• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola League is probably gonna be 3v3 or 4v4 battles at this point.

So a couple things on this, first off, this is a new league so I would imagine the "rules" are going to be fairly fluid. Considering the lack of Goodshow at Unova and Kalos, I kind of wonder if the leagues are even under the same umbrella outside of the Japan-based regions or if they are their own entities.

Second, unless I'm totally off-base, I don't think any such rule was ever stated. I was always under the impression that as long as the Pokemon listens to the trainer, its fair game. As weird as I think it would have been, I'm fairly certain Misty offered Ash to use some of her Pokemon in either Indigo or Johto (maybe that was dub only?). I also have a theory that since Alain doesn't seem to care about any of his Pokemon but Charizard, that he may have borrowed some of his, specifically Weavile and Bisharp, because those are evolved forms of common Team-Flare Pokemon. Not that those are the same situation, but I could see a scenario where a trainer strongly bonded with a Pokemon, but never used a Pokeball. Now using Solgaleo, yeah that would be pretty over the top, but I wouldn't count anything out in this series.

On a separate note, considering the "borrowing" idea, I wonder if they would potentially have a "classroom" entry consisting of everyone's Pokemon but Ash. That would be a rotation of about the same size as Ash's Unova group. I guess it would be a less weird way of getting the entire class involved, and its quite believable that Gladion or Ilima could off-screen get 6, but we know at this point Kiawe getting 6 would be extremely rushed.

Your Pokedex gets scanned before a League (Meaning you cannot enter it without a Pokemon you personally own).

Your Pokedex gets scanned before a League (Meaning you cannot enter it without a Pokemon you personally own).
I'm fairly certain there have been a number of league participants that don't even have a Pokedex, its not something everyone has. Plus, even if that was the case, that's just leagues we have seen before (and I really don't think all of them showed anything like this - just a couple), there is no reason to think this league would be the same. In Johto they did have that computer program with everyone's Pokemon in it, but I'm pretty sure the same computer systems in Sinnoh didn't have a comprehensive Pokemon list, and the whole premise behind Cameron's Hydreigon is that no one knew he had it. Anyway, I'm curious if you have any real evidence to this claim other than the above short statement. I think there is plenty of evidence that the vast majority of trainers in the anime don't have a Pokedex, but if you can point to something showing league participants are required to have one, I'd really like to see it because I clearly missed some big information along the way. Otherwise, I'm not going to argue over head canons...

Yeah, hadn't thought of it like that. This is Alola's first League, so the rules will probably be different, if just to make things easier on the writers. It would HAVE to be really different from any previous League considering how SM has played out.

No one noticed that Cameron is entering a 6v6 round with only 5 Pokémon.

Not to mention how he camped out at the League site for days, but never knew to register...
(And thinking one only needed 7 badges to enter. (Oh, and thinking the Isshu League was in Johto))

Yeah, hadn't thought of it like that. This is Alola's first League, so the rules will probably be different, if just to make things easier on the writers. It would HAVE to be really different from any previous League considering how SM has played out.

Not to mention how he camped out at the League site for days, but never knew to register...
(And thinking one only needed 7 badges to enter. (Oh, and thinking the Isshu League was in Johto))

Yet they made that pathetic idiot beat Ash.

Yeah, Ash winning the Alola League would definitely cause its own share of backlash. It's hard to say if it would be worse than if he loses again, but I don't think Ash winning this League would make a lot of people happy for multiple reasons. It would certainly be controversial in its own right.

Yeah, Ash winning the Alola League would definitely cause its own share of backlash. It's hard to say if it would be worse than if he loses again, but I don't think Ash winning this League would make a lot of people happy for multiple reasons. It would certainly be controversial in its own right.

I think it would all depend on how he won it. If he had his current Alola Team curbstomp all the Tapus, plus Zeraora, plus a few Ultra Beasts, then yeah, people would complain, and rightfully so. However, if Ash fought in at least a few six-on-six battles where his opponents proved their strength before facing him and he then beat them with a combination of his Alola Pokémon, plus some Kanto Pokémon while also using good strategy, I think it would not be all that controversial. The only question people would have is why Ash won in Alola using good tactics and strong Pokémon, while he did not win Kalos, despite having a fully evolved team (minus Pikachu), plus Ash-Greninja.

I think it would all depend on how he won it. If he had his current Alola Team curbstomp all the Tapus, plus Zeraora, plus a few Ultra Beasts, then yeah, people would complain, and rightfully so. However, if Ash fought in at least a few six-on-six battles where his opponents proved their strength before facing him and he then beat them with a combination of his Alola Pokémon, plus some Kanto Pokémon while also using good strategy, I think it would not be all that controversial. The only question people would have is why Ash won in Alola using good tactics and strong Pokémon, while he did not win Kalos, despite having a fully evolved team (minus Pikachu), plus Ash-Greninja.

I think Ash losing in Kalos despite having a mostly fully evolved team and Ash-Greninja alone would make Ash winning the Alola League controversial, especially when the online reception towards SM is a lot more mixed than it was for XY. Plus, I'm not sure if people would be happy with Ash having to rely on some of his Kanto Pokemon in order to give him a full team. It wouldn't be surprising considering he still only has four and it would be an easy way to have some Let's Go promotion, but even with good strategy, I'm not sure if people would be in favor of Ash winning a League with a team like that.

With only around 40 episodes left, there's not enough time for Ash to get two more Pokemon and have them be properly developed.

It's not as if him lacking properly developed Pokemon has ever stopped him before, though. He can succeed somewhat by plot power alone. :coffee:

I hope for 3vs 3 against 8 team mates

some random battles
and 6vs6 vs Gladion and that rival with probably Decidueye by then.
then battles with Kahunas and the profesor.

I hope for 3vs 3 against 8 team mates

some random battles
and 6vs6 vs Gladion and that rival with probably Decidueye by then.
then battles with Kahunas and the profesor.
But do you think Ash will even get a chance to battle the Kahunas? Knowing the writers, they will put a hope spot, and then extinguish it.

But do you think Ash will even get a chance to battle the Kahunas? Knowing the writers, they will put a hope spot, and then extinguish it.
He already beat most of Kahunas.

1.still not all.
2. those Battles were for Z-stones but there could make a league or tournament seperate.
Then rematches after like we know some Kahunas may got new pokemon...

It would be pointless to show rematches with them. We alteady see them defeated.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom