until Kukui said he wanted to start a League I wasn't even sure we'd get one this saga. At this point I'm very worried it'll be a formality like the Kalos League was. Heck, an even bigger one.

Unless they REALLY turn things around in the last year and few months, this has the potential to be one of the worst Leagues. (or the shortest)
Sorry to be pessimistic, but this saga has given me little reason to get my hopes very high. And the Kalos League should've taught everyone a lesson about that...

Last edited:
I want ash, lillie lana, Mamane, and Mallow o be compete with Ash winning or one girl any girl wins

I hope if there is an entry requirement in lieu of badges it isn't Grand Trials since it would be kinda lame to repeat Alain's Kalos league badges for multiple characters also for Ash to get that privilege despite not doing all the games trials.

If there isn't an entry requirement I hope that the anime takes decides to acknowledge continuity. Barry is an impatient guy he would jump at the opportunity to compete without getting the badges.

I want better fight choreography.

I want Ash to use multiple of his reserves.

If Ash loses have him lose to someone worthy like Tyson.

I hope Ash makes it to the semi finals and Kiawe continues Ash, Barry and Morrison's tradition of newcomers losing in the top 16.

I expect none of my wishes to come true except the last one.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom